Suggestion: New cartel incentive

Would you like this suggestion to be implemented?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like this suggestion to be implemented?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but with a change to it (reply to this thread with your suggestion)

Hey everyone,

Gangs love to fight eachother over cartels but from what i have seen last month is that the activity at the cartels is low. I have an idea that would incentivize gangs to try and capture the cartels more often, making cartels more fun for gangs without harming the server in any way. 

Cartel rework

• Cartels do not reward money based on the amount of processing drugs, alcohol and the sales of rebel market ect.
  • Capturing a cartel rewards evenly distributed blood money paychecks to online gang members every 5 minutes
  • Blood money can be used at the rebel outpost to purchase vehicles

Cartels do not reward money based on the amount of processing drugs, alcohol and the sales of rebel market ect.

If you capture drug cartel and someone processes crystal meth it earns the gang money. However the gang is rarely ever helping or protecting the people running drugs. There used to be community meth runs ect but right now that never happens. Because of this i would suggest to remove this from affecting the payout so that we can create a stable alternative.

Capturing a cartel reward evenly distributed blood money paychecks to online gang members every 5 minutes

If a gang captures a cartel, all members want to benefit from it. However the cartel money goes into the gang account and has to be distributed by it's leaders. There are tons of disagreements about this, gangs have to make payout systems and have entire spreadsheets to mark activity ect. It would be an quality of life improvement for gangs to receive a good amount of currency evenly distributed to the gangmembers online which they can use to buy their loadouts/vehicles to fight cartels with.

Another idea would be to give a static X amount of blood money to the gang members online per 5 minutes. However that could cause super gangs to exist again, where there is a gang of 30 people always online through out the day and they all get rich. By distributing an X amount amongst online gang members, it rewards those with smaller groups more (it's also harder for them to hold the cartels).

Blood money can be used at the rebel outpost to purchase vehicles

Blood money is really nice to purchase your loadout and reduce some of your costs. However if you are primarily fighting cartels, you use orca's, ifrits and .50 cals there and also lose them. Costing a big chunks of money that demotivate players from going back to fight. By changing the payout system and putting blood money into every cartel holding gang members pocket it would be nice to let them purchase the vehicles they need to fight as well.

There is one crucial missing part about this idea but, i will need the developers/mitch to look at this. How much would you reward the gang per cartel they hold?

The amount is really the make it or break it for this suggestion. I would advice you that if you implement this suggestion, that you will expirement with it. Use your development aide group, find cartel fighting players to give feedback. Look at the statistics, the possible abuse, the increase/decrease in gang life.

Thanks for reading, critize all you want and please if you can, bring solutions or your own suggestions to the parts you don't like.

Abu, BlackShot, Donald and 4 others like this
13 minutes ago, Joshhh said:

Should still be based on amount of people processing/buying gear at rebel, holding cartels is much harder when there are 100 people on compared to 15, so profit reward needs to reflect that

Could make paychecks based on the amount of people on. That don't seem to difficult

Midamaru likes this
4 minutes ago, wollie35 said:

Could make paychecks based on the amount of people on. That don't seem to difficult

I agree but at the same time i would want the cartels to be worth capturing even if the server is pretty low. Otherwise it's a part of the game that is ignored unless there's enough people online.

When there is a low server population, the gang who holds the cartels also has low amount of people online. So you're likely to get 25-100% of the blood money. 

Edited by Midamaru
Just now, ron the player said:

It's ez money for big gangs. It Should be every 20 minutes 

20 minutes = 7.5k blood money for each gang member ( but the max players who can get the money is 5 )

It's less money for big gangs if you evenly divide the amount across online gang members. If you put a max on the people who receive the payout, then who getting it? It would also demotivate gangs from having 6 people or more i guess 😮

17 minutes ago, Mason Statham said:

Whilst this gives incentive to cap the cartel it still lacks the motive for big gangs to fight each other.

I would personally like to see a good reward for actually getting kills on cap.

Which big gangs? :( I would like to as well, but there just are no big gangs anymore. And it's one server right now, there wouldn't be more than 1 big gang. 

+1 for the idea for giving a reward for making kills near a cartel cap. Maybe 1km radius? 

wollie35 and Masonn like this
55 minutes ago, ron the player said:

It's ez money for big gangs. Paychecks Should be every 20 minutes 

20 minutes = 7.5k blood money for each gang member ( but the max players who can get the money is 5 )

NOooo, are you mad, 7k blood money isnt even a MK-1. If it was every 20 minutes or 15 minutes it should be like 20k

1 hour ago, Midamaru said:

I agree but at the same time i would want the cartels to be worth capturing even if the server is pretty low. Otherwise it's a part of the game that is ignored unless there's enough people online.

When there is a low server population, the gang who holds the cartels also has low amount of people online. So you're likely to get 25-100% of the blood money. 

Start it off at a static number, which is worth to afk cap, cause let's be real from my EU experience a while ago it was laying in cap with a gun and playing some other game, watching Netflix or working. I doubt it has changed. Idk if this will actually promote gang members to go afk online, just so they leech blood money of the gang but I assume the gangs will deal with those themselves.

For instance when less than 30 people on

Xamount / member count / 3

Between 30 and 70 people on

Xamount / member count / 2

Between 70 and 110

Xamount / member count / 1

X amount obviously being the blood money number. Which I don't know what would be proper amount. This is an easy dynamic system of paying blood money.

Midamaru likes this
Just now, wollie35 said:

Start it off at a static number, which is worth to afk cap, cause let's be real from my EU experience a while ago it was laying in cap with a gun and playing some other game, watching Netflix or working. I doubt it has changed. Idk if this will actually promote gang members to go afk online, just so they leech blood money of the gang but I assume the gangs will deal with those themselves.

Between 70 and 110

X amount obviously being the blood money number. Which I don't know what would be proper amount. This is an easy dynamic system of paying blood money.

wouldnt be dynamic if it was changing the 1 - 2 -3 it should be like Member count x 200 blood money every 10 mins

So if it was nearly full and had a 100 players you would get 20k blood money which is good but because the server is full

Just now, Snowdon said:

wouldnt be dynamic if it was changing the 1 - 2 -3 it should be like Member count x 200 blood money every 10 mins

So if it was nearly full and had a 100 players you would get 20k blood money which is good but because the server is full

In that case it's a simple change

Xamount / member count / Y

Y being 

Current player count / max players * 100

So with 11 people on and 2 members ( and a random number of 500 k blood money)

500000 / 2 /11 / 110 * 100= 20.6k

Midamaru likes this
3 minutes ago, wollie35 said:

Between 70 and 110

I like this, but i hope the developers have a better knowledge about what formula to use. 

Just now, Midamaru said:

I like this, but i hope the developers have a better knowledge about what formula to use. 

Yeah it's not my state to give any numbers, this is just a simple way of calculating a dynamic blood money number. Every person and software engineer can figure this out. Just a simple formula 

• I like the idea of changing up cartels to add a new dynamic to the system but the blood money paycheck system sounds a bit too overpowered.

• One thing I think would be cool is instead of giving a paycheck of blood money, instead you get say 150 BM per 10% of the cap (3k if you cap a cartel fully). Something like this would be cool. 

• The idea of being able to buy vehicles with BM is a great idea, 100% should be a thing. 

• I think gang payouts should stick the way they are, it makes room for unique structure to gangs and makes leading a gang mean more than just being an R1. 

Edited by Bherky
Midamaru likes this
2 hours ago, Midamaru said:

However that could cause super gangs to exist again, where there is a gang of 30 people always online through out the day and they all get rich.

Implying that server pop is regularly above 30 in 2020...

Other than that good suggestion tbh cartels are worthless rn

Just now, Bherky said:

Are you roommates Patrick Star? Server pop is full after 5pm, server pop only goes down during ddos.

You're lying to yourself if you think that. There haven't been more than like 7 cops on in the last week aside from when all the captains collectively decide to play together. The other night, 9 PM on a Saturday, there were 37 people. That's not an anomaly...

Just now, Yung Jaypl said:

You're lying to yourself if you think that. There haven't been more than like 7 cops on in the last week aside from when all the captains collectively decide to play together. The other night, 9 PM on a Saturday, there were 37 people. That's not an anomaly...

Are you saying that cops don't want to play king of the hill with CEO of Fed? No way!!

Server pop is expected to be low when server is being ddos 

Edited by Bherky
5 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

Well depends on when you play. Chart from last 7 days:

70306ff8b5e0d55293fdb7193bfac937.png

One server that hovers around 60 people.

I'm glad to see people making an effort to fix gang life and get pop numbers back up, but realistically it will fall on deaf ears and it wont get changed for 6+ months. Soon 

Just now, Bherky said:

Are you saying that cops don't want to play king of the hill with CEO of Fed? No way!!

Server pop is expected to be low when server is being ddos 

Yes, CEO is the first gang to fight cops. Are you new?

And no, server wasn't getting ddosed...

Edited by Yung Jaypl