Regulate Storing People in Houses

Being stored in a house with no desire to further RP or anything else should be banned or regulated in my opinion.

I'm talking about the storing of people in a house and then just leaving them there for the entire duration, and them having to kill themselves in order to leave once the ties come off.  It's a complete drag on gameplay and overpowered since houses are so secure.

30 minutes ago, Barry the Pilot said:

Being stored in a house with no desire to further RP or anything else should be banned or regulated in my opinion.

I'm talking about the storing of people in a house and then just leaving them there for the entire duration, and them having to kill themselves in order to leave once the ties come off.  It's a complete drag on gameplay and overpowered since houses are so secure.

yea,at least for the ones that dont want to RP or least create some sort of dialogue.

To enforce its,just like everything else record it an report it i guess.

Barry the Pilot likes this
53 minutes ago, Barry the Pilot said:

+1

Definitly a no from me. Imagine you're kidnapping people and putting them in a house. You call the police to set your demands for their release. However at that moment someone is shooting at you and you run off. The situation is unsafe for the kidnapper to return to and decides to leave. Kidnapper doesn't deserve a ban in my eyes, you can disconnect after being in restrains for 10mins without punishment.

Another situation is where i would personaly make use of detaining someone in a house for 10mins. Let's say a person has been constantly harrasing people, vdming or simply being a dick. I would want to stop that person and "punish" him, by leaving him in a house for 10mins. In my eyes that shouldn't be bannable either.

Even if you make it bannable to leave someone in restrains without RP, someone who intends on doing it will then just give you the bare minimum and leave you again so he can't be banned.

However if you run into someone who is consistantly kidnapping you and placing you in a house for the full 10minutes and ruins your gameplay. I would say report him for his behaviour and submit a lot of proof to prove your point. But in general i don't think kidnapping and leaving someone should be bannable.

Barry the Pilot and Uri Orlov like this
14 hours ago, Midamaru said:

Definitly a no from me. Imagine you're kidnapping people and putting them in a house. You call the police to set your demands for their release. However at that moment someone is shooting at you and you run off. The situation is unsafe for the kidnapper to return to and decides to leave. Kidnapper doesn't deserve a ban in my eyes, you can disconnect after being in restrains for 10mins without punishment.

Another situation is where i would personaly make use of detaining someone in a house for 10mins. Let's say a person has been constantly harrasing people, vdming or simply being a dick. I would want to stop that person and "punish" him, by leaving him in a house for 10mins. In my eyes that shouldn't be bannable either.

Even if you make it bannable to leave someone in restrains without RP, someone who intends on doing it will then just give you the bare minimum and leave you again so he can't be banned.

However if you run into someone who is consistantly kidnapping you and placing you in a house for the full 10minutes and ruins your gameplay. I would say report him for his behaviour and submit a lot of proof to prove your point. But in general i don't think kidnapping and leaving someone should be bannable.

"Definitly a no from me. Imagine you're kidnapping people and putting them in a house. You call the police to set your demands for their release. However at that moment someone is shooting at you and you run off. The situation is unsafe for the kidnapper to return to and decides to leave. Kidnapper doesn't deserve a ban in my eyes, you can disconnect after being in restrains for 10mins without punishment."

In this situation, you have a person restrained in your house, the doors are locked and you cannot/do not return to the house.  Once the restraints wear off and they have to disconnect from the server or kill themselves, you should be held accountable.  The player(s) that have been kidnapped either have to kill themselves or stop playing the server because you abandoned them. (I've repeatedly disconnected after the restraints wear off and reconnected, still stuck in the house.)

"Another situation is where i would personaly make use of detaining someone in a house for 10mins. Let's say a person has been constantly harrasing people, vdming or simply being a dick. I would want to stop that person and "punish" him, by leaving him in a house for 10mins. In my eyes that shouldn't be bannable either."

You have so many options to actually enjoy the game, or even just report them at that point.  If you have them in restraints already, why not play around with them or taunt them more, publicly shame them, etc?  There are so many ways to actually engage with people other than just disabling them from doing anything with their game time.

"Even if you make it bannable to leave someone in restrains without RP, someone who intends on doing it will then just give you the bare minimum and leave you again so he can't be banned."

That's actually a good point, and a gray area.  But it can be covered somehow I'm sure.

At the end of the day, the way I see it, house storing and abandoning completely obliterates a lot of potential fun.

I want to emphasize that I'm not against just restraining people inside a house , but instead storing and abandoning with no further intention of RP or gameplay with the stored user, just putting them inside the house and leaving, and/or keeping them locked inside the house once the restraints wear off.  Possibly a limit on re-downing and re-storing consecutively in the same life as well.   I've actually enjoyed a couple Bamboo Union house parties.