Laying down in broken walls

5 minutes ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

You have to vault to get inside those objects and purposely try to exploit into them.

That is not the same as laying prone in a broken wall.

This doesn't specify a broken wall, These are all things you have to vault into and hit multiple keys to try to get inside the object.

Edit - So was this update to the rule's against people laying prone in broken down walls? Because that was more common then any of the other things listed, And it isn't listed.

Edited by Keneith
Tea., Fried Rice, Calle. and 1 other like this

I personally wouldn't want it to be allowed because it's 100% cover. You are literally invisible laying down in that wall untill someone is on top of you.

But as long as i have known it was always allowed back in the day aslong as you didn't shoot from the position. But i think with their most recent clarification it is indeed not allowed to hide in broken walls.

DankBud and Keneith like this

It used to be long as you stood up,but right around new ownership maybe a tad before it was made clear it was not allowed,this went for any object,down walls,the heli spot at drug,the house spots at drug house cap,think the only exception to this was if you made your self noticeable in some form,like crouched down not laying 100% prone.Laying prone next to a downed wall you can do,long as your not in it from my understanding.

I do remember reading a post about this a long time back,just not sure where it was posted at lol..

Edited by DankBud
Keneith likes this
13 hours ago, Dillon said:

Thing is about laying down in the walls is that your in god mode until you decide to come up and shoot who you please. 

That is true, but in my opinion the person in the wall is at at huge disadvantage... Also you could say the same about peeking from the water but that is allowed

1 minute ago, Keneith said:

I actually misread your comment lol! You usually dont see the guy in the water unless you get a tilde or he stands up and shoots... Same thing for the wall imo

True you never know theyre there until somebody dies either way, I think the issue with the wall thing is that at a cartel they can contest from there and you'll have no clue where they are if they dont shoot and just troll

On 8/3/2020 at 6:48 PM, Keneith said:

You have to vault to get inside those objects and purposely try to exploit into them.

That is not the same as laying prone in a broken wall.

This doesn't specify a broken wall, These are all things you have to vault into and hit multiple keys to try to get inside the object.

Edit - So was this update to the rule's against people laying prone in broken down walls? Because that was more common then any of the other things listed, And it isn't listed.

This change was made due to players hiding in sandbags, un-openable cargo containers , placed objects ect to hold cartel caps and keep the fed active. As to broken walls admins have a directive of use good judgement. IE: someone is in kavala chillin under a broken wall not doing anything just ignore. If we start to see a trend of players taking advantage of this we can revisit this rule. 

Keneith likes this
14 minutes ago, Leady said:

This change was made due to players hiding in sandbags, un-openable cargo containers , placed objects ect to hold cartel caps and keep the fed active. As to broken walls admins have a directive of use good judgement. IE: someone is in kavala chillin under a broken wall not doing anything just ignore. If we start to see a trend of players taking advantage of this we can revisit this rule. 

At tower drug cartel you can knock some walls down right infront of the tower stairs. People usually rush into the tower and have no time to check if there's someone laying inside these walls. In my opinion that would result a ban, but i guess it's upto the admin's discretion which makes it tricky either you can or can't do it.

The same can be done with capturing panagia, there are walls right beside the flag. I can lay down in it and have an easy kill on anyone who tries to capture it if they don't literally walk over the walls to see my name pop up.

I won't use it even if if it's not strictly bannable, it's just abusing the arma 3 shit mechanics to have an unfair advantage in fights.

2 hours ago, Midamaru said:

At tower drug cartel you can knock some walls down right infront of the tower stairs. People usually rush into the tower and have no time to check if there's someone laying inside these walls. In my opinion that would result a ban, but i guess it's upto the admin's discretion which makes it tricky either you can or can't do it.

The same can be done with capturing panagia, there are walls right beside the flag. I can lay down in it and have an easy kill on anyone who tries to capture it if they don't literally walk over the walls to see my name pop up.

I won't use it even if if it's not strictly bannable, it's just abusing the arma 3 shit mechanics to have an unfair advantage in fights.

I think the problem is that Arma 3 was never designed to be a fully balanced competitive game. Like, tower lag exists, and while we complain, nobody banned it, and frankly it's part of the game. Instead, we just watch for it, and prepare to shoot them as they get up the tower. The same should be said for lying in broken walls, because it's very difficult to prove intent, unless an admin is sitting and watching you. 

2 hours ago, BLS | LarrytheLobster said:

I think the problem is that Arma 3 was never designed to be a fully balanced competitive game. Like, tower lag exists, and while we complain, nobody banned it, and frankly it's part of the game. Instead, we just watch for it, and prepare to shoot them as they get up the tower. The same should be said for lying in broken walls, because it's very difficult to prove intent, unless an admin is sitting and watching you. 

You can't be serious.
How in the world is it not a clear intent if someone hides inside broken wall with a gun waiting for somebody to run past him so he can peek his gun through and shoot him in the back?

Back in the day the interpretation was like this: If you just poke ur gun up and shoot - ban. If you crouch or stand up revealing yourself and then shoot - you are good.

Edited by Danny