VDM Rule Clarification

VDM rule clearly states the following: https://gyazo.com/c63e9a755715fa459dbc780b57df037e

This needs to be clarified, in my opinion. As of lately, there has been a blatant bypass of this rule. Gangs are sling-loading hatchbacks with speedbombs attached to them under hellcats. They are then taking the hellcat, and lining up a run on police HQs and dropping them. As the unmanned hatchback hits the ground, or the wall, or the tree, it explodes. Clearly in the rules it states that "bombing" with helicopters is not allowed. How can this be acceptable? This is pretty much definition of "bombing". I know the argument can be made that they could just drive the hatchback into HQ and cause the same damage, but thats not quite the case. If they have to make a turn into an HQ, they have to slow below the threshold and explode. Also, when a speedbomb is driven, APD has a chance to disable the driver before the vehicle reaches them. That's not the case with the hellcat. This gives APD no chance of defense. As I stated above, it is text book "bombing". Too many disadvantages. In short, it's using a vehicle as on offensive weapon.

Edited by Patheticflower
To Improve
50 minutes ago, Farmer Steve said:

Why ruin the fun? They’re basically nerfed to shit as is anyway, as well as the price being so damn high I don’t see it being much of a problem.

Speedbombs are op. u need no initiation and u cannot stop a hatch coming in a 200+kmph. The fact that u can blow up a tempest with 750k worth of bars for 80k and u dont even need initiation is retarded. 

Midamaru likes this
2 hours ago, Midamaru said:

Using a speedbomb to bomb something is allowed. Using a vehicle as bomb, by just smacking vehicle against vehicle is not. But if you want this changed so that speedbombs are not allowed to be slingloaded, go ahead.

1 hour ago, Black_Jesus said:

Speedbombs are op. u need no initiation and u cannot stop a hatch coming in a 200+kmph. The fact that u can blow up a tempest with 750k worth of bars for 80k and u dont even need initiation is retarded. 

The issue is not the speedbomb itself. The issue is method of delivery. Dropping a sling loaded vehicle from a helicopter to intentionally kill a player or cause destruction by "bombing" them is also considered VDM and is not allowed. Whether or not there is a speedbomb, dropping a vehicle from a slingload, you are intending to cause destruction and kill people.

Just now, Patheticflower said:

The issue is not the speedbomb itself. The issue is method of delivery. Dropping a sling loaded vehicle from a helicopter to intentionally kill a player or cause destruction by "bombing" them is also considered VDM and is not allowed. Whether or not there is a speedbomb, dropping a vehicle from a slingload, you are intending to cause destruction and kill people.

Its very hard to hit them with accuracy tho. Have u ever tried?

4 hours ago, Black_Jesus said:

The fact that you continuously rob federal reserve and get 750k worth of gold bars pretty easily is retarded.

4 hours ago, Patheticflower said:

You're misinterpreting it, using a slingloaded car with speedbomb is currently allowed. Let me break it down for you.

Dropping a sling loaded vehicle from a helicopter to intentionally kill a player or cause destruction by "bombing" them is also considered VDM and is not allowed.

Not allowed:
Bombing is refering to dropping a slingloaded vehicle from a helicopter to damage/destroy a vehicle or kill a player. In this example, the slingloaded vehicle is doing the damage to the player/vehicle. This is NOT allowed, and is considered VDM.

Allowed:
Attaching a bomb to a car, slingloading it with a helicopter into the proximity of a player/vehicle to kill or damage them. In this example, the explosion of the speedbomb is doing the damage to the player/vehicle. This is allowed and NOT considered VDM.

If you are looking for clarification then the staff can add this to the rule clarification thread. However i think you are trying to make a suggestion to not allow speedbombs to be attached to cars which are then slingloaded into detonation. I think the developers could even disable that, but i think you would have to rephrase your thread to make that clear for them.

Edited by Midamaru
Veezara likes this
6 hours ago, Patheticflower said:

The intent of both scenarios you are referring to is essentially the same. You are slingloading a vehicle to intentionally kill/cause destruction with said vehicle. As stated before, I dont know how much closer to the definition you can get. It's in quotations, "bombing" is not allowed.

Damn i guess you are wearing a tin foil hat that prevents me from changing your mind. Meanwhile, the rest of the server will be allowed to bomb people with a speedBOMB. 

Chris Peacock, bigjohn561 and Danny like this
14 hours ago, Midamaru said:

Damn i guess you are wearing a tin foil hat that prevents me from changing your mind. Meanwhile, the rest of the server will be allowed to bomb people with a speedBOMB. 

So just to be clear, the rule states "no bombing with a sling" and you're somehow trying to justify it by saying its a speedbomb? You understand that by calling it a bomb and also admitting that you are dropping it from a sling that you are essentially saying its against the rules right? 

On a real note, it should 100% be against the rules to drop a literal bomb on anyone without initiation. 

3 minutes ago, HotWings said:

So just to be clear, the rule states "no bombing with a sling" and you're somehow trying to justify it by saying its a speedbomb? You understand that by calling it a bomb and also admitting that you are dropping it from a sling that you are essentially saying its against the rules right? 

On a real note, it should 100% be against the rules to drop a literal bomb on anyone without initiation. 

I guess it really needs some clarification because thats how i see it. From my experience players that i know have been doing this all the time and have not been banned for it. So like i said, they probably mean it in the way i explained it. I'm not trying to justify anything. I never even used it myself, nor would i be against disabling it or making it bannable.

@Mason *Poke* do your CM thing

Edited by Midamaru

Okay let’s clear this up. It’s vdm if u drop a car on somebody that doesn’t have a bomb on it. This is because when u drop the carbomb u have no way of knowing if the car hit u or near u because if it hits near u and u die due to the explosion it was because of the bomb which is fine. Now if it landed on top of u I still don’t think it should be vdm because u could make the same claim if a car hit the side of yours before it blew up from the bomb. It’s confusing but I don’t think it should be considered vdm

On 7/8/2020 at 10:09 PM, Black_Jesus said:

Okay let’s clear this up. It’s vdm if u drop a car on somebody that doesn’t have a bomb on it. This is because when u drop the carbomb u have no way of knowing if the car hit u or near u because if it hits near u and u die due to the explosion it was because of the bomb which is fine. Now if it landed on top of u I still don’t think it should be vdm because u could make the same claim if a car hit the side of yours before it blew up from the bomb. It’s confusing but I don’t think it should be considered vdm

Where in the rule does it say "attaching a speed bomb to the car makes it ok" just wondering.

Edited by HotWings
23 hours ago, HotWings said:

Except the rules clearly state its not.... Soooo there is that. 

I dont see anywhere that its against the rules to drop a car with a speedbomb on a player. Their interpretation of VDM is using the Vehicle itself as an offensive weapon. In the case with the speedbomb, the bomb is doing the action of killing, the vehicle is just a delivery device. I dont think theres anything different from driving it or dropping it, because the car isnt being destroyed or killing anyone else, its the speedbomb. 

Chris Peacock and Midamaru like this

lol so putting a speedbomb on a car is now a issue with players?

some people take this game to serious man,lighten up a bit called having fun.

If the car or w/e has the speedbomb on it an it goes booms,then its not VDM....if your using just the car itself then it is....Plus when ever we did it,we knew the risk with the small chance it may not work,thus is what comp is for.......so idk what the issue is.

2 hours ago, •ÐŠ• Randy said:

Not even divided, just a few salty kids that don't like speedbombs. The rule is pretty clear. 

The rule is clear moron, don't drop cars as bombs using slings.  The doesn't say "if you put a speed bomb on it, its ok to drop cars using slings" now does it?  Its still dropping a fucking car using a fucking sling.  The action is still the same, the result is still the same. Adding the speed bomb hardly changes the outcome of the car exploding because its being thrown from a sling. I swear to god the autism is real.  If they wanted you to use armed helis and planes they would arm the helis and planes wouldn't they?

Using a sling loaded hatchback with speed bombs isn’t against the rules 

For instance if you drop a hatchback and it spangles them before it blows up, I’d consider it VDM as it is against the bombing rule, but if you drop a hatchback next to someone and it lands then blows up because of a speed bomb then it’s clearly not VDM

It’s a firmly in the gray area kinda thing 

And at the end of the day if they want to spend that much on a speed bomb + lose a vehicle I’m probably not going to be that harsh on it 

1 hour ago, •ÐŠ• Randy said:

@HomeTrlx @Mitch (IFRIT) @Ethan Darrell @Leady can we pls just get an answer so you can show @HotWings

On 7/7/2020 at 4:12 PM, Midamaru said:

You're misinterpreting it, using a slingloaded car with speedbomb is currently allowed. Let me break it down for you.

Dropping a sling loaded vehicle from a helicopter to intentionally kill a player or cause destruction by "bombing" them is also considered VDM and is not allowed.

Not allowed:
Bombing is refering to dropping a slingloaded vehicle from a helicopter to damage/destroy a vehicle or kill a player. In this example, the slingloaded vehicle is doing the damage to the player/vehicle. This is NOT allowed, and is considered VDM.

Allowed:
Attaching a bomb to a car, slingloading it with a helicopter into the proximity of a player/vehicle to kill or damage them. In this example, the explosion of the speedbomb is doing the damage to the player/vehicle. This is allowed and NOT considered VDM.

This is pretty much spot on

Midamaru and Shaq Daddy like this
2 hours ago, HotWings said:

The rule is clear moron, don't drop cars as bombs using slings.  The doesn't say "if you put a speed bomb on it, its ok to drop cars using slings" now does it?  Its still dropping a fucking car using a fucking sling.  The action is still the same, the result is still the same. Adding the speed bomb hardly changes the outcome of the car exploding because its being thrown from a sling. I swear to god the autism is real.  If they wanted you to use armed helis and planes they would arm the helis and planes wouldn't they?

683ab51cedc49e7aaeb8316bd4b26b54.png

10/10

44 minutes ago, •ÐŠ• Randy said:

Hey retard looks like you're wrong, now can you please get off the forums of a game you dont even play. 

"Its VDM if it hits them then blows up" Glad you got your autistic gang mates to back you up lmao.

43 minutes ago, Chow Mein said:

He will make an excuse on why hes right and why everyone else is always wrong and autistic.

Bro, I dont know many people who dont think youre the most retarded person on the servers. Id honesty never talk if I were you.

On 7/19/2020 at 7:29 PM, •ÐŠ• Randy said:

I dont see anywhere that its against the rules to drop a car with a speedbomb on a player. Their interpretation of VDM is using the Vehicle itself as an offensive weapon. In the case with the speedbomb, the bomb is doing the action of killing, the vehicle is just a delivery device. I dont think theres anything different from driving it or dropping it, because the car isnt being destroyed or killing anyone else, its the speedbomb. 

There is actually a large difference between driving a car into a crowd and dropping a car from one click up. I can totally see a car driving up and failing to move could be seen as my fault, I however may not see a car falling from the sky if the pilot flew over from behind from a click up making it a total unknown which is why dropping a vehicle from a sling as a weapon is against the rules.

Ultimately it doesnt matter, because anyways because no one takes anything that happens here seriously anyways.  This server has turned into a cesspool of shit long ago and people will look for any reason to be a shitlord, so this being the new shitlord thing to do is nothing new. 

Edited by HotWings
18 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Bro, I dont know many people who dont think youre the most retarded person on the servers. Id honesty never talk if I were you.

Considering how all the people you know dont play anymore I find that incorrect, also seeing as almost everyone who quotes you or talks about you calls you stupid I think you have some narcissistic traits and should consider going to therapy.