Changelog - June

1 minute ago, DS_Billy said:

The fact that you made all theese changes and did nothing for the way evidence locker is robbed is a testament to how out of touch you all are with the server. 

There are changes planned. We've even discussed several different options for what we could do. Several people can even attest to this statement. I sat in a channel and discussed this with a few cops and civs. I've talked with mitch, our developers, and admins as well. Just because it hasn't happened in this update, doesn't mean we're not planning to change it?

3 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Downside:

Lethals not paying out for unreachable places and armed gunners.

Certain situations at federal events.

Certain federal event situations is very vague. I understand that you don't get paid for lethaling them in unreachable places. However, you could also just catch them later? Chances are they're not always going to be in an unreachable place... This change should make it so less people put themselves in unreachable places to just get free pardons. This will also ideally force more "RP" scenarios potentially on people, instead of just using it to avoid situations potentially too. Turning yourself in can be a %50 ticket reduction too. This really isn't something I'm gonna argue about. IMO.. it's just money at the end of the day you miss out on here potentially. That can later be caught or potentially get even more from that said person now.

15 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

A lot more thinking needs to go into some of these changes, plain and simple. Some and great but others are just..yeah.

A lot of thinking does go in to a lot of this believe it or not. Just because we're not making the changes you believe are correct or following your vision, doesn't mean it's everyone's vision dude.

aqzx127 and BlackShot like this
Just now, Jesse said:

There are changes planned. We've even discussed several different options for what we could do. Several people can even attest to this statement. I sat in a channel and discussed this with a few cops and civs. I've talked with mitch, our developers, and admins as well. Just because it hasn't happened in this update, doesn't mean we're not planning to change it?

For future reference, a "few cops and civs" don't speak for the entire community. Maybe talk to more people? Or check the suggestions page and actually read through it?

LeagueLucian likes this
10 minutes ago, DS_Billy said:

then do it? its been like that for too long already. But instead. Shotguns are illegal, good work.

I said a month or so ago, that I was going to be the one to rework this and make changes now. I had a discussion like I said above with Staff, Mitch, Developers, and also the new community aides I'm working with on how we can go about balancing it. This update is Part 1 of a 2 part update I had planned to be more focused about changes for civilian life balances and adjustments. I am just having a hard time finding a good balance that isn't basically what I made on Olympus. I'd like for it to be different. 

Just now, Jesse said:

How many man hours went into removing bounty hunter from city's and making it so people who enjoy playing the server for the bounty hunter aspect are fucked for up to 3 hours if they get caught doing something bad with a bounty hunter weapon? How many hours went into discussing removing a shotgun from gun stores? 

How many of those man hours could have gone into fixing stuff thats actually broken? Like the evidence locker, like the fact that the radiation from the nuclear power plant reaches black market? 

That's the problem.

Just now, Copa said:

For future reference, a "few cops and civs" don't speak for the entire community. Maybe talk to more people? Or check the suggestions page and actually read through it?

So I'll spend the next month talking to the entire community about changes. Everyone has their own visions/ideas of what is right/wrong. People have different play-styles. Just because they don't align with yours doesn't make it wrong.

Maaqs likes this
Just now, Jesse said:

So I'll spend the next month talking to the entire community about changes. Everyone has their own visions/ideas of what is right/wrong. People have different play-styles. Just because they don't align with yours doesn't make it wrong.

Absolutely but who agrees that radiation from people running uranium should reach people running guns?

Edited by DS_Billy
Samus_Aran likes this
Just now, DS_Billy said:

How many man hours went into removing bounty hunter from city's and making it so people who enjoy playing the server for the bounty hunter aspect are fucked for up to 3 hours if they get caught doing something bad with a bounty hunter weapon? 

If you "enjoy playing the server for the bounty hunter aspect" chances are you won't be getting caught doing some bad with the weapon then? If you do, then that's the consequence. Don't know what you want to hear lol.

Just now, DS_Billy said:

How many man hours went into removing bounty hunter from city's and making it so people who enjoy playing the server for the bounty hunter aspect are fucked for up to 3 hours if they get caught doing something bad with a bounty hunter weapon?

"People who enjoy playing the server for the bounty hunter aspect" typically aren't the ones this update would affect in the first place.

王 rando 王 likes this
Just now, DS_Billy said:

How many of those man hours could have gone into fixing stuff thats actually broken? Like the evidence locker, like the fact that the radiation from the nuclear power plant reaches black market? 

That's the problem.

Yet we have this guy suggesting I spend just a bunch of time talking to people and not working on anything with those man hours:

Just now, Copa said:

Just now, DS_Billy said:

Who agrees that radiation from people running uranium should reach people running guns?

Have you ever thought this was an oversight? I would disagree with this if it's the case. However, I didn't make uranium or even care to look at the range of it's effects. So this is something I am unaware of. At the same time you haven't made a single bug report on this matter to make us aware of this potential issue. Instead you feel the best way is to belittle us and bitch like a child.

Just now, Jesse said:

If you "enjoy playing the server for the bounty hunter aspect" chances are you won't be getting caught doing some bad with the weapon then? If you do, then that's the consequence. Don't know what you want to hear lol.

Just now, Samperino said:

"People who enjoy playing the server for the bounty hunter aspect" typically aren't the ones this update would affect in the first place.

tenor.gif?itemid=7753230  

Why gatekeep for 3 hours? how does that benefit? If you felt like bounty hunters needed to be punished why not make bounty hunter license cost more??? im presuming rebels getting caught dont have their rebel license revoked until next server restart if they are caught?? see how dumb that sounds?

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Lmao no one said anyones playstyle was right or wrong. Talk to people other than the admin team and a "few civs and cops" before you fuck around and put shotguns at rebel only and remove lethal payouts

Just now, DS_Billy said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7753230  

Why gatekeep for 3 hours? how does that benefit? If you felt like bounty hunters needed to be punished why not make bounty hunter license cost more??? im presuming rebels getting caught dont have their rebel license revoked until next server restart if they are caught?? see how dumb that sounds?

Can you stop making fucking sense? Please?

Making me look bad ffs.

Just now, DS_Billy said:

It was asked specifically to the APD that removal of the license be in more extreme circumstances... Simply having a gun you shouldn't while on bounty hunter shouldn't constitute the removal of the license. So what are you exactly complaining about? This change was to combat serious abuse of the license. In which case revoking it is fine for POTENTIALLY up to 3 hours. That's if it was right near the start and the person was abusing it. 

4fdd6c986ab8b2b1bd805b9abbaab31d.png

Samus_Aran likes this
Just now, Jesse said:

Yet we have this guy suggesting I spend just a bunch of time talking to people and not working on anything with those man hours:

Have you ever thought this was an oversight? I would disagree with this if it's the case. However, I didn't make uranium or even care to look at the range of it's effects. So this is something I am unaware of. At the same time you haven't made a single bug report on this matter to make us aware of this potential issue. Instead you feel the best way is to belittle us and bitch like a child.

I apologize if taking criticism for changes that make little sense to the community offends you and you take it as a personal attack, you should probably lock these threads if you dont want negative feedback. 

Also if you talked to a bunch of admins, CM's presumably higher up cops, and none of them knows that we have a huge area of effect problem for radiation, that makes me incredibly worried about how little contact our admin team have with the server and understand how it works. 

Edited by DS_Billy
Copa and Fried Rice like this

Just now, DS_Billy said:

I apologize if taking criticism for changes that make little sense to the community offends you and you take it as a personal attack, you should probably lock these threads if you dont want negative feedback. 

Also if you talked to a bunch of admins, CM's cops and players, and none of them knows that we have a huge area of effect problem for radiation, that makes me incredibly worried about how little contact our admin team have with the server and understand how it works. 

But they always play the server so they know obviously.

Miller. likes this
Just now, DS_Billy said:

Also if you talked to a bunch of admins, CM's cops and players, and none of them knows that we have a huge area of effect problem for radiation, that makes me incredibly worried about how little contact our admin team have with the server and understand how it works. 

You know something? These people, INCLUDING YOU have ways of bringing this issue to our attention. Did you try ANY of those channels for this issue before complaining here? I know the answer is no on the forums. Did you PM me on discord? Nope. Did you at me in a channel? Nope. What have YOU done?

I am 100% available on discord for people to communicate issues to me. No one does. That is not my fault.

aqzx127 and Veezara like this
1 hour ago, Jesse said:

That's up to your higher ups I guess, I don't deal with how the APD handles these issues? However, you should now be able to send someone to jail regardless of location within the last 2.5 minutes or whatever the time is when it tells you to sync your vehicle. This is to be used in accordance to whatever APD policy/procedures/guidelines they decide on though.

thats fucking gay that ruins the whole civilian aspect of stalling the cops and trying to fuck with them for they cant send your friend to jail. Whats the point of even trying to save them or even playing anymore. Now the guy is gonna magically scroll wheel on me and I tp across the map. Also half the shit you added is fucking stupid

Edited by 王 Ari Petrou 王
2 minutes ago, DS_Billy said:

Also if you talked to a bunch of admins, CM's presumably higher up cops, and none of them knows that we have a huge area of effect problem for radiation, that makes me incredibly worried about how little contact our admin team have with the server and understand how it works. 

The radiation does not reach the black market north of the power plant, I will look at making it just match the redzone, swamp is unused though and there’s no player homes in it

Just now, Jesse said:

You know something? These people, INCLUDING YOU have ways of bringing this issue to our attention. Did you try ANY of those channels for this issue before complaining here? I know the answer is no on the forums. Did you PM me on discord? Nope. Did you at me in a channel? Nope. What have YOU done?

Maybe play the server you're developing for...

Bag Of Funyuns likes this
Just now, Jesse said:

Last time i tried to suggest something legit i got a "lol" in response. The channels aint as open as you think.

Samus_Aran, Fried Rice and DS_Billy like this

I completely support the bounty hunter change. A majority of new players do not know how to bounty hunt and will end up breaking some rule going after a bounty. And to those who say it is gatekeeing, you literally just need to drive for around a minute to get to skiptracer. If a player truly wants a bounty hunter gun it won’t stop them. If your bounty hunting someone in a town all you have to do is keep respawning after you die, grab another downing gun, and run back. I think this will balance it out a little more.

Bag Of Funyuns likes this
Just now, Jesse said:

But replying here to a change log informing you of the bug that i had expected to be fixed is not an ok means to report it? is it just an issue with being told publicly about theese issues? i got you two seconds.

2f53ed12861d68e7e2e0bed900adc9f3.png

Sorted

Edited by DS_Billy
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Last time i tried to suggest something legit i got a "lol" in response. The channels aint as open as you think.

Maybe to someone else? I listen and am quite open. Don't think anyone here can say I ignore their feedback or suggestions... like how i've been sitting here replying back to everyone who is commenting. I can see EVERY channel on both the Admin discord and the regular discord. There is no reason you can't suggest something to me via those means. I'm not saying someone else, but me. Those channels are quite open.

Just now, DS_Billy said:

But replying here to a change log informing you of the bug that i had expected to be fixed is not an ok means to report it? is it just an issue with being told publicly about theese issues? i got you two seconds.

Sorted

That is incredibly descriptive of the issue. I would just ignore that. If you put no effort in something, why should I put effort in finding out why it's "fucked up"? If you expect it just magically be "fixed" without anyone knowing about an issue you're pretty thick skulled. I'm done with this conversation. It's obvious you're truly not caring to help improve the community, instead you're just wanting to be toxic on the forums.

I'm over this conversation. If you want to continue it on TS, message me on there.

Veezara likes this
Just now, Jesse said:

Maybe to someone else? I listen and am quite open. Don't think anyone here can say I ignore their feedback or suggestions... like how i've been sitting here replying back to everyone who is commenting. I can see EVERY channel on both the Admin discord and the regular discord. There is no reason you can't suggest something to me via those means. I'm not saying someone else, but me. Those channels are quite open.

That is incredibly descriptive of the issue. I would just ignore that. If you put no effort in something, why should I put effort in finding out why it's "fucked up"?

200w.gif 

Miller. likes this
Just now, Luke SwagWalker said:

technically you're correct, but bro "working as intended"

63c0f9dca07b86ef942dff5f88db5175.jpg

If that circle is just where you hit the radiation, I don't see the issue here lol... There is no marker specifying the distance of the radiation... I'd say make basically the whole swamp radiated. Which looks like it is.

Just now, Keneith said:

because of one group abusing it once again, Just like the last patch. LoL

Caught us, this is exactly why.

Just now, Jesse said:

If that circle is just where you hit the radiation, I don't see the issue here lol... There is no marker specifying the distance of the radiation... I'd say make basically the whole swamp radiated. Which looks like it is.

that makes sense but the swamp isnt fully irradiated. its inconsistent is all im saying. some parts of the road are radiated and some parts are not.

also since you took out the shotty from gun store can we get the pm-9 back? i need my $600 pmc killing machine back

Copa and Fried Rice like this