I don't think this is about the Captains giving anyone the middle finger, and I don't think they're trying to flex any special powers. The way I see it, they wanted to add a backup plan the APD can use during feds that are heavily stacked against us. I know someone asked why not just give the power to SGT+ at their discretion, and frankly, I think that would have gone over far worse. Historically, people have not been a fan of SGTs and LTs getting additional powers against civs, and they certainly wouldn't like a power like combat seizing gold bars to be able to be used by ranks that are almost always on, and are arguably more likely to use it.

9 hours ago, Mason Statham said:

It's always the retired captains which just say fuck it to the rules as they only come and play to fuck around since they couldn't care.

Policy updates means nothing Captains will do whatever they want anyways.

I agree completely that retired captains tend to be the source of issues that arise the CPT based policies. However, I don't think this applies to all retired captains, and even with retired captains included, there is still only ever one to two people online that could possibly make use of this policy. I don't think that one or two cops with the power to combat seize gold from vehicles, only after they've left the fed will be that common or that big of an issue. But, that's just the opinion of a humble career cop.

ItsLego and Bag Of Funyuns like this

Burn it to the ground. 

My response is basically same as Masons. Our understanding is this is to be done very rarely and in extreme circumstances. Also :  *This only applies to vehicles that have entered than left the federal reserve. *  Should be "then" . On a serious note if this becomes a problem policy can be changed.

As to the OP's question of why, going to be blunt. CEO robs the fed multiple times a day, often with overwhelming numbers and armor. The APD has just about all the 'toys' we can give them. There are Dev things that can be done to limit the fed further (Longer cool downs, reduce gold spawned, raise number of cops, worse systems for civs to have to counter ect...) but that would no doubt hamper the smaller, newer groups looking to do a federal reserve robbery. This is why I personally am OK with this policy change, its a way for the APD to combat in this case, CEO without taking dev time and impacting the avg player. I've said it to the Devs and to the Cpts. I hate seeing and making changes because of 1 group but at the end of the day its to try to make some kind of economy balance.

*Prepares for the pitch forks*

Abu likes this
19 hours ago, Leady said:

Burn it to the ground. 

My response is basically same as Masons. Our understanding is this is to be done very rarely and in extreme circumstances. Also :  *This only applies to vehicles that have entered than left the federal reserve. *  Should be "then" . On a serious note if this becomes a problem policy can be changed.

As to the OP's question of why, going to be blunt. CEO robs the fed multiple times a day, often with overwhelming numbers and armor. The APD has just about all the 'toys' we can give them. There are Dev things that can be done to limit the fed further (Longer cool downs, reduce gold spawned, raise number of cops, worse systems for civs to have to counter ect...) but that would no doubt hamper the smaller, newer groups looking to do a federal reserve robbery. This is why I personally am OK with this policy change, its a way for the APD to combat in this case, CEO without taking dev time and impacting the avg player. I've said it to the Devs and to the Cpts. I hate seeing and making changes because of 1 group but at the end of the day its to try to make some kind of economy balance.

*Prepares for the pitch forks*

Actually a great explanation, i hated it because it seemed so obviously made to cover their own asses after being reported for it. However i appreciate that you have the best of the server in mind while dealing with your "problem". Thanks for the explanation. *pitchfork down*

On 6/27/2020 at 2:37 AM, Midamaru said:

What do you guys think about this new rule? I honestly don't even do federal reserves, but to me this just looks weird. Why do captains need to be able to do this? Was it because someone reported  a captain for it and now they need to legalize it? Pretty obnoxious if you ask me haha. 

Federal Gold bar Seizing

During federal reserve robberies Captains may now search and seize vehicles involved in the robbery regardless of combat occurring. This only applies to vehicles that have entered than left the federal reserve.

I love how Leady says APD officers driving vehicles from the FED is against server rules so the captains create to rule allowing combat seizing. The is in direct opposition of server rules. Then in exactly the fashion you would expect defends the stupid fucking rule by saying "nah bro its cool, the captains would never abuse it because its going to be rare"

Captains have been shitting on the rules for literally years, and everyone with the power to stop is just doesnt give a fuck.  Its honestly comical at this point.  Throw around some fancy words and sentences and people drink that shit up like coolaid. Im not sure if I should be impressed or disgusted at this point. 

Edited by HotWings
TRYHARD and Nightmare like this
1 hour ago, Solarmender said:

We are just fighting for the sake of the fight.

They make actual servers for that.  Its actually kind of sad when people people choose to dumpster kids on a life server instead of going to a server meant specifically for PVP.

On 7/1/2020 at 11:35 AM, Revenant said:

I paint balled my friend in an empty HQ 5 min til restart and then swerved in the road and a fat asian retard ran into a wall “because of me” and I got blacklisted by a retired captain. 

This is the most egregious act in the APD didnt you know?  Captains can run around RDM'ing people, combat seizing vehicles, all kinds of shit, but damned Billy if you joke around with a friend your APD career is over.

Revenant likes this