What do you guys think about this new rule? I honestly don't even do federal reserves, but to me this just looks weird. Why do captains need to be able to do this? Was it because someone reported  a captain for it and now they need to legalize it? Pretty obnoxious if you ask me haha. 

Federal Gold bar Seizing

During federal reserve robberies Captains may now search and seize vehicles involved in the robbery regardless of combat occurring. This only applies to vehicles that have entered than left the federal reserve.

On 6/23/2020 at 9:45 AM, Mason said:

Me and Leady try and filter out as much as we can unless it needs to go to Mitch. This includes but is not limited to, being second opinions on admin/mod reports, promoting people to support staff and moderators. Working with the APD/AFD on policy updates to make sure nothing is game breaking

@Mason @Leady You're ok with this? 

1 hour ago, Midamaru said:

@Mason @Leady You're ok with this? 

Dawg, there's only ever like 2 Captains on at a time, if any. I promise it won't be that big of a deal. Besides, if I'm not mistaken, this was more of a backup plan the APD can use (again, only when a Captain is on) during a fed that's heavily stacked against us. I don't think giving that power to 2 people will make that big of a difference.

Bazzajack and Fried Rice like this
48 minutes ago, Patato said:

@Midamaru I mean its pretty blatant to me that they are flexing their rank. CM's made a new server rule to specifically stop them from doing something. Then they immediately side step it and as a "fuck you" to the CM's make a public post flexing the power they have. 

New Rule:

Idk about you but simply moving the gold bars to a different vehicle and then driving that vehicle basically just subverts the above rule, and is clearly not in the "Spirit" of how the game is meant to be played.

Yeah and combat seizing is not ok for the entire APD force but Captains are just like LUL we can do it tho! I just can't find any good reason for it.

1 hour ago, Bilbo Baggins said:

Dawg, there's only ever like 2 Captains on at a time, if any. I promise it won't be that big of a deal. Besides, if I'm not mistaken, this was more of a backup plan the APD can use (again, only when a Captain is on) during a fed that's heavily stacked against us. I don't think giving that power to 2 people will make that big of a difference.

So they add a rule that allows 2 captains to do something the entire APD isn't allowed to do, in a very rare occasion? I just don't get why they made the rule. I gotta agree with Patato, they just seem to be flexing or flicking a middle finger to CEO of fed because they reported a captain about doing this prior to it being allowed.

Edited by Midamaru
34 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

@Patato Lmao i just watched some of the videos in that thread storm made about the captains, i just lost all hope in them. Could you remove me from cop whitelist? Thanks

Just like bazzajack said my old friend Midamaru, they have always been able to do it. Nothing new

Not worth getting unwhitelisted because of it

Fried Rice likes this
13 minutes ago, Sjuol said:

Just like bazzajack said my old friend Midamaru, they have always been able to do it. Nothing new

Never seen it to this extend, you might have but for me this crosses a line. I just can't stand it when something unfair happens and none seems to take action to make it right. 

53 minutes ago, Sjuol said:

Durga done this before and caused a MASSIVE shit storm, and he was only a retired captain. Someone shot out a hemmit driver just as it left the fed, he ran up seized to a car and left while EVERYONE was still there. Shortly after, it was changed so that there needs to be an all clear to seized. @Rafael @DarkKnight It would make more sense if it was like a snatch and grab because they can be annoying as fuck but if its a full fed with hemmits etc then this should never be a thing. The risk for reward of feds now is not worth because it can be seized regardless of whats going on now.

ron the player, Midamaru and Sjuol like this
4 hours ago, Bilbo Baggins said:

It's always the retired captains which just say fuck it to the rules as they only come and play to fuck around since they couldn't care.

Policy updates means nothing Captains will do whatever they want anyways.

11 hours ago, Midamaru said:

What do you guys think about this new rule? I honestly don't even do federal reserves, but to me this just looks weird. Why do captains need to be able to do this? Was it because someone reported  a captain for it and now they need to legalize it? Pretty obnoxious if you ask me haha. 

Federal Gold bar Seizing

During federal reserve robberies Captains may now search and seize vehicles involved in the robbery regardless of combat occurring. This only applies to vehicles that have entered than left the federal reserve.

Really only going to be used in extreme circumstances I hope. As of recent the Federal reserves have been successful 100 percent of the time by CEO driving around 5-8 iffrits. I hope this is not going to be abused and used against small groups or gangs trying to break into end game content for the first time. It is also rare to see captains on at all times of the day and even if there will only be ever 1 really. It will be monitored and we will see how it goes. Also there is a 30 second timer now to seize and they are stuck in 1 spot unable to move. I would think there is quite a bit of counter play that can be done. Policies can always change as well if it is not something that will work out in the long run. 

Rafael, DankBud and DarkKnight like this
25 minutes ago, Mason said:

Really only going to be used in extreme circumstances I hope. As of recent the Federal reserves have been successful 100 percent of the time by CEO driving around 5-8 iffrits. I hope this is not going to be abused and used against small groups or gangs trying to break into end game content for the first time. It is also rare to see captains on at all times of the day and even if there will only be ever 1 really. It will be monitored and we will see how it goes. Also there is a 30 second timer now to seize and they are stuck in 1 spot unable to move. I would think there is quite a bit of counter play that can be done. Policies can always change as well if it is not something that will work out in the long run. 

It will be abused by captains without a doubt.  Their entire tactic will be to suicide run into a dome now with nitro and combat seize then drive the vehicle out.  Unless you have a way to prevent this or would take legitimate action against this kind of behavior its just going to be heavily abused.

Just now, Kituii said:

It will be abused by captains without a doubt.  Their entire tactic will be to suicide run into a dome now with nitro and combat seize then drive the vehicle out.  Unless you have a way to prevent this or would take legitimate action against this kind of behavior its just going to be heavily abused.

This only applies to vehicles that have entered than left the federal reserve.

To my understanding after talking with the captains it will only be for after vehicles have left the fed. Like I said it will be monitored. 

32 minutes ago, Mason said:

UNBLACKLIST the ppl who knows how to shoot then the fed will be an ez fight for the cops... APD swat leader "BLS zdeat"  alrdy something wrong there

Just now, K1NG said:

Maybe whitelist ppl who can shoot a gun?

The people that can have tried to get unblacklisted / points removed to play again and APD higher ups still refuse to budge on the grand majority even if they were 2 - 4 years ago.  That would also be something that a community manager could probably do but will never happen resulting in a continued horrible playstyle by the APD.  You could let good players be whitelisted on the APD, if they sell flashbangs then remove them and wipe the flashbangs.  Not hard.

@Mason your the community manager now maybe that should be something you should look into opening up, a mass unblacklisting of people who didnt blatantly do something retarded like sell 500 flashbangs would be a good idea and might increase the health of the APD instead of it being a clique of retards who can't shoot / play the game well who then bitch and moan about "OP" Groups because they can't play well and are unable to counter said groups in any fashion.  EVEN THOUGH they are easily the most powerful faction in the game hands down no contest.

Edited by Kituii

UN-blacklisting members is not my area. That's something you should talk to captains about. People do dumb stuff on the APD they get removed. All the good players do dumb stuff and get removed then that's on you guys. Not sure the APD wants to unblacklist "good" players for the sake of winning if its going to cause more headache watching you all 24/7 or deal with the reports or possibly re blacklisting people. But again not my area maybe you all can talk to the captains. 

Louie and Ethan Darrell like this
Just now, Mason said:

UN-blacklisting members is not my area. That's something you should talk to captains about. People do dumb stuff on the APD they get removed. All the good players do dumb stuff and get removed then that's on you guys. Not sure the APD wants to unblacklist "good" players for the sake of winning if its going to cause more headache watching you all 24/7 or deal with the reports or possibly re blacklisting people. But again not my area maybe you all can talk to the captains. 

trust me causes more headache seeing a cadet laying down in a bush 600m away with his protector

10 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

****APD Policy Update 6/27/2020****

Section F

Captains may overrule the Section F decision if they believe that the LT's are having a biased opinion. 

CANT STOP WONT STOP

XD

Edited by Zaka
Midamaru likes this
1 hour ago, Mason said:

So a gang risks a lot of money by pulling several illegal vehicles and succesfully does federal reserves in a row. They are simply winning.. nothing game breaking happening there. If the rule is really added to bring balance to the federal reserve event then it's useless having it just for the captains. Then i would say allow SGT+ to do it when they deem to be heavily outnumbered or something. To me it just really seems that the captains did something wrong against ceo of fed, got reported and apply a bandaid by making it legal for themselves.

All in all it's whatever, it won't bother me. What bothered me mostly was that i read the thread i linked in my original post from storm. Where i saw captains breaking rules, no action taken and then you were even doing the same thing (driving a tempest on cop) just to get closer to winning vs ceo of fed. Then i saw a video of a captain powertripping against salty connor, just yelling and removing ranks, moving him out of the channel for simply asking a logical question. 

That all added up just disgusts me about this situation. I'm sure this will end in a "Come talk on TS or submit a report and a lock on the thread" but as everyone in this thread already said: Captains are untouchable, power tripping and no matter what proof you have, who you talk to, they are simply untouchable. If i were in your shoes i would take a real critical look at what's said by everyone and think about what is the right thing to do.

ron the player likes this
Just now, Mason said:

I'm not locking the thread. I think you all have legitimate concerns. I think there are multiple areas of the APD that could use improvement. Unfortunately I do not have all the answers and I am not in control of the APD.

I know, however APD Policies are made in cooperations of a community manager. I think the latest changes regarding the federal reserve specifically for captains are wrong. My opinion is that you should let those be revoked, let captains go back to the drawing board and come up with suggestions to even the battlefield to their unbeatable enemy. Like you said captains are almost never there, so if ceo fed robbing the fed empty is an issue. Let others have power to deal with them. Eventhough they already have SWAT, spike strips, armored vehicles, helicopters ect themselfs. 

Just now, Mason said:

I'm not locking the thread. I think you all have legitimate concerns. I think there are multiple areas of the APD that could use improvement. Unfortunately I do not have all the answers and I am not in control of the APD.

i just think its stupid that captains can do what ever they want and dont give a fuck about what the ppl are saying about it

as CM its your job to fix it and not let the captains think they own this server cause it seems like it

Just now, Zaka said:

i just think its stupid that captains can do what ever they want and dont give a fuck about what the ppl are saying about it

as CM its your job to fix it and not let the captains think they own this server cause it seems like it

Exactly, i mean while we're on the topic. @Mason @Leady Explain how this could happen:

The CM's are there to make sure captains don't abuse their powers, yet when they get reported for something which is not allowed by their own rules. They can just decide to make it allowed and then they are not in the wrong? That's what people are upset about, this is simply unfair. Everyone on this server has had to deal with being banned, blacklisted, punished in some way because we break rules.

In the APD, the higher rank you go the less space you have to make any mistakes because you will lose your rank. Until you get to Captain, because the CM who is holding you accountable just lets you decice your own faith.

6308efd3e1605d9a5283d36f302a26a7-png.jpg

Infamous [FULL SEND] and Zaka like this
33 minutes ago, Bag Of Funyuns said:

Not a big deal in my opinion, they are literally captains and as long as they don’t target people, I don’t see a problem with it.

Problem is afaik is that they are specifically targeting CEO of fed, a group spamming feds due to the fact it is the only content left on the server, with these policy updates. Or at least thats what I can gather from the recent posts.

An ideal solution for this recent drama would be to have proper oversight positions. An example would be to make a Sheriff position, elected by the entire APD.

A position like this could have the following responsibilities and requirements.

Responsible for:

• Keeping the captains in check and reviews repercussions of policy updates (perhaps have a veto that can be overruled through going to mitch or something)
  • Handling section F's discretely, making sure votes remain anonymous so Lts are more confident about a lack of retaliation if a vote fails
  • Bringing forward rarely heard issues from the lower APD
  • Etc

Example qualifications

• Constable+ member of the APD who has been an active member for X amount of time
  • Been a community member for X amount of time
  • Relatively clean recent disciplinary history for X amount of time
  • Passes a proficiency test on the APD guidebook
  • Must not be a captain, senior medic or hold a staff position

Benefits of a position such as this could be automatic X rank (ingame obviously no voting or IA perms if applicable), a payout in cash/prestige maybe

And of course when I am at it equivalent civ rep positions would be great as well with regards to suggestions, updates, and changes on civ considering how badly received this patch was instead of the "development aids" who are afaik anonymous and not chosen at all by the community

Bag Of Funyuns likes this