6-30-2020 - Evidence Lockup

Jesse

An update will go live in ~50 minutes that will disable the evidence lockup robbery. Due to continued and consistent starting and completion of this event and it's broken nature we've decided to temporarily disable it until we have it reworked. We are aiming to have it reworked and in with the quests update early July.

We also fixed undercover cops spawning with titles and having their swat level attached to them...

Thanks for understanding.

@Jesse Well, that's certainly one way to go about it. Rather than telling the cops to get good, and forcing them to improve, you cave once again and make them avoid their problem. I would suggest disabling every federal event for the time being as well. I think that we should keep with this theme of giving cops everything they want, so I'd propose removing all rifle variants from rebel as well. Rebels should only be allowed protest signs and shivs, that way the cops can have a fighting chance. 

Also way to remove content from an already content starved sever LOL. This sets a terrible example for the future of Asylum tbh. It shows that you clearly don't value gangs, only the APD. I guess it should be flattering that we closed the evidence because we clapped the cops too much, but its annoying as well. With you'r stupid federal event timers already existing (Having to wait 1.5 hours for fed to fill up and 1 hr if some retard elevates it w/ a smash) There's less incentive for people to play. The evidence isn't unbalanced or OP, the cops just suck. Perhaps you should disable the APD until they get their shit together. 

5 hours ago, • B A R K I N • said:

Also, I tried the "send to jail in 1 minute" thing you guys implemented and it did not work. I didn't even have the option. 

I'll take a look at it..

4 hours ago, Storm7 said:

now disable the fed

Nah, no reason to? The fed is fine as it is. The evidence lockup has not been very "hard" at all since day 1. It's not playing out the way that was intended at all. It's been said for a long time we'd like to see it be different. We can't just continue to let a ton of gear be farmed out of it with really no risk at all.

2 hours ago, Envy_ said:

@Jesse Well, that's certainly one way to go about it. Rather than telling the cops to get good, and forcing them to improve, you cave once again and make them avoid their problem. I would suggest disabling every federal event for the time being as well. I think that we should keep with this theme of giving cops everything they want, so I'd propose removing all rifle variants from rebel as well. Rebels should only be allowed protest signs and shivs, that way the cops can have a fighting chance. 

We're not disabling it due to the APD? We're disabling it to prevent the easy farming of gear out of it that we don't necessarily want to see flood the economy. We've wanted to rework it for quite a while now. We just haven't known how to go about it. As I've wanted to add virtual inventory as well to it, however, with it's current easily farmed state we can't. This once again has nothing to do regarding the APD... 

2 hours ago, Envy_ said:

Also way to remove content from an already content starved sever LOL. This sets a terrible example for the future of Asylum tbh. It shows that you clearly don't value gangs, only the APD. I guess it should be flattering that we closed the evidence because we clapped the cops too much, but its annoying as well. With you'r stupid federal event timers already existing (Having to wait 1.5 hours for fed to fill up and 1 hr if some retard elevates it w/ a smash) There's less incentive for people to play. The evidence isn't unbalanced or OP, the cops just suck. Perhaps you should disable the APD until they get their shit together. 

Not sure what additional "content" you think we should add for you... Lol. There really isn't a whole lot more varying "content" that can be added. Maybe you want to be constructive and suggest this "content" you feel we should add. And once again... not a single APD member has even talked to me about the evidence lockup? So idk what else to tell you bro.

3 hours ago, Blueguin said:

Nothing new. Everytime we innovate new strategies for these events in order to stay on top, its "Officially the most broken thing". How will CEO manage now that we cannot get free Katibas and MXMs until early July???

As I said above. The evidence lockup hasn't been very well balanced from the start? People would just immediately cram stuff in to their house when it was first out. People with a house right outside and such... Not sure why you think it's about CEO?

49 minutes ago, Bag Of Funyuns said:

holy shit bud, you're not gonna fucking die for not having evidence lockup for at most 15 days

We're just starving the server of content... 

10 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I'll take a look at it..

Nah, no reason to? The fed is fine as it is. The evidence lockup has not been very "hard" at all since day 1. It's not playing out the way that was intended at all. It's been said for a long time we'd like to see it be different. We can't just continue to let a ton of gear be farmed out of it with really no risk at all.

We're not disabling it due to the APD? We're disabling it to prevent the easy farming of gear out of it that we don't necessarily want to see flood the economy. We've wanted to rework it for quite a while now. We just haven't known how to go about it. As I've wanted to add virtual inventory as well to it, however, with it's current easily farmed state we can't. This once again has nothing to do regarding the APD... 

Not sure what additional "content" you think we should add for you... Lol. There really isn't a whole lot more varying "content" that can be added. Maybe you want to be constructive and suggest this "content" you feel we should add. And once again... not a single APD member has even talked to me about the evidence lockup? So idk what else to tell you bro.

As I said above. The evidence lockup hasn't been very well balanced from the start? People would just immediately cram stuff in to their house when it was first out. People with a house right outside and such... Not sure why you think it's about CEO?

We're just starving the server of content... 

"We're disabling this because it's too easy and you guys are winning too much". Wouldn't you say this has everything to do with the APD LOL. And as far as suggesting content, ask @Gen. Henry Arnold, we suggested a whole bunch of shit and nothing got added. Simply removing the event isn't a good solution, it's just taking you ball and going home because you don't like the outcome. The cops can't win an event so you disable it, it's not the events fault, it's the cops for not using any strategy. Ask the 1-2 cops who have brains how easy the evidence lockup is to hold. But nah we should disable another event lol. You should at least make an attempt to play the server you dev for dude, instead of making shitty change after shitty change.

Just now, Envy_ said:

"We're disabling this because it's too easy and you guys are winning too much". Wouldn't you say this has everything to do with the APD LOL. And as far as suggesting content, ask @Gen. Henry Arnold, we suggested a whole bunch of shit and nothing got added. Simply removing the event isn't a good solution, it's just taking you ball and going home because you don't like the outcome. The cops can't win an event so you disable it, it's not the events fault, it's the cops for not using any strategy. Ask the 1-2 cops who have brains how easy the evidence lockup is to hold. But nah we should disable another event lol. You should at least make an attempt to play the server you dev for dude, instead of making shitty change after shitty change.

Its hard to defend a compound from which the rebels can drive a ifrit into before we are even prepared / have them shoot from one of the multiple hills

Just now, Envy_ said:

Here I'll ask him. @Gen. Henry Arnold what is the whole bunch of shit they suggested be added?

We didn't remove the event? It'll be back? I'm not gonna bother playing the server. I can just leave if you feel that I should be required to play the server lol... I 9k hours in Arma. At least 2k hours spend actually playing Asylum back in the day. I'm not a fan of how the APD on the server is ran. I'm also not a fan of the general rules regarding how some things are played on the server. I had my fun on Arma. I'm not going back to playing. You really won't get any content then if you feel we should all be playing lol...

Samus_Aran likes this

the rebels get downed every 18 secs for 6 secs. If you cant kill a guy who literally goes down every 18 secs and cant play, that's more of a you problem than a server one. or wait i know, crazy idea... you guys actually use swat and push all together! crazy i know

Just now, Jesse said:

Here I'll ask him. @Gen. Henry Arnold what is the whole bunch of shit they suggested be added?

We didn't remove the event? It'll be back? I'm not gonna bother playing the server. I can just leave if you feel that I should be required to play the server lol... I 9k hours in Arma. At least 2k hours spend actually playing Asylum back in the day. I'm not a fan of how the APD on the server is ran. I'm also not a fan of the general rules regarding how some things are played on the server. I had my fun on Arma. I'm not going back to playing. You really won't get any content then if you feel we should all be playing lol...

This is the most bonehead response I've ever seen. You're literally taking your ball and going home because you can't take criticism. Like dude, I'm asking you to play the server so you understand how things are actually going before you make changes, I don't think that's an unreasonable thing to ask tbh. I'm not asking you to play for 20 hours a day every day dude, I'm just saying you should have some time on CIV/COP per month to see how these changes are impacting the community. The biggest problems with gaming servers/communities is when the administration starts to lose touch with their player base, and here I am trying to keep you in touch. But I mean, you can just threaten to leave too if that's how you feel man, idk. 

Samus_Aran and Kituii like this
5 hours ago, Storm7 said:

Mission success

now disable the fed

+1

Just now, Patato said:

Out of curiosity what exactly do you expect Jesse to do here. He looks at the logs and see's that evidence is never being won by the cops. Would you rather him just nerf the loot table into the ground so its not worth it to do anymore. Or actually try to work out some of the issues with it. The guy isn't a captain he can't make constables good at the game.

You know as server owners / administrators you could force the fucking APD higher ups to let the good players play the fucking opposite faction after multi-year appeals.  Im not talking about me either.  Not like the same captain has been AFK on the apd for 3 fucking years or anything.  its an APD leadership issue not a balance issue.

3 minutes ago, Nicolas March said:

Its hard to defend a compound from which the rebels can drive a ifrit into before we are even prepared / have them shoot from one of the multiple hills

takes 30 seconds to prepare if not less.

Just now, Patato said:

Out of curiosity what exactly do you expect Jesse to do here. He looks at the logs and see's that evidence is never being won by the cops. Would you rather him just nerf the loot table into the ground so its not worth it to do anymore. Or actually try to work out some of the issues with it. The guy isn't a captain he can't make constables good at the game.

I'd like him to talk with the APD to see WHY they're losing every event, before simply removing it. If the logs show that the vast majority of civs aren't paying tickets, will tickets get removed? Evidence should stay enabled to serve as a constant reminder of the complete failure of APD higher ups, so that maybe... maybe.. someone with a brain will come up with a way to inspire change from within the APD. By doing this, you're just letting them off the hook for sucking which never inspires them to get better. It just shows "Hey, if we really suck so hard the admins will just remove the event so we don't have to learn!" 

Kituii likes this
Just now, Envy_ said:

I'd like him to talk with the APD to see WHY they're losing every event, before simply removing it. If the logs show that the vast majority of civs aren't paying tickets, will tickets get removed? Evidence should stay enabled to serve as a constant reminder of the complete failure of APD higher ups, so that maybe... maybe.. someone with a brain will come up with a way to inspire change from within the APD. By doing this, you're just letting them off the hook for sucking which never inspires them to get better. It just shows "Hey, if we really suck so hard the admins will just remove the event so we don't have to learn!" 

Once again? We're not removing it... We're reworking it...  It'll be back before the end of July lol.. You'll be okay... lol

Just now, Patato said:

I think you should require Jesse to play more because even tho he spent 2k hours on Asylum was just on the "Select a spawn" screen.

Just now, Envy_ said:

once again, not solving the problem just coping with it. 

the problem is APD leadership, evidence is kinda a shit design and you know that.  wouldnt need to get removed if you didnt have an AFK captain that gives 0 fucks holding a position that oversee's the entire faction.  3 years seems like quite a bit.  When you afk out maybe its time to be removed / demoted and let somebody else take the wheel.

Samus_Aran and Sheriff Rick like this
3 minutes ago, Ignis said:

I think you should require Jesse to play more because even tho he spent 2k hours on Asylum was just on the "Select a spawn" screen.

I might be wrong, but he does more for the community than the ones who actually do play. If not, better work.

1 minute ago, Envy_ said:

once again, not solving the problem just coping with it. 

Henry made it bud, obviously it's going to need a rework.