Changelog - June

18 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Added ability for Corporal+ to revoke BH License for remainder of server restart (See policy update from Captains for when to use)

Removed red zone from Skiptracer.

Removed bounty hunter shops within cities.

If you’re going to do all this shit at least make the MX legal again. Or the spar at bare minimum 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Not quite sure why you'd report this? As lethaling is the same... You simply don't get paid for it.

Yes but when a cop abuses lethal its not as a big of a deal since we kinda shrug it off saying well at least i got pardoned. And since we don't get pardoned then its time to always report them. So many times we start a bank or something and in the first wave cops just drive up and sit at first ATM to snipe and say well we couldn't reach you to restrain so...

But hey, you do you. We can always just remove your ability to create tickets if you become a nuisance on purpose.

Your right, it is your server and I am just a player that plays it. People have been blocked in the past and I've been blocked in the past when i report admin abuse so.. You do you i reckon. Like i said, i normally don't cut against a update like this but this one i did. 

2 hours ago, Rodrigo said:

This is not working fyi, big let down.

It is... have you tried going to an ATM and depositing some cash in your bank? This should trigger the "achievement" scan function to check if you have achievements. Once you do this it should grant you the achievement.

9 hours ago, K A Z E M said:

https://gyazo.com/6b23c361dfc5ddfe167f6452c440c3fa

Gang wars champion titles or achievement isnt working

See above. It does.

Rodrigo likes this
23 hours ago, ColtonB205 said:

With the change to lethals how does the APD handle people outside of HQ's at 1 minute to restart who refuse/unable to pay their ticket?

New APD policy allowing arrest from any location when within 2 minutes restart 🙂 Lethal Option removed from one minute to restart as a better option is now available.

19 hours ago, Jesse said:

It's fixed for next hotfix. Should be live in a few hours.

Hot Fix #1:

• Bounty Hunter license is now equal price as a Rebel License ($12,500)
  • Changed spelling of licence to license when purchasing
  • Reverted Revoke license change
  • Added ability for Corporal+ to revoke BH License for remainder of server restart (See policy update from Captains for when to use)
  • Fixed metal plate gathering in prison
  • Fixed blackjack tables
  • Fixed a script error for redgull

It is encouraging to see you listened to the community Jesse. Great change.

Edited by DS_Billy
Keneith and Jesse like this
On 6/26/2020 at 12:43 AM, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Added:

• Most recent gang wars winners given in-game title. Old winners removed.
  • Added autorun via custom action 5, supports swimming too.
  • Added group member names under hexes when the tilde key is pressed, last 5 seconds.
  • Added a 3rd Skiptracer north of Sofia, replacing the old bounty hunter shop.
  • Added olive legstrap backpack to rebel and regular clothing store.
    • Black added to Donor 10
    • Coyote added to Donor 9
  • Added air spawns to Athira and HW patrol HQs.
  • Added IR Laser to Rebel/Skiptracer & Cpl+.
  • Added a Check Mailbox scroll option on ATMs as alternative to !comp.
  • Medic "Partnership" system
    • Scroll on any medic to become a partner.
    • Wiping you partners will not wipe you from others, they'll still pay you if you wipe yours.
  • Added scopes to evidence lockup loot.
  • Added an additional toggle for earplug volume, toggling between full, your custom setting, and half of your custom setting.

Changed/Tweaked:

• Increased bounty arrest cap 175k to 1 million.
  • Moved shotguns to rebel only,  made both illegal and unable to cap cartels.
  • Having your bounty hunter license revoked will keep you from getting a new license until the next server session.  <-- See Hotfix #1
  • Changed bounty hunter jailing to only be allowed at Skiptracer/Prison, no longer possible inside cities and Therisa.
  • Renamed Skiptracer map markers to Bounty Hunter Base.
  • Checkpoint gates will now be open after a restart.
  • Added MXM to Evidence Lockup loot table.
  • Spike strip weight 10 -> 12
  • Ammo/Scope/Attachment prices will now be more consistent across Altis.
  • In 2019 we promised a permanent 15% reduction on Rebel weapons, We have made back-end changes that resulted in that 15% discount being removed and have instead reduced prices to compensate. In most cases you shouldn't notice a difference at all, if you find odd/clearly broken prices leave feedback! Intentional Base price reductions below.
    • P90 $8000 -> $6,000
    • LIM $35000 -> $30,000
    • MK 200 $30000 -> $25,000
  • Key ammo Price Changes
    • LIM Ammo $5000 -> $3000
    • MK 200 Ammo  $4000 -> $2500
  • APD MX-GL $6000 -> $3000
  • Medic revives will now pay 15% of the amount to all medics online (excluding yourself).
    • Reviving medic will get the other 85% - if you have partners that 85% is divided among your partners.
  • Giving too many items to a player will now let them know what you tried to give.
  • Ability to revive group members even if they don't hit "Allow Revive".
  • Katiba Added to UC Store for SGT+

Removed

• Removed lethal payouts and pardon.
  • Removed red zone from Skiptracer.
  • Removed bounty hunter shops within cities.
  • Removed police virtual item shop from inside Evidence Lockup.
  • Removed Kavala HQ dispatch desk.
  • Removed split medic groups.

Fixed:

• Fixed various exploit methods.
  • Fixed missing Swat garage at Air HQ.
  • Missing Donor 8 Van.
  • Fixed revoking permanent house keys.
  • Fixed map drawing exploit.

Hot Fix #1:

• Bounty Hunter license is now equal price as a Rebel License ($12,500)
  • Changed spelling of licence to license when purchasing
  • Reverted Revoke license change
  • Added ability for Corporal+ to revoke BH License for remainder of server restart (See policy update from Captains for when to use)
  • Fixed metal plate gathering in prison
  • Fixed blackjack tables
  • Fixed a script error for redgull

Hey the earplug thing was my idea!!! Can I have contributor?  

Alec-I and Midamaru like this
On 6/25/2020 at 7:45 PM, Patato said:

Learn some time management.

If you catch someone with not time before restart it doesn't matter if you're good at time management or not, there is no time before restart. Learn not to be stupid please.

21 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

Yes but when a cop abuses lethal its not as a big of a deal since we kinda shrug it off saying well at least i got pardoned. And since we don't get pardoned then its time to always report them. So many times we start a bank or something and in the first wave cops just drive up and sit at first ATM to snipe and say well we couldn't reach you to restrain so...

The purpose of lethals were to kill the threat not pardon them. When someone sits in a house and shoots people we lethal them so they cant be revived and continue to kill people (unless there more than 1 then you lethal both). We lethal bank roof and prison so its easier to push into the event and have a better chance of ending it with one person dead and another reviving, not to give them a pardon. Thats why lethals being a pardon was brought up in every APD meeting because people abused it too much. It gives incentive to keep going back to said event instead of the mindset "well he lost his bounty, im not going back".

DankBud and Bandit like this

What a horrible update. Moving bounty hunter shops outside cities and moving the turn in places outside cities. What were you guys honestly thinking? You literally just killed the one way new players make money. No one is ever going to use a shotgun again. Revoking your bounty hunter license for a restart is the dumbest fucking idea I have ever heard. Why don’t you also revoke a rebel license for a restart because It can be “abused” removing lethal pardons removes a whole aspect of the game that everyone enjoyed. No one wants to  always have to turn the self in/get arrested to lose a bounty. Cops are gonna have less of an incentive to use lethals at feds/banks because they get absolutely nothing for it. This will make the rebels extremely OP. I don’t think I have seen an update as bad as this one. This is just horrible.

Keneith likes this
6 hours ago, Connor1959 said:

What a horrible update. Moving bounty hunter shops outside cities and moving the turn in places outside cities. What were you guys honestly thinking? You literally just killed the one way new players make money. No one is ever going to use a shotgun again. Revoking your bounty hunter license for a restart is the dumbest fucking idea I have ever heard. Why don’t you also revoke a rebel license for a restart because It can be “abused” removing lethal pardons removes a whole aspect of the game that everyone enjoyed. No one wants to  always have to turn the self in/get arrested to lose a bounty. Cops are gonna have less of an incentive to use lethals at feds/banks because they get absolutely nothing for it. This will make the rebels extremely OP. I don’t think I have seen an update as bad as this one. This is just horrible.

The shotgun an bounty hunter thing is kinda meh.

But "Cops are gonna have less of an incentive to use lethals at feds/banks because they get absolutely nothing for it." That i hope is the point ,cops use lethals just to spite gangs/groups..Now when someone does go lethal an there was no need for it,then that cop can't hide behind some of the silly policies cops hide behind.There have been plenty of times myself an other gang members got a lethal when it wasn't needed.This also applies to first hand witnessing cops using them when it by far don't call for it.

Rebel will never be "OP",cops need to understand that its not meant to be easy..feel like cops just want a easy/lazy way to combat rebels.

Edited by DankBud
Maaqs likes this
1 hour ago, DankBud said:

But "Cops are gonna have less of an incentive to use lethals at feds/banks because they get absolutely nothing for it." That i hope is the point ,cops use lethals just to spite gangs/groups..Now when someone does go lethal an there was no need for it,then that cop can't hide behind some of the silly policies cops hide behind.There have been plenty of times myself an other gang members got a lethal when it wasn't needed.This also applies to first hand witnessing cops using them when it by far don't call for it.

Rebel will never be "OP",cops need to understand that its not meant to be easy..feel like cops just want a easy/lazy way to combat rebels.

Mx vs mk and were getting an easy way to fight rebels

8 hours ago, Connor1959 said:

Remember the goal while on cop is to catch the criminals. Not just kill them. Lethals are there for situation where the cops need to even the numbers or just can’t get to that person. I also think it might, just might promote more roleplay now that you can’t just get lethaled. You’re either going to have to work for that lowered ticket(starts at 50% if you turn yourself in) or just pay it off. I honestly think it’s a good change. But time will tell 

Bandit, DankBud and Fried Rice like this
47 minutes ago, Akeelagi said:

Remember the goal while on cop is to catch the criminals. Not just kill them. Lethals are there for situation where the cops need to even the numbers or just can’t get to that person. I also think it might, just might promote more roleplay now that you can’t just get lethaled. You’re either going to have to work for that lowered ticket(starts at 50% if you turn yourself in) or just pay it off. I honestly think it’s a good change. But time will tell 

Cops don't roleplay.  Let's stop pretending that they do.  Most of you suck now.  You guys see big bounty, let people spend time trying to tell their story and end then say "I don't believe you.  Here's your ticket." And leave the person better off turning themselves in at Courthouse and pressing plates.

Just now, Sheriff Rick said:

Cops don't roleplay.  Let's stop pretending that they do.  Most of you suck now.  You guys see big bounty, let people spend time trying to tell their story and end then say "I don't believe you.  Here's your ticket." And leave the person better off turning themselves in at Courthouse and pressing plates.

while i agree the roleplay could be better,  its a lite roleplay server lets not pretend its not. you sometimes get shafted and sometimes you can get some really cool guys to roleplay with. i dont play as much as i used to so when i do get on now i usually just pardon people. i don't personally care, now i cant speak for everyone but there are still some really good guys on the APD. im with you on i wish they would roleplay better but i also understand you can only hear "it was in self defence" or some stupid implausible story so many times before youre like "sure buddy". i think it has to come from both sides. i mean we've all been in the shoes of both parties and done and had done to us what you described.

Patato and DankBud like this
5 hours ago, Akeelagi said:

simp answer

Sheriff Rick likes this
20 hours ago, Niklaus said:

Mx vs mk and were getting an easy way to fight rebels

Mx isn't that bad tho,sometimes the cops act like the mx is a protector.

19 hours ago, Sheriff Rick said:

Yea this does happen..But its mainly to people who are aids to the cop while being processe/ deserve it or just straight up don't like the person/group(most times that happens is a higher up).....I have yet to see it that obvious in a while tbh.

Niklaus likes this
On 6/29/2020 at 4:13 PM, DankBud said:

Cops are shit as is, it’s nearly impossible to down three people on a roof and restrain them,.

I know many of you guys are upset about getting lethaled and no longer getting a pardon for it. I hear what you are saying, for basically the entirety of Asylums existence it has been the way it was. The upside that I see to it is that you will have a lot more stupid high bounties. I miss seeing people in gangs with 300k+ bounties on a daily basis. However what is hard to predict is the change this will have with the amount of cops using lethals. On one end you could argue that you will see a decrease in the lethals because they no longer get paid for it. On the other end its possible that you could see a massive increase in the use of lethals because the cops know that they can get another shot at that 900k bounty later on. I believe it will strongly depend on the higherup running the show at the time. I would hope that with this change that lethals are taken in a much more serious manner.

aqzx127, BlackShot, Sp0on and 7 others like this
36 minutes ago, Steve said:

I know many of you guys are upset about getting lethaled and no longer getting a pardon for it. I hear what you are saying, for basically the entirety of Asylums existence it has been the way it was. The upside that I see to it is that you will have a lot more stupid high bounties. I miss seeing people in gangs with 300k+ bounties on a daily basis. However what is hard to predict is the change this will have with the amount of cops using lethals. On one end you could argue that you will see a decrease in the lethals because they no longer get paid for it. On the other end its possible that you could see a massive increase in the use of lethals because the cops know that they can get another shot at that 900k bounty later on. I believe it will strongly depend on the higherup running the show at the time. I would hope that with this change that lethals are taken in a much more serious manner.

Meanwhile rodrigo is at 1.1mil+ bounty 

Steve, aqzx127, Rodrigo and 1 other like this
On 6/26/2020 at 2:47 AM, Jesse said:

If you "enjoy playing the server for the bounty hunter aspect" chances are you won't be getting caught doing some bad with the weapon then? If you do, then that's the consequence. Don't know what you want to hear lol.

Kind of harshly enforces people to be "good" when playing bounty hunter now though. Getting caught for whatever reason and losing your license for the rest of the session is just stupid. Shouldn't restrict part of the game because the police catch you. Just allow us to buy it again full price as soon as we want to. Bounty hunters are turning into a police faction without a guidebook. Oh but their primary weapon is still illegal right?

Space likes this
50 minutes ago, Defragments said:

Kind of harshly enforces people to be "good" when playing bounty hunter now though. Getting caught for whatever reason and losing your license for the rest of the session is just stupid. Shouldn't restrict part of the game because the police catch you. Just allow us to buy it again full price as soon as we want to. Bounty hunters are turning into a police faction without a guidebook. Oh but their primary weapon is still illegal right?

Police can only take your license away for the restart if you kidnapped a civ that is not your bounty or a police officer. If you're just bounty hunting then you don't have this issue. 

You can still choose to use it for kidnapping other people than your bounty, its just riskier to lose your license. Just try your best not getting caught. 

Edited by Midamaru
8 hours ago, Defragments said:

There are two options of having your license revoked? One allows you to just rebuy it. The other option is remainder of the restart. The remainder of the restart is if the bounty hunter has kidnapped an officer or civilian who is not their bounty. Even then it's Corp+ discretion.

8 hours ago, Defragments said:

is a mega 12,500 not that big of a deal tbh...swear you guys bitch just to bitch.

Personal opinion, changing the bounty payout limit from 175k to 1mil is an atrocious idea. Bounty boosting to a million then cashing out is a total possibility. It's feeding into an already broken economy system. If you asked me, I'd say wipe the economy down to a certain point. It really says something when APD has people in custody and their friends fly in with orcas and sui vests, blowing themselves up with the orca. The orca and the sui vest alone is 140k just thrown out the window. No one has any regard to how much something costs because they have a ridiculous amount of money. Also, I feel that when the cop higher ups are interviewed, it doesn't represent the APD as a whole. Majority of the cop force are constables, who carry 6.5 rifles to go fight rebels carrying 7.62s and plate carriers. Constables didn't benefit from this update very much or even not at all. The only positive for constables that I see is that it's less likely to be pistol banger kidnapped.

In short, Economy is broken and APD not fairly represented.

I read that changes to the Lockup are in the works, well I'd say that they need to be expedited. Not rushed, expedited. The lockup is an extremely frustrating experience for the APD. Also, I feel that some limitations need to be set in place for gangs. Unpopular opinion, I know. But when the APD is trying to defend something and the norm is anywhere from 4-6 rebel ifrits, again, with 7.62s and plate carriers attacking the objective, the balancing is not there. The APD is not a legitimate threat in most cases. The scale is heavily tipped in favor of the civ rebels/gangs. I have a lot of ideas regarding civ balancing if a community aide/mod/admin would like to reach out and like to listen. It's way too easy to overpower the APD as the server is right now.

6 hours ago, Patheticflower said:

It really says something when APD has people in custody and their friends fly in with orcas and sui vests, blowing themselves up with the orca. The orca and the sui vest alone is 140k just thrown out the window.

Not quite sure what the problem is here? That is how you get your gang members out of custody if they got a big bounty.Who care how much its gonna cost,whats the point of having the money if you don't use it? Don't get me wrong i know not all gangs/groups get to do this.

No one has any regard to how much something costs because they have a ridiculous amount of money.

Not true,alot of us in DS dont have heaps of money,only a couple people on the server have heaps,an they have that much cause they dont use it,they save it for what ever reason.Just a different play style i guess.

Also, I feel that when the cop higher ups are interviewed, it doesn't represent the APD as a whole. Majority of the cop force are constables, who carry 6.5 rifles to go fight rebels carrying 7.62s and plate carriers. Constables didn't benefit from this update very much or even not at all. The only positive for constables that I see is that it's less likely to be pistol banger kidnapped.

Rebels are meant to have better gear,The whole cops an robbers thing,an there fucking rebels they dont follow the law..(no disrespect here btw).

As for the higher-up on APD,I can agree with this because i dont play cop at all,to aids for me.(ego fest ect) but it does an has shown over the last couple years cop as gone down hill,i don't think its a game related balance issue,its a leadership issue imho,i was cadet for maybe a week less then that,the first day or 2 was just aids,no one took control,no one gave out orders/a plan to attack,it was just one big ego fest an people yelling over one another.Its just that simple.

Also, I feel that some limitations need to be set in place for gangs. Unpopular opinion, I know

What did you have in mind?

The APD is not a legitimate threat in most cases. The scale is heavily tipped in favor of the civ rebels/gangs.

I feel this is by design if im not mistaken? Rebels did "take over the island" an APD fight for it back kinda thing...or has that lost its "RP" value over the years?

Again to,this comes back to a leadership issue on cop..

Maaqs, Xavorey and Russell like this
7 hours ago, Patheticflower said:

Personal opinion, changing the bounty payout limit from 175k to 1mil is an atrocious idea. Bounty boosting to a million then cashing out is a total possibility. It's feeding into an already broken economy system. If you asked me, I'd say wipe the economy down to a certain point. It really says something when APD has people in custody and their friends fly in with orcas and sui vests, blowing themselves up with the orca. The orca and the sui vest alone is 140k just thrown out the window. No one has any regard to how much something costs because they have a ridiculous amount of money. Also, I feel that when the cop higher ups are interviewed, it doesn't represent the APD as a whole. Majority of the cop force are constables, who carry 6.5 rifles to go fight rebels carrying 7.62s and plate carriers. Constables didn't benefit from this update very much or even not at all. The only positive for constables that I see is that it's less likely to be pistol banger kidnapped.

In short, Economy is broken and APD not fairly represented.

I read that changes to the Lockup are in the works, well I'd say that they need to be expedited. Not rushed, expedited. The lockup is an extremely frustrating experience for the APD. Also, I feel that some limitations need to be set in place for gangs. Unpopular opinion, I know. But when the APD is trying to defend something and the norm is anywhere from 4-6 rebel ifrits, again, with 7.62s and plate carriers attacking the objective, the balancing is not there. The APD is not a legitimate threat in most cases. The scale is heavily tipped in favor of the civ rebels/gangs. I have a lot of ideas regarding civ balancing if a community aide/mod/admin would like to reach out and like to listen. It's way too easy to overpower the APD as the server is right now.

If my gang didn't at least try to vest me when I have a huge bounty I'd be mad as fuck lmao