With the large rebel arsenal, bounty hunters are extremely limited in what they are able to do. This is due to the fact that almost everyone who they are going after has a vest and a large gun. This essentially makes all current legal bounty hunter weapons ineffective. And with cops now being able to search you whenever they want essentially it makes the job of a bounty Hunter almost impossible this is why we should legalize MX so that bounty hunter are able to do there job 

Bherky, Bronx, Donald and 2 others like this

First of lets debunk these statements...

30 minutes ago, Squelchy said:

With the large rebel arsenal, bounty hunters are extremely limited in what they are able to do.

Yes, bounty hunters have a smaller arsenal of guns to chose from. However, every gun they possess is illegal and cannot be used without being charged and seized. Bounty hunters have access to legal armored vehicles and primarily the ability to restrain and keep a person for a maximum of 10 minutes and utilize blindfolds for a simple 1.5k charge. That is some true power.

32 minutes ago, Squelchy said:

This is due to the fact that almost everyone who they are going after has a vest and a large gun.

Bounty hunter has access to the exact same clothes and armor as the rebels do (Might be exceptions at this time, report if known). The point of rebel is to have very big guns. Things like LMGs, 7.62 weapons and armed vehicles are the draw of being a rebel. They are not government sanctioned like bounty hunter is.

1 hour ago, Squelchy said:

This essentially makes all current legal bounty hunter weapons ineffective.

There are plenty of bounty hunters who operate with the fully legal equipment and do just fine. Is it more of a challenge? Why of course it is, that is why it is encouraged to pick your battles and work in teams of bounty hunters. To say that all BH guns are ineffective is simply wrong. Are you able to tap out orcas and ifrits like MKs can? No and that is by design as bounty hunters are design to be a threat to rebels not a complete demolisher of every persons fun.

1 hour ago, Squelchy said:

And with cops now being able to search you whenever they want essentially it makes the job of a bounty Hunter almost impossible this is why we should legalize MX so that bounty hunter are able to do there job 

You have to give cops a reason to search you. Here is the list incase you have not read this portion of the guide book: Link. Just because you have to think more around the cops, does not mean you should be handed the keys to the kingdom for abusing this. I must also add if you read the popups from when you gain your bounty hunter license, the intent is for you to work in the absence of officers. I must also add that while you may have good intentions as a bounty hunter, other before you have made the owners of the server make this change happen. I know I have heard of many stories of people abusing these weapons on civilians who suffered the most when these guns were legal as the repercussions were so minimal. I state this to give you a better picture as to why these guns were moved to be illegal and not to rub out all of bounty hunting.

@ColtonB205 yes but adding the illegal firearm charge is 2.5k its nothing.... the issue is when people try and bounty hunt they are doing so and a cop sees him with his MX and takes it which yes... they are required to do, but the issue is that people use the MX/Spar because when people have armor the 9mm and .45 dont do much and the TRG is pretty useless. IMO why not legalize the spar for bhunters if the TRG is already legal...

4 hours ago, Antoine Rockamura said:

You can use any other gun other than the spar. The only reason why it's illegal is because of the high rate of fire. If you want a gun with a high rate of fire use the Sting.

Yes let me use a sting against people with armor. If trg is legal so should spar... Antoine I could kidnap u with a po7 that’s the only reason u don’t want anything legalized 

Edited by Chris Peacock
Bronx likes this
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2020 at 5:24 AM, Dillon said:

People kept using it to kidnap cops so if you complain enough you get what you want I guess...

it’s also the same reason why they can take you license now and you can’t get it until after server restart. 

Wait they can take your BH license until after restart? Thats broken af. Hope there's at least some strict requirements for doing so.

On 9/17/2020 at 4:44 PM, Squelchy said:

With the large rebel arsenal, bounty hunters are extremely limited in what they are able to do. This is due to the fact that almost everyone who they are going after has a vest and a large gun. This essentially makes all current legal bounty hunter weapons ineffective. And with cops now being able to search you whenever they want essentially it makes the job of a bounty Hunter almost impossible this is why we should legalize MX so that bounty hunter are able to do there job 

I have an ez solution
Buy MXC, you see the popo, you stick it in backpack
Problem solved

32 minutes ago, Doomba said:

Wait they can take your BH license until after restart? Thats broken af. Hope there's at least some strict requirements for doing so.

"You should only fully Revoke a bounty hunter license if the bounty hunter has kidnapped an officer or civilian who is not their bounty. Revoking a bounty hunter license for a server restart will be limited to Corporal+ and it is expected that you use your best judgement. Abuse of this function will result in disciplinary action."

- Captain Rafael

Doomba likes this
3 hours ago, Bherky said:

"You should only fully Revoke a bounty hunter license if the bounty hunter has kidnapped an officer or civilian who is not their bounty. Revoking a bounty hunter license for a server restart will be limited to Corporal+ and it is expected that you use your best judgement. Abuse of this function will result in disciplinary action."

- Captain Rafael

I feel like that should be an LT+ thing and only for like serial cop kidnappers or something. Removing someone's money making license till restart is pretty harsh. If it happened to me just because I ran into a corporal that doesn't like me I'd ragequit lol

2 hours ago, Doomba said:

I feel like that should be an LT+ thing and only for like serial cop kidnappers or something. Removing someone's money making license till restart is pretty harsh. If it happened to me just because I ran into a corporal that doesn't like me I'd ragequit lol

Well no they can't revoke just because they don't like you. It's only if you abuse your license and kidnap people that aren't your bounties. That seems fair to me cause no one likes getting downed and restrained for 10 min constantly.