Changelog - June

On 7/3/2020 at 5:48 PM, Jesse said:

There are two options of having your license revoked? One allows you to just rebuy it. The other option is remainder of the restart. The remainder of the restart is if the bounty hunter has kidnapped an officer or civilian who is not their bounty. Even then it's Corp+ discretion.

I just don't think it should be possible to restrict it for a restart no matter what they do with it. Just my opinion on it. I don't even bounty hunt at the moment and haven't in a long time.

On 7/3/2020 at 5:53 PM, DankBud said:

is a mega 12,500 not that big of a deal tbh...swear you guys bitch just to bitch.

What does the price have to do with what I said? I don't care how much it costs to rebuy it.

2 hours ago, Defragments said:

I just don't think it should be possible to restrict it for a restart no matter what they do with it. Just my opinion on it. I don't even bounty hunt at the moment and haven't in a long time.

Honestly I think this sort of thing is needed to counter toxic city rats that down and restrain people just to make them rage quit. It’s perfectly regulated as well since only Cpl+ can revoke for a whole restart. The whole update nerfing the BH’s is because of the toxic players that abuse it. 

13 hours ago, Patheticflower said:

Personal opinion, changing the bounty payout limit from 175k to 1mil is an atrocious idea. Bounty boosting to a million then cashing out is a total possibility

1 mil cap is only available to the APD as far as i know. BH’s are still stuck at the 175k cap, though i think it would be cool to find a way to let legitimate hunters exceed that cap.

Majority of the cop force are constables, who carry 6.5 rifles to go fight rebels carrying 7.62s and plate carriers.

It does kinda suck that we have lower quality gear, but we also have access to things that can balance out the power in a fight. We have cheap loadouts, fast means of getting into fights, access to flashbangs, access to spike strips, and the increased number of SWAT trained people are starting to make a difference. I seriously doubt constables will ever see 7.62’s in their hands outside of a SWAT role on Asylum, but that doesn’t mean consideration shouldnt be given for access to other weapons. Perhaps other weapons should be added with a hefty price tag for those willing to pay? Or perhaps give constables access to the carrier lite to tank maybe 1 more bullet?

Edited by Matty Skirata

I read that changes to the Lockup are in the works, well I'd say that they need to be expedited. Not rushed, expedited. The lockup is an extremely frustrating experience for the APD.

Honestly the only issue i see with lockup is that the APD spawn in the open, which makes them a prime target for CEO taru hunting parties XD

I feel the only fix needed is to spawn them in cover. If they get that, they get to spawn inside and not die immediately. The loot from lockup is laughable most of times, unless maybe it’s a new gang looking to get a couple free MK1’s. I was actually surprised they disabled lockup.

7 hours ago, Matty Skirata said:

Honestly the only issue i see with lockup is that the APD spawn in the open, which makes them a prime target for CEO taru hunting parties XD

As stated above by someone, once the lockup is initiated, there's no way to shut it down. It's not like the bank where you can disable the drill and be done with it. Another issue that I see is the imbalance of armor, both player wise and vehicle wise. They roll up with usually anywhere between 4-6 ifrits, plate carriers, and 7.62s. Constables roll up with 6.5, and hatchbacks (glass cannon hotrod). Now dont get me wrong, the problem doesnt solely lie in the equipment, since the amount of Zurg Rushing that goes on is ridiculous.

14 hours ago, DankBud said:

I feel this is by design if im not mistaken? Rebels did "take over the island" an APD fight for it back kinda thing...or has that lost its "RP" value over the years?

Again to,this comes back to a leadership issue on cop..

I don't feel this is accurate. If like I said is true where the cops don't pose a threat in most situations, why would there be RP? Why would the gangs and rebels feel any need to have any interaction with the APD when they know they are better than them. Hell, most of the time there is no RP between APD and gangs. Gangs do a Federal event, APD shows up, APD loses, Gang wins. There could be negotiations. There could be talking. But no one does that. And Federal events are supposed to be challenging, you're pulling off a bank robbery. If I had anything to say about it, I would move the bank. Where it is currently, is kinda like the trenches of World War 1. Gangs in their trench (Roof, Bank, Unreachable, Lighthouse, etc.), APD in their trench (First Construction, First ATM, etc.), and no man's land in the middle. No man's land being a wide open section for 100m. Move it to a town, have an urban fight. Allow APD to come from more than 1 angle. Put it in Charkia, allow cops/gangs to set up in the factory up the hill. It's still close to Pyrgos so there's where you would stage.

Federal Reserve is worse than the Bank as well. Gangs have all the cover in the world inside there. Hesco barriers and deer stands and command posts for days. Cops have a wall. And to get into the Reserve, there's a 50m wide open section with no cover whatsoever. Considering it only takes one 7.62 round to drop most cops, that run is hard. If we were to wait till they leave and hit them on the road, you run into the issue of the number of ifrits again. 4-6 atleast.

If the intention is to put the APD at a disadvantage, then that's one thing. However, the disadvantages that we are put  at currently, is ridiculous. 

Every change I see to the APD is put in place for Cpl+, it's about time the constables get some love and get some improvements.

12 hours ago, Defragments said:

What does the price have to do with what I said? I don't care how much it costs to rebuy it.

nothing in particular,it just came off as if that was the issue..

2 hours ago, Patheticflower said:

As stated above by someone, once the lockup is initiated, there's no way to shut it down. It's not like the bank where you can disable the drill and be done with it. Another issue that I see is the imbalance of armor, both player wise and vehicle wise. They roll up with usually anywhere between 4-6 ifrits, plate carriers, and 7.62s. Constables roll up with 6.5, and hatchbacks (glass cannon hotrod). Now dont get me wrong, the problem doesnt solely lie in the equipment, since the amount of Zurg Rushing that goes on is ridiculous.

I don't feel this is accurate. If like I said is true where the cops don't pose a threat in most situations, why would there be RP? Why would the gangs and rebels feel any need to have any interaction with the APD when they know they are better than them. Hell, most of the time there is no RP between APD and gangs. Gangs do a Federal event, APD shows up, APD loses, Gang wins. There could be negotiations. There could be talking. But no one does that. And Federal events are supposed to be challenging, you're pulling off a bank robbery. If I had anything to say about it, I would move the bank. Where it is currently, is kinda like the trenches of World War 1. Gangs in their trench (Roof, Bank, Unreachable, Lighthouse, etc.), APD in their trench (First Construction, First ATM, etc.), and no man's land in the middle. No man's land being a wide open section for 100m. Move it to a town, have an urban fight. Allow APD to come from more than 1 angle. Put it in Charkia, allow cops/gangs to set up in the factory up the hill. It's still close to Pyrgos so there's where you would stage.

Federal Reserve is worse than the Bank as well. Gangs have all the cover in the world inside there. Hesco barriers and deer stands and command posts for days. Cops have a wall. And to get into the Reserve, there's a 50m wide open section with no cover whatsoever. Considering it only takes one 7.62 round to drop most cops, that run is hard. If we were to wait till they leave and hit them on the road, you run into the issue of the number of ifrits again. 4-6 atleast.

If the intention is to put the APD at a disadvantage, then that's one thing. However, the disadvantages that we are put  at currently, is ridiculous. 

Every change I see to the APD is put in place for Cpl+, it's about time the constables get some love and get some improvements.

There is no RP because cops don't like to RP because they don't have too....There have been plenty of time DS has tried to mess about with RP,granted not the best RP,but the dialogue was presented...The cops mindsets has changed over the years its legit just that simple,Its become more toxic,less about team work an more about who wants to make the next best play...The current spot for bank is more then fine,sure there is a choke point,but if cops worked as a team they would have a better chance each time..Pyrgos bank is awful,was already there before an it was for the most part aids..

Another thing people should remember,this is more of a combat oriented server,more so over RP.Everything happens faster an just is more competitive.As far as i can remember Asylum has always been this way.

I feel a lot of cops forget that.Again im not bashing cops or trying to keep it one sided for Rebels here or in any post i make.

If you wanna change one spot an put something somewhere else,Its gonna change an lead to something else having to be moved/changed.

With Lockup it is broke af for sure,i didnt quite understand it as much as i thought i did a couple weeks ago.So i was wrong an im sorry for being ignorant about it.

Fed i dont think is broke,its meant to be a attack an defend style event like the bank,One of the main reasons cops fail it is because they zerg it all the time.Just like a majority of everything they do...Think about it,When a bank or fed pops,who trys to get any info before they get there,i dont mean get there,then die,then get info....get it before they show up?? An don't zerg rush it...Bank has been talked about for a while now with cops crying about its hard this an that.

The issue with most the events is cops are not getting money from as much as they used to,least i feel like that has been the fuss more so then the event it self.

Now again im not on cop so i don't understand the full frustration you  all experience,an do try to keep an open mind with it,but at the same,i feel like no one calls out the people that need to be called out..This all seems like a internal APD Issue more so then the event being broke an needs to be fixed.(ASIDE FROM LOCK UP,that's broke af).

if there are like 10 cops on an a bank pops,try breaking up in 2 groups an move into separate chats,an the higher ups only use group chat when needed,an come from different places.Need new strats.

You dont always need to rush,slowing it down sometimes is the best approach.

On 7/4/2020 at 4:08 PM, Patheticflower said:

Personal opinion, changing the bounty payout limit from 175k to 1mil is an atrocious idea. Bounty boosting to a million then cashing out is a total possibility. It's feeding into an already broken economy system.

The admins watch logs and catch people doing this all of the time. I personally have been banned by Clint for boosting.

If you asked me, I'd say wipe the economy down to a certain point. It really says something when APD has people in custody and their friends fly in with orcas and sui vests, blowing themselves up with the orca. The orca and the sui vest alone is 140k just thrown out the window. No one has any regard to how much something costs because they have a ridiculous amount of money.

You're acting as if the admins never played before they were admins. 

Also, I feel that when the cop higher ups are interviewed, it doesn't represent the APD as a whole. Majority of the cop force are constables, who carry 6.5 rifles to go fight rebels carrying 7.62s and plate carriers. Constables didn't benefit from this update very much or even not at all. The only positive for constables that I see is that it's less likely to be pistol banger kidnapped.
there is a chain of command and Not a single person who is a higher up skipped being a constable. We all know how difficult it can be at times.
In short, Economy is broken and APD not fairly represented.
this server is rebel focused so your point is moot.
I read that changes to the Lockup are in the works, well I'd say that they need to be expedited. Not rushed, expedited. The lockup is an extremely frustrating experience for the APD. Also, I feel that some limitations need to be set in place for gangs. Unpopular opinion, I know. But when the APD is trying to defend something and the norm is anywhere from 4-6 rebel ifrits, again, with 7.62s and plate carriers attacking the objective, the balancing is not there. The APD is not a legitimate threat in most cases. The scale is heavily tipped in favor of the civ rebels/gangs. I have a lot of ideas regarding civ balancing if a community aide/mod/admin would like to reach out and like to listen. It's way too easy to overpower the APD as the server is right now.

Yea I don't even play anymore but this bothered the shit outta me.

I understand you're mad because you only play cop, but jesus dude. Get a grip.

On 7/5/2020 at 12:29 PM, Patheticflower said:

I would just like to point out that a certain unnamed gang used hunters over ifrits for the ability to stack them and only bring 2-3 as opposed to 7 ifrits and the cops cried and got them taken away. Give us siezable rebel hunters.

Moving bank is arguable to an extent but putting it in a town is 0/10.

On 7/2/2020 at 11:16 AM, Steve said:

I know many of you guys are upset about getting lethaled and no longer getting a pardon for it. I hear what you are saying, for basically the entirety of Asylums existence it has been the way it was. The upside that I see to it is that you will have a lot more stupid high bounties. I miss seeing people in gangs with 300k+ bounties on a daily basis. However what is hard to predict is the change this will have with the amount of cops using lethals. On one end you could argue that you will see a decrease in the lethals because they no longer get paid for it. On the other end its possible that you could see a massive increase in the use of lethals because the cops know that they can get another shot at that 900k bounty later on. I believe it will strongly depend on the higherup running the show at the time. I would hope that with this change that lethals are taken in a much more serious manner.

That would work if higher ups existed.  APD leadership is poop.

aqzx127 likes this

Me!

But for real, about a full server worth of people at peak hours typically, also depending on the day but since its quarantine, I don't really think the day matters as much for some people unless you're currently working or etc. Also a good amount of cops on daily, the number dwindles toward the night. Find myself spamming to get into the server because max players more often than I would like really.

Obviously, numbers have been decreasing but I still find asylum to be fun with the number of current players, not to say we shouldn't have more players but all you can do is improve the server as best as possible to make it appealing to incoming, current and even past players to hop on the server.
I personally think this server still has ways to go, as long as people are dedicated to working on the server and improving what we already have which is what they are doing, whether you think its the right or wrong way the number of players might increase back to tanoa days.

Also, there's some people on the forums that don't seem to play the server anymore but still seem to bash on everything that happens with asylum, if you don't have anything meaningful to add to the conversation then shut the fuck up and hop back on Olympus. (Constructive Criticism is a different story)

Issac and Exzelz like this

Cops complaining about rebels, what a news. This discussion (7.62 vs 6.5, carrier lite vs cop vest) has been here since day 0 of Asylum. Nowadays there's not many challenges that APD has to face and still freshies complaining makes me feel sad.
The solution to APD start winning is not based on equipement or federal events balance, it is a simple fact of combat skills and active APD officers. If we had more active high ranking officers, there wouldn't be a situation where 4 constables  and 2 cadets on full server has to deal with federal events on their own, but many high ranking officers nowadays are either partially active or just tired of the game and take some time off. If we had some potential in constable force to promote and have more active newcomers that would be a big change, but I honestly don't see many constables with leadership skills, half a brain and some fingers to get promoted, so in my honest opinion that is the main reason APD loose most events and bitch about lack of balance.
Back in the day when I had my ride-along as a fresh cadet I jumped in a channel, got asked few theoretical questions, we jumped in car, drove to Pyrgos, had one RP encounter with a civilian (about 5 minutes) and received backup call from meth lab. We ended up fighting BadBlood for 2 hours straight at meth lab and i got my constable tags. I don't rly have to mention there was like 12 cops online at that time (including high ranking officers who were decent players) and after 2 hours battle and many loadouts we lost the fight. So please stop bitching that you have to attend in 10-15 minutes bank robbery, federal events nowadays are really not that hard for APD.

Sp0on, aqzx127, Steve and 3 others like this
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2020 at 4:00 PM, ZRPH said:

@Jesse we are always looking for Developers to point in the right direction over at Olympus Entertainment, just come back to the better community.

This game is dead. No point. I've wasted enough time at both communities honestly.

On 7/25/2020 at 4:59 PM, minmax said:

@Jesse Why can't we pull flatbeds or box trucks out of garages? "is too large for this garage" I could always get both out just fine before.

Because when the server gets laggy or if someone has a patato PC they tend to blow up in the garage when created clientside. Plus, Asylum has always been this way IIRC. The goal is to get people to be pulling larger trucks by truck shops and public garages to increase run risk. I asked about this when I was working on V2 conversions. I was told to leave as is.

31 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Because when the server gets laggy or if someone has a patato PC they tend to blow up in the garage when created clientside. Plus, Asylum has always been this way IIRC. The goal is to get people to be pulling larger trucks by truck shops and public garages to increase run risk. I asked about this when I was working on V2 conversions. I was told to leave as is.

Wot, i have a 8700k and a 1080TI. I get more frames than an art gallery. 

Veezara and BlackShot like this
10 hours ago, Azeh said:

Someone made a bug report saying it was too big to drive out of the garage.

Well 'someone' is stupid, there are 2 ways of driving it out, 1 grab literally any gun and shoot out the back tires. 2 jump in it and try to drive it (it will kill you but it will also deflat the tires and you can always respawn after 30 seconds), after doing either one of these will leave the tires slightly deflated allowing you to drive it out. Another thing is you can't pull the flat bed out, which doesn't require either of these methods, it fits perfectly fine.

Edited by minmax