New Community Manager

Mason

Hello everyone,

I have been selected to become a Community Manager. My role is to be an active part of the community both in game and on the forums. I have been here for roughly 5 years with about 7,300 hours in Arma which is 95 percent on Asylum. The rest on KOTH and the campaign. For those of you who do not know me I am one of the best helicopter pilots on the server. I would consider myself a career rebel as I have only ever made it to CPL on the APD. I do try and balance it out as much as I can but there is something about trolling cops that puts a smile on my face. I am not that great at cartels or shooting in general but I love to mess around and have fun.  I have only ever been in 1 gang  throughout my time on Asylum which is Drunk Squad. If you have any questions please feel free to hit up my discord or find me in teamspeak. PM me about anything. If you want to chat or just get to know me my door is always open. I am here for you guys when you need me. 

Best wishes

-Mason

Leroy Fish, Bherky, Bandit and 31 others like this
1 hour ago, Midamaru said:

@Mason What kind of purpose does a CM have right now? I think Mitch is doing a great job at communicating and listening to the community ect. Just wondering what you'll bring to the table 🙂

Right now a CM has quite a few responsibilities and unless you are on the staff side of things it isn't super clear or spelled out. Ill list a few of the responsibilities we have now and maybe that might clear it up a bit.  First and foremost we are here to be the line of communication between staff and the community. This includes being active and visible in game as well as on the forums to keep you guys involved as much as possible. I myself need to do better at this and is something I am working on. Next we are the barrier between Mitch and the admin team. We are all a team on staff but as most people are aware whenever they are not happy with an admins decision they end up jumping straight to Mitch. Me and Leady are here to help mitigate that as much as possible so that Mitch can focus on other server related issues. Me and Leady try and filter out as much as we can unless it needs to go to Mitch. This includes but is not limited to, being second opinions on admin/mod reports, promoting people to support staff and moderators. Working with the APD/AFD on policy updates to make sure nothing is game breaking, whitelisting players for VPN use, being proactive in networking with other communities to reduce the amount of cheaters. Etc. We have quite a long list of responsibilities and we found that it is alot for Just Leady and Mitch alone to handle. Hopefully I can help reduce the stress and continue doing good work for the community. While it is not always shown or made public even in my time of "inactivity" I have always been committed to this server and will continue to do so. This server has given me more than just entertainment after work and I just want to be able to give back to it as much as I can. Some of the people I met here 5 years ago have become real life friends. Some of which I make annual trips to go see. I have never played a game before where I have formed this good of relationships with the people I have met. If I did not care for this community I would not have been chosen for CM. I would hope anyone who thinks differently would be open to come sit down and talk with me to get to know me. Hopefully this answers your question. 😄

BlackShot, Protocol, Copa and 3 others like this
28 minutes ago, Mason said:

Right now a CM has quite a few responsibilities and unless you are on the staff side of things it isn't super clear or spelled out. Ill list a few of the responsibilities we have now and maybe that might clear it up a bit.  First and foremost we are here to be the line of communication between staff and the community. This includes being active and visible in game as well as on the forums to keep you guys involved as much as possible. I myself need to do better at this and is something I am working on. Next we are the barrier between Mitch and the admin team. We are all a team on staff but as most people are aware whenever they are not happy with an admins decision they end up jumping straight to Mitch. Me and Leady are here to help mitigate that as much as possible so that Mitch can focus on other server related issues. Me and Leady try and filter out as much as we can unless it needs to go to Mitch. This includes but is not limited to, being second opinions on admin/mod reports, promoting people to support staff and moderators. Working with the APD/AFD on policy updates to make sure nothing is game breaking, whitelisting players for VPN use, being proactive in networking with other communities to reduce the amount of cheaters. Etc. We have quite a long list of responsibilities and we found that it is alot for Just Leady and Mitch alone to handle. Hopefully I can help reduce the stress and continue doing good work for the community. While it is not always shown or made public even in my time of "inactivity" I have always been committed to this server and will continue to do so. This server has given me more than just entertainment after work and I just want to be able to give back to it as much as I can. Some of the people I met here 5 years ago have become real life friends. Some of which I make annual trips to go see. I have never played a game before where I have formed this good of relationships with the people I have met. If I did not care for this community I would not have been chosen for CM. I would hope anyone who thinks differently would be open to come sit down and talk with me to get to know me. Hopefully this answers your question. 😄

Rename to head admin, makes it more clear.

Dear Community,

As Head Admin I can confirm that the staff work tirelessly throughout the night to work through your requests. Please be patient and congratulate @Mason on his new position. I'm sure he will not use his position of power to sit in kavala chatting up kids like the last one. 

Regards,

Aleec Spazeed

Edited by Alec-I
Heidelberg, Buck, WardonkeY and 5 others like this
4 hours ago, Mason said:

Can I have my house back

4 hours ago, Mason said:

That was quite an essay, the responsabilties are a lot more than I was expecting. I hope you keep enjoying it! I wasn't trying to say that the role is not needed but just genuinely curious. Most of what you do is hidden from the average player like me. However, goodluck with your new role 🙂

BlackShot and Mason like this
20 hours ago, Alec-I said:

Dear Community,

As Head Admin I can confirm that the staff work tirelessly throughout the night to work through your requests. Please be patient and congratulate @Mason on his new position. I'm sure he will not use his position of power to sit in kavala chatting up kids like the last one. 

Regards,

Aleec Spazeed

Does this mean i'm officially Vol? Cause i'm A-OK with that. @Mason Grats on becoming the one who shall not be named.

Alec-I and Jake like this