Changelog - June

45 minutes ago, Jesse said:

So I'll spend the next month talking to the entire community about changes. Everyone has their own visions/ideas of what is right/wrong. People have different play-styles. Just because they don't align with yours doesn't make it wrong.

You need to not "spend a month talking" no spend a week talking to the community or even hold a community meeting and see what we want have you ever though about that? And if people don't like the changes then they are somewhat responsible for why the changes they think would make the server better not being added.

Imagine @DS_Billy actually being right for once jesus christ I'll have whatever yall were smoking when you decided on this update. This is literally the dumbest shit I've ever read. Is this a April Fool's joke in July? I thought you guys had some idea guys or whatever. Get rid of them if these were their ideas. What the fuck is this changelog. What the fuck. Bounty Hunter is destroyed, removing lethals payout because the Chief of Police who got force retired wanted it, what the fuck are these patches. Goodbye server if this is what patches look like. Yikes

6ea798cbd2fd1679e3fe7052a0564bed.png

says a lot when Sharing likes Billy's post oh my god

Edited by LeagueLucian
Alex:), Turtle Burtle, Walt and 6 others like this
2 minutes ago, LeagueLucian said:

removing lethals

Lethals weren't removed. The pardon from it was. If you want to clear your bounty, turn yourself into a cop (for a starting 50% reduction), or go to the courthouse and pay it off in full or turn yourself into jail to clear it for free. It's a small change for a large part of the community. This mostly affects players who abused unreachable locations for free pardons. The overblown complaining is entirely unreasonable.

王 rando 王 likes this
Just now, Samperino said:

Lethals weren't removed. The pardon from it was. If you want to clear your bounty, turn yourself into a cop (for a starting 50% reduction), or go to the courthouse and pay it off in full or turn yourself into jail to clear it for free. It's a small change for a large part of the community. This mostly affects players who abused unreachable locations for free pardons. The overblown complaining is entirely unreasonable.

Who the fuck cares that lethaling gave someone a free pardon

Its a game sorry people want to play. Besides, this is literally the only server than allows people to keep their bounty after respawning. I don't know who would want that at all. Absolutely horrible changes. 

Sheriff Rick and Alex:) like this

BH changes might be okay.  If they are more balanced then please for the love of God can we re-enable relogging for bounties/GREATLY reducing the time required to drop a bounty.  Sorry, no matter what you do, I will not go across the map to catch someone who I know to be in a big ass group.

12 minutes ago, Samperino said:

It would be okay, but cops don't RP and hardly anyone gets in trouble for robocopping.  I recommend just pressing plates because 90% of cops are absolutely fucking retarded.

王 rando 王 likes this
7 minutes ago, ColtonB205 said:

With the change to licenses being gone for the full restart, how does that affect people who go to jail/sent to jail and are released? Can they go re-buy the license immediately or are they also bared from buying a licenses as if they were seized by a police officer?

It is only affected if the APD seizes the license, losing it to jailing by any means does not prevent you from getting it again

ColtonB205 and Patato like this
1 hour ago, • B A R K I N • said:

I think you retards broke the metal plates in the prison with this patch.

Hot fix when?

It's fixed for next hotfix. Should be live in a few hours.

Hot Fix #1:

• Bounty Hunter license is now equal price as a Rebel License ($12,500)
  • Changed spelling of licence to license when purchasing
  • Reverted Revoke license change
  • Added ability for Corporal+ to revoke BH License for remainder of server restart (See policy update from Captains for when to use)
  • Fixed metal plate gathering in prison
  • Fixed blackjack tables
  • Fixed a script error for redgull
6 hours ago, Jesse said:

I sat in a channel and discussed this with a few cops and civs. I've talked with mitch, our developers, and admins as well. 

Mitch, developers and admins do not have the same perspective of the server as normal players, they may say they do, but they don't. Discussing changes with "a few cops and civs" then making huge changes to things that almost always leads to backlash, seems like a stupid thing to be doing, you have your new development reps or whatever it is, but we don't even know who they are, or what decisions they've inputted on, why not just copy council off olympus and have representatives of each faction that meet and theyre the ones who come up with the ideas for changes seeing as theyre the ones who play the game daily, and understand what is broken and needs to changed/be added, and actually communicate with the community prior to updates with what is planned to get feedback then, before the work is put in? But I guess that is too much work and you'd rather keep doing updates that no one is wanting or expecting. 

Edited by Joshhh
5 hours ago, Sheriff Rick said:

BH changes might be okay.  If they are more balanced then please for the love of God can we re-enable relogging for bounties/GREATLY reducing the time required to drop a bounty.  Sorry, no matter what you do, I will not go across the map to catch someone who I know to be in a big ass group.

It would be okay, but cops don't RP and hardly anyone gets in trouble for robocopping.  I recommend just pressing plates because 90% of cops are absolutely fucking retarded.

But turning yourself in is automatically a 50% reduction. Even if you get “robocopped” it’s still a lot cheaper than paying it off in full, no? Still a benefit. I fail to see the downside here.

1 hour ago, Mr.Bannas said:

I feel the admins and the mods do not really play the game much and rely on sources such as career cops to make sure that the server is according to their needs and wishes :( . Also why is no one talking about the server crashes?

1st: We (staff team) try to play as much as we can but of course unlike you or any other non "staff" player we do have other "jobs" that we do and most of the time a normal player like you won't see it, but I have to say that we admins or mods are "gamers" too and like to enjoy other games aswell.

And I wouldn't say that we 100% rely on the APD higher ups however they're long time players and know the server well and we have easier access to communicate with them unlike civs, and if you do have an Idea feel free to post something this topic.

I can assure you that they'll be looked at but I cannot promise you that everything will get implemented that people suggested.

2nd: For the server crashes... well....unfortunately we cannot do anything about, since we and other server/s are being targeted by ddos.

I know it sucks and I personally wish that it would not happen because it ruins the fun...  Nonetheless we got to stay strong and endure it....

If any of you guys lost stuff please submit a comp request here!

Edit: Idc about any grammar or spelling mistakes.

16 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Added:

• Most recent gang wars winners given in-game title. Old winners removed.
  • Added autorun via custom action 5, supports swimming too.
  • Added group member names under hexes when the tilde key is pressed, last 5 seconds.
  • Added a 3rd Skiptracer north of Sofia, replacing the old bounty hunter shop.
  • Added olive legstrap backpack to rebel and regular clothing store.
    • Black added to Donor 10
    • Coyote added to Donor 9
  • Added air spawns to Athira and HW patrol HQs.
  • Added IR Laser to Rebel/Skiptracer & Cpl+.
  • Added a Check Mailbox scroll option on ATMs as alternative to !comp.
  • Medic "Partnership" system
    • Scroll on any medic to become a partner.
    • Wiping you partners will not wipe you from others, they'll still pay you if you wipe yours.
  • Added scopes to evidence lockup loot.
  • Added an additional toggle for earplug volume, toggling between full, your custom setting, and half of your custom setting.

Changed/Tweaked:

• Increased bounty arrest cap 175k to 1 million.
  • Moved shotguns to rebel only,  made both illegal and unable to cap cartels.
  • Having your bounty hunter license revoked will keep you from getting a new license until the next server session.  <-- See Hotfix #1
  • Changed bounty hunter jailing to only be allowed at Skiptracer/Prison, no longer possible inside cities and Therisa.
  • Renamed Skiptracer map markers to Bounty Hunter Base.
  • Checkpoint gates will now be open after a restart.
  • Added MXM to Evidence Lockup loot table.
  • Spike strip weight 10 -> 12
  • Ammo/Scope/Attachment prices will now be more consistent across Altis.
  • In 2019 we promised a permanent 15% reduction on Rebel weapons, We have made back-end changes that resulted in that 15% discount being removed and have instead reduced prices to compensate. In most cases you shouldn't notice a difference at all, if you find odd/clearly broken prices leave feedback! Intentional Base price reductions below.
    • P90 $8000 -> $6,000
    • LIM $35000 -> $30,000
    • MK 200 $30000 -> $25,000
  • Key ammo Price Changes
    • LIM Ammo $5000 -> $3000
    • MK 200 Ammo  $4000 -> $2500
  • APD MX-GL $6000 -> $3000
  • Medic revives will now pay 15% of the amount to all medics online (excluding yourself).
    • Reviving medic will get the other 85% - if you have partners that 85% is divided among your partners.
  • Giving too many items to a player will now let them know what you tried to give.
  • Ability to revive group members even if they don't hit "Allow Revive".
  • Katiba Added to UC Store for SGT+

Removed

• Removed lethal payouts and pardon. Thank you,i think higher bounties will be a thing now an maybe be a benefit down the road.
  • Removed red zone from Skiptracer.
  • Removed bounty hunter shops within cities.
  • Removed police virtual item shop from inside Evidence Lockup.
  • Removed Kavala HQ dispatch desk.
  • Removed split medic groups.

Fixed:

• Fixed various exploit methods.
  • Fixed missing Swat garage at Air HQ.
  • Missing Donor 8 Van.
  • Fixed revoking permanent house keys.
  • Fixed map drawing exploit.

Hot Fix #1:

• Bounty Hunter license is now equal price as a Rebel License ($12,500)
  • Changed spelling of licence to license when purchasing
  • Reverted Revoke license change
  • Added ability for Corporal+ to revoke BH License for remainder of server restart (See policy update from Captains for when to use)
  • Fixed metal plate gathering in prison
  • Fixed blackjack tables
  • Fixed a script error for redgull

Removed lethal payouts and pardon. --Thank you,i think higher bounties will be a thing now an maybe be a benefit down the road.Also hope it don't make cops even more lethal happy then they are.

Added autorun via custom action 5, supports swimming too.--Thank god this is a thing.

Moved shotguns to rebel only,  made both illegal and unable to cap cartels.--How come this was moved? Cartel thing makes sense,but why remove em from city gun stores?

Changed bounty hunter jailing to only be allowed at Skiptracer/Prison, no longer possible inside cities and Therisa.--This kinda hurts bounty hunters,taking it out of therisa isn't bad but the other cities its kinda puts a crutch on the solo/smaller groups that try.

Added an additional toggle for earplug volume, toggling between full, your custom setting, and half of your custom setting.--Some of you people are just ungrateful

Added group member names under hexes when the tilde key is pressed, last 5 seconds.--Pretty sweet if tilde works lol

Maaqs, Mason and Akeelagi like this
4 hours ago, Tony said:

If shotguns are illegal and only at rebel why cant you cap cartels with it?

Due to the unbalanced nature of shotguns at this time we've decided to make it so you can't, honestly we figured BI would've released an update to them back when they came out. Since you could basically destroy any homestead, etc with it.. The effects of a shotgun vs armored vehicles and such are also pretty unbalanced. Personally I don't think they should even be in until BI balances them better. I could use this same argument against an SDAR? Sdars are illegal, want people capturing with that?

7 hours ago, Mr.Bannas said:

Also why is no one talking about the server crashes?

They're not crashes.. It's DDoS attacks. Just a few hundred attacks in the last month or two.

3 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

But hey now im going to report EVERYTIME i get leathaled. Gives the higher ups activities i guess...

Not quite sure why you'd report this? As lethaling is the same... You simply don't get paid for it. But hey, you do you. We can always just remove your ability to create tickets if you become a nuisance on purpose.

Patato and Revenant like this