Prison Break Update

Since it takes less time to get out of prison pressing plates than it does to do a prison break, maybe bring it back to when you kept your bounty if you get broken out of prison, gives a new reason for rebels to do a prison break, to keep the records going to who can get the highest bounty. At the same time its a win/win for cops, means they get another paycheck if they can arrest them again

Walt, Shepurd, Darklom and 11 others like this
31 minutes ago, Vortex said:

Since it takes less time to get out of prison pressing plates than it does to do a prison break, maybe bring it back to when you kept your bounty if you get broken out of prison, gives a new reason for rebels to do a prison break, to keep the records going to who can get the highest bounty. At the same time its a win/win for cops, means they get another paycheck if they can arrest them again

I like the idea of doing something to prison to bring a reason to do that other than just bunker yourself inside and kill cops trying to push it. Now prison break is just a thing to force APD to fight for a few minutes until they give up throwing 2 lives - rebels have no real outcome of the event. You hardly ever see cops giving up after 2 waves at fed, 'cause they know if APD gives up rebels will have gold for free.

Keeping in mind what I said above and think about this: is keeping your bounty a reason for cops to care about prison break? Or actually APD will more likely sabotage the fight and be more happy to loose it so they can get another paycheck from the guy who got out? Don't know about that, but keeping your bounty is the only real reason I see to do the prison break apart of just pointless shooting each other. On the other hand prison break against large group of rebels is very dificult for APD to win, so if prisoner who escaped keeps his bounty that would be an opportunity for cops to receive reward for the fight.

Other idea would be that if you exceed X $ bounty you get max prison time with no ability to press plates - that would be a reason for gangs to break their friends out so they won't waste 45 minutes of afk gameplay. - I don't really like this idea but just throwing it out there, that's another reason to do a prison break.

Vortex, Russell and Veezara like this
1 hour ago, ron the player said:

APD will never respond to prison because if they stop it then they won't get the bounties again. -1

If there's any way for APD to piss off rebels, they're gonna do it. If they know you want to keep your bounty theyll 1000% show up to stop you

zdeat likes this
13 hours ago, Vortex said:

i have said this for a couple years too,makes no sense to get broken out of jail just to have the bounty gone,or just the 10k charge,keep that shit going...imo gives that competitive nature within the group(s) to keep it going.Since they took out lethal pardons,id be fine with cops getting paid more for there efforts if they catch you.

12 hours ago, Danny said:

Other idea would be that if you exceed X $ bounty you get max prison time with no ability to press plates - that would be a reason for gangs to break their friends out so they won't waste 45 minutes of afk gameplay. - I don't really like this idea but just throwing it out there, that's another reason to do a prison break.

Delete this, delete it now! 

efd.jpg

Danny likes this

I'm confident that they will never let you keep your bounty after being broken out in jail. You can abuse that shit so hard to make money.

Example  
@Vortex spends a few days killing fresh spawns and gets his bounty up to 1million. He then gets arrested by a bounty hunter who profits 1mil from it. Vortex his gang breaks him out and keep his bounty 1mil. He gets arrested again by another bounty hunter and yet again broken out by his gang. Is there something funny going on? Are the bounty hunters friends with him or is he selling his bounty?

Staff would have to invest a lot of time into investigating and proving that these people know eachother to remove the money and ban people. If staff wouldn't be able to do this, then the entire server can easily print money.. it's really similair to duping.

All it takes is a succesful prisonbreak, which are easy to do when there are 10 cops on. Imagine doing it with only 3 cops on.. Just too much space for abuse. 

Edited by Midamaru
2 hours ago, Midamaru said:

I'm confident that they will never let you keep your bounty after being broken out in jail. You can abuse that shit so hard to make money.

Example  
@Vortex spends a few days killing fresh spawns and gets his bounty up to 1million. He then gets arrested by a bounty hunter who profits 1mil from it. Vortex his gang breaks him out and keep his bounty 1mil. He gets arrested again by another bounty hunter and yet again broken out by his gang. Is there something funny going on? Are the bounty hunters friends with him or is he selling his bounty?

Staff would have to invest a lot of time into investigating and proving that these people know eachother to remove the money and ban people. If staff wouldn't be able to do this, then the entire server can easily print money.. it's really similair to duping.

All it takes is a succesful prisonbreak, which are easy to do when there are 10 cops on. Imagine doing it with only 3 cops on.. Just too much space for abuse. 

I knew someone would bring this up, was thinking about the same thing when I was posting my reply, but I decided to wait and see other opinions 🙂 To be honest I don't really think this would be a big issue, you have to remember that this is a federal event, granted it's easy to do for a group of rebels, but how many of these we have nowadays? I don't think any of the "major" gangs who are still around would go through the trouble to make some bounty hunters happy (especially that most of major groups that are still around have staff members in their groups who keep an eye out and prevent them from stupid rule breaking), and scrubs who would want to abuse it are not really capable of succeeding imho.

Think about it this way - is it easy to hit 1 mil bounty? No. Is it time consuming? Yes. Can you abuse bounty mechanics and bounty boost to turn yourself in to a friend? Sure you can. Do people get banned for that? Yes, staff has tools to deal with this problem. So would they not be able to deal with this new way of bounty boosting that would be quite hard to pull off anyways? I believe in them being cappable of dealing with it 🙂

If not keeping your bounty, what would be other reason to bring purpouse to prison break event? I mean, keeping your bounty makes sense, if you run away from prison irl do your charges drop and if captured you go back in only for escaping prison? 🙂

15 hours ago, Danny said:

I knew someone would bring this up, was thinking about the same thing when I was posting my reply, but I decided to wait and see other opinions 🙂 To be honest I don't really think this would be a big issue, you have to remember that this is a federal event, granted it's easy to do for a group of rebels, but how many of these we have nowadays? I don't think any of the "major" gangs who are still around would go through the trouble to make some bounty hunters happy (especially that most of major groups that are still around have staff members in their groups who keep an eye out and prevent them from stupid rule breaking), and scrubs who would want to abuse it are not really capable of succeeding imho.

Think about it this way - is it easy to hit 1 mil bounty? No. Is it time consuming? Yes. Can you abuse bounty mechanics and bounty boost to turn yourself in to a friend? Sure you can. Do people get banned for that? Yes, staff has tools to deal with this problem. So would they not be able to deal with this new way of bounty boosting that would be quite hard to pull off anyways? I believe in them being cappable of dealing with it 🙂

If not keeping your bounty, what would be other reason to bring purpouse to prison break event? I mean, keeping your bounty makes sense, if you run away from prison irl do your charges drop and if captured you go back in only for escaping prison? 🙂

I think that most gangs can bring atleast 5 people for a prison break and hold it down. Remember that the APD is likely to just rush across with hatchbacks if you do it against 3 cops. I agree that most gangs wouldn't be able to fight off 10 cops with striders/heli's pushing ect. However it's not the new player or small gangs that would use this to make big bank. It's those dodgy veterans that care little about catching a ban but know how to hold down a fortified compound.

And they wouldn't make just "any" BH happy. I mean they would get a friend, or a friend of a friend, or a buyer to bountyhunt them. Don't worry, people will find a way to greatly profit from it. Admins can see logs ofcourse and find people who turn eachother in, or maybe check if they are friends on steam. However you can easily work around that too if you think a little bit about it 😛 Then you enter the area where admins can hardly proof that people are doing it to benefit from eachother.

For example, i could make an agreement with Virtue that whenever they have a large bounty they turn themselves into me or one of my friends. Whenever i have a friend i can turn them into someone from virtue. And the person turning someone in for 1mil bounty doesn't even have to know the BH friend. Do this a couple of times and we just made a few million from doing a few prison breaks. Thats not the intention of PB, hard to proof, ruins economy and puts more work in the hands of the staff.

It's such little loopholes which most of the server won't use, but leaves too much oppertunity for abuse. Perhaps there is an solution to be found for this abuse, but i just think the idea as it is now would not make into the game.

I don't know a suggestion to increase incentive for the prison break, but also don't think it needs one. For me its a way to fight the APD and i like it that way.

On 7/24/2020 at 10:43 AM, Midamaru said:

Example  

Valid point,didnt read it all,just skimmed over it...But If you get got by a bounty hunter then your bounty legit gets wiped? a more relaxed an easy fix to it with out having to overhaul much of anything an or poke around to much within the code/on mission file.....

Midamaru and Vortex like this