Tobacco Updated

This was the original post:

There isn't enough ways to make money, and here is my idea: Tobacco.

Illegal Tobacco:

https://gyazo.com/bc9589c5d5577c4d2eabd7f8560d0ca8

There is an island in the middle of the Pyrgos Bay, it is called Makrynisi.  For the sake of argument refer to it as Cuba,

Cuba has the best damn Tobacco in this whole wide world, and baby is it worth a whole lot.  The United Nations has an embargo on Cuban tobacco so if you want to run it you've got to hide it from those coppers!  Take out a boat at the Pyrgos or associated boat shops and go on out there and start gathering.  The big green reeds are what you are looking for and if you scroll wheel on them you start to gather Makrynisin Tobacco,  with a weight of 3 space each you then take it to the Cigar Roller in the Town of Stavros https://gyazo.com/34479205c3766473a6f8c574456905bf.  There you roll the cigars into new cigars.  The Wong Triad takes 10% of your tobacco away as a processing fee when you roll them into cigars.  You then take the cigars to your house where you have bought the new smoker upgrade you then put them in the house where they are smoked for the next three restarts.  Aging into cheap cigars, classy cigars, then expensive cigars. After they are completely smoked you take the cigars to Wong's Triad where you sell them for $850 a piece.  The triad would obviously take a cut out of the profits.  

Altis also has some decent tobacco, not very good, but mediocre.  This tobacco can be found in the town of Orino northeast of DP1.  The tobacco is stunted due to the cultivation and the plants you are looking for is the little barley bushes that are still green with the flowers.  You harvest them by scroll wheeling and the weight of each tobacco is 3.  You then take the  altian tobacco to the processor in Kore there you roll the tobacco into cheap cigarettes which you can immediately sell at the market in any major town.  Each cigarettes sells for $210 per.  You lose 4% of the product while rolling them into cigarettes but still make some decent money.  

Cigars have a processed weight of 3

Cigarettes have a processed weight of 2

Possesion of Illegal Tobacco has a bounty of 8500$ while arrested by the APD.  

The Makryinisi Island can only be patrolled by APD officers CPL+

Also you can add unarmed speedboats with a higher Virtual Inventory, Like 300 maybe, or upgrade the base storage of RHIB's

If anyone has any questions or suggestions especially @Leadyor @Jesse please don't hesitate to ask them.

Edit 1: Price now 1600 per cigar box.  I order to compensate for lack of boat space 

Edited by P.FitzWallace

Few Questions:

I. Why would only CPL+ patrol this? It sounds like any other drug field. The only reason uranium has that rule is because Constables and Cadets don't have access to the proper equipment to patrol it safely.

II. Why would tobacco be illegal? I get the whole 'Cuban Embargo' thing, but this is Altis, so why not just make it a legal money making method? I'd rather have new legal ways to make money than illegal.

III. Why an $8,500 bounty? That would make it the 3rd highest priced charge for possession behind Meth, Uranium, and Dog/Turtle Meat. There's no reason why tobacco, if it were illegal (Which again sounds ridiculous) should give a bounty higher than marijuana, heroin, PCP, cocaine, liquor, explosives, and illegal firearms. If anything, it should be one of the smallest if at all.

IV. Why on a secluded island requiring a boat? It doesn't make much sense in my eyes to make it something that needs to be done in a boat. Just put it up in the north west and give people a reason to go there for a change besides liquor.

V. If its going to be in a boat from the island east of Therisa, why process in Stavros? Who would want to take a boat that far for a small time paycheck?

VI. 300 space in the boats? I would literally never do tobacco with that much space. I would just go do sea turtles if I could hold that much. It pays way better, and has historically (For me at least) been a safe and profitable source of income even with just 200 storage.

That's all for now, but I'm sure I could take time to nitpick more but I can't be bothered atm.

3 minutes ago, Bilbo Baggins said:

Few Questions:

I. Why would only CPL+ patrol this? It sounds like any other drug field. The only reason uranium has that rule is because Constables and Cadets don't have access to the proper equipment to patrol it safely.

II. Why would tobacco be illegal? I get the whole 'Cuban Embargo' thing, but this is Altis, so why not just make it a legal money making method? I'd rather have new legal ways to make money than illegal.

III. Why an $8,500 bounty? That would make it the 3rd highest priced charge for possession behind Meth, Uranium, and Dog/Turtle Meat. There's no reason why tobacco, if it were illegal (Which again sounds ridiculous) should give a bounty higher than marijuana, heroin, PCP, cocaine, liquor, explosives, and illegal firearms. If anything, it should be one of the smallest if at all.

IV. Why on a secluded island requiring a boat? It doesn't make much sense in my eyes to make it something that needs to be done in a boat. Just put it up in the north west and give people a reason to go there for a change besides liquor.

V. If its going to be in a boat from the island east of Therisa, why process in Stavros? Who would want to take a boat that far for a small time paycheck?

VI. 300 space in the boats? I would literally never do tobacco with that much space. I would just go do sea turtles if I could hold that much. It pays way better, and has historically (For me at least) been a safe and profitable source of income even with just 200 storage.

That's all for now, but I'm sure I could take time to nitpick more but I can't be bothered atm.

I was informed that stuff in the northwest would be unlikely.

its on an island because it’s hard to get to, and the price can be nerfed.  Cpl+ bcuz it’s hard to get to.

I was looking for places on the map without stuff hence stavros.  There is a legal option, but the money is gonna be shit if it isn’t illegal too

the ticket price was based off the per unit price in comparison to meth and uranium.  With the boat I’m now gonna jack it up to be comparable with other methods 

Edited by P.FitzWallace

While that makes sense and perhaps I can make cigarette sales higher,  most legal money making methods are shitty.  This could act as beginner good illegal one, as you don’t need the houses of scotch, nor the big trucks or really the houses of meth.  The boat kind of neutralizes any buffs that experienced players gain over time.

the way the economy works atm is legal is trumped by illegal methods, I was building off that same theme