Good Idea  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would an alliance system be a benefit for asylum?

• Yes this will help improve asylums role-play and make more/larger sized groups for doing runs/banks/feds/ect
    • I like the idea for alllies to have a change in name color + see through balaclava effect.
    • We need an alliance system, but this idea isn't it.

I think a lot of small gangs will start to play with eachother more if you make an alliance system so the names of your allies are a different color other than white/red.

Examples of colors: Blue/Yellow/Green(medic is green so it'd make people think twice about shooting a civ. May promote role-play because players will have more motive to talk to an allied player knowing they or their leaders made ties.)

I have a great video where I met a leader of a gang and we wanted to ally. So we did. Then we drove to rebel and my friend killed the Leader then his friend killed my friend. I then messaged their leader saying sorry my friend was worried because of his past experiences in asylum. He could not see his name due to the balaclava unknown effect. With the allied name color and a code that allows ally gangs to see through the balaclava effect would improve relations. Even in KoS zones it'd create friendliness/roleplay. 

This would add to role-play and players would join other. If people wanted to accept the offer of doing runs,  the player can go to the gang menu and send the allied gang a group inv, then seeing all the players in the gang on the map. A talent point would be cool. It'd be better to have a member accept the invite the ally gang send you rather than telling each members to join. Unless you want to avoid the random group chat clutter but it'd be easier to tell them to stfu.

If you think we can use an alliance system feel free to post your ideas/thoughts. I've seen posts about this but it never happened after all these years so Id like to refresh this important matter. 

Edited by The Forgotten Legend

As interesting of an idea as alliances sounds to be, I don't think they need to be added to the server. I'm not totally opposed to it, I just don't see it as necessary to add. Groups work just fine to avoid shooting friendly players, and people have been using the group system to combine their gangs for events/big runs for years now. While it'd be an interesting function to see if it was implemented, I don't think it's needed.

Mason, Donald and Shaq Daddy like this

Let me make it more clear for you.

Its a simple phycological examination. Same thing as marketing. If you sell mac n cheese called 'Number 1 Melted Cheese" vs , 'noodles and dick cheese' the better name would win, even if it was the same product. 

This correlates to asylum LIFE servers in a more social way. If we were to see a more colorful less dangerous looking colour, such as the sky, or grass, yellow for the sun, the eye would be more welcoming, kinda like a smile. 

Players would be more willing to go up to a player knowing they are allied. It would escalate to them learning the game together, escalating to a run rather than it being white, bringing hardly any affiliation/groups because the 'alliance' might as well not exist because not everyone will know of the conversations/experience/situations ones were involved in.  Expecting your entire gang to instantly hear of everything that happens is a mistake many make. Their are gangs that accidentally kill each other and cbaT to message them and try to fix it due to the immaturity within your community.

Fuck tags and alliances will never happen if you expect gangs to always join groups but if you sent ally gangs group invites and they just had to accept it, like a gang invite that'd make all the difference.

Their are a lot of gangs, that my members run into and don't know of the things I did with them. It would make all the difference if they knew we were allies, from another members PoV but we might as well not even be an ally because their is no way of indicating both gangs have factioned with one another in the past, holding it from make a fututre.

DS can contribute to this toxicity. For example. If a member turns himself in for Trial by Combat and then a bank/fed/prison pops, the TBC should take priority. If you tell the qualified person sorry we have a bank. 'would u like to explain your charges' is just tying to trigger someone because of who the are. Are you telling me asylum doesn't promote equal opportunity? That's a massive interpretation that that players rights are being shoved up his ass, which is because a certain high rank @bbgreg17 was influenced by others to say no to this individual. Which isn't right.

an admin event shouldn't be the reason a sgt+ cannot conduct a TBC. If none are on scene, the LT+ should conduct it. Not tell the player that turned himself in to "go fuck himself, when literally just moments ago a newly promoted SGT could have conducted it. You do the TBC then tend to the bank. Not 'oh its him'. 

Explain to me how a player hitting 'rob bank' is more important than me turning myself in? 

You guys really need to rethink your development team because its just not working out...

asylum could have been at 6 active servers by now but sadly you failed figure things out/change your ways. 

1 hour ago, The Forgotten Legend said:

DS can contribute to this toxicity. For example. If a member turns himself in for Trial by Combat and then a bank/fed/prison pops, the TBC should take priority. If you tell the qualified person sorry we have a bank. 'would u like to explain your charges' is just tying to trigger someone because of who the are. Are you telling me asylum doesn't promote equal opportunity? That's a massive interpretation that that players rights are being shoved up his ass, which is because a certain high rank @bbgreg17 was influenced by others to say no to this individual. Which isn't right.

If this was earlier today...
I was not the SGT+ who said they were going to conduct the TBC.
I didn't know there was a TBC organized until after the bank popped.
I said I was going to the bank, I never said the TBC could not happen. (If officers are engaged in something prior to a federal event popping they are allowed to finish that engagement).

I am not entirely sure where you are coming from in thinking this was me? If someone told you it was, I am sorry, but you were misinformed. 

Bilbo Baggins likes this
2 hours ago, The Forgotten Legend said:

You guys really need to rethink your development team because its just not working out...

Be the change you want to see: https://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/112372-developer-designer-applications-open/

You will not be paid for your time.

2 hours ago, The Forgotten Legend said:

asylum could have been at 6 active servers by now but sadly you failed figure things out/change your ways. 

This is just delusion.

3 hours ago, The Forgotten Legend said:

Let me make it more clear for you.

Its a simple phycological examination. Same thing as marketing. If you sell mac n cheese called 'Number 1 Melted Cheese" vs , 'noodles and dick cheese' the better name would win, even if it was the same product. 

This correlates to asylum LIFE servers in a more social way. If we were to see a more colorful less dangerous looking colour, such as the sky, or grass, yellow for the sun, the eye would be more welcoming, kinda like a smile. 

Players would be more willing to go up to a player knowing they are allied. It would escalate to them learning the game together, escalating to a run rather than it being white, bringing hardly any affiliation/groups because the 'alliance' might as well not exist because not everyone will know of the conversations/experience/situations ones were involved in.  Expecting your entire gang to instantly hear of everything that happens is a mistake many make. Their are gangs that accidentally kill each other and cbaT to message them and try to fix it due to the immaturity within your community.

Fuck tags and alliances will never happen if you expect gangs to always join groups but if you sent ally gangs group invites and they just had to accept it, like a gang invite that'd make all the difference.

Their are a lot of gangs, that my members run into and don't know of the things I did with them. It would make all the difference if they knew we were allies, from another members PoV but we might as well not even be an ally because their is no way of indicating both gangs have factioned with one another in the past, holding it from make a fututre.

an admin event shouldn't be the reason a sgt+ cannot conduct a TBC. If none are on scene, the LT+ should conduct it. Not tell the player that turned himself in to "go fuck himself, when literally just moments ago a newly promoted SGT could have conducted it. You do the TBC then tend to the bank. Not 'oh its him'. 

Explain to me how a player hitting 'rob bank' is more important than me turning myself in? 

First, I have to be frank, I have no idea what you're talking about with psychology and seeing less threatening colors. Unless you're afraid of the color white, I don't see that making any sense. As for players going up to each other, I don't see this as an issue. Players who WANT to have friendly interactions tend to seek out and try to. Players who don't will either avoid interacting with other players, or will act hostile towards them. The color of their name has little to do with it. As for your interactions with other gangs or gang members, this, in my opinion, holds little value as well. Allies or not, your gang mates may not like or agree with all the same people you do, and thus, hostility can still be present. Like I stated earlier, Asylum players who are interested in having big group or combined gang activities have been doing so successfully for years without an alliance system. Why would they need it now? 

As for he trail by combat/bank situation you were talking about, no, the TBC does not, nor should it take priority. Your turning yourself in (Which can be done any other time) does not hold value over the government money at the Bank of Altis being robbed, with only a 10 minute window for the cops to stop. Additionally, the APD Guidebook (Which all officers must abide by, regardless of rank) states that any and all federal events are more important than any other standard patrol duties. Lastly, the SGT+ not being on scene has nothing to do with anything, as they don't have to be on scene for a TBC to take place, they simply must approve it to be conducted. If it was denied temporarily due to a federal event, then oh well. Try again in 10-20 minutes when the event is over, it isn't the end of the world.

As a final note, I was not trying to imply that your suggestion was necessarily a bad one. Just that, in my opinion, and based on my experiences in the server as a cop/civ for the past handful of years, it is not necessary, or particularly useful. It wasn't that I didn't understand your proposal or points, I understood them well and fine without the clarification. Rather, it was that I did not agree with it. 

P.S. There is no need to @ or call out specific individuals in a public thread. Especially if the claims being made are unfounded or unproved. If you truly have a complaint or quarrel with someone, go talk to them one on one. Problems are solved by finding solutions with the people involved, not by finger pointing on the forums.

Bandit and .Matt like this

the best way to get PoV is from others perspective. I can make a thread and I don't think I'll get the appropriate responses. It'll just get closed, from my past experiences. I know its hard for you to understand but trust me It'll work. A more vibrant color would show allied gangs are true allies. It reinforces relations.

Just because one gang hears knowledge quicker than others, doesn't mean all gangs do. Players that just joined will team with others with a blue name > a white name. Even if the white name was considered an ally to some members, doesn't mean that player will know of the alliance because they may not have received information of the event that occurred to make an alliance/didn't read the discord, ts, steam, ect.

If you have something to indicate their alliance, in this case a change in name color, it'd allow them to trust one another. Also goes for a kos zone. 

If a player rolls into rodo/rebel, a drug area that 1 second of shooting will allow their brain to hesitate and say 'oh wait, an ally'. And both gangs however many members can gear and be on their way, roleplaying, or even group and do bigger and better things, bringing a player turning himself in, getting told to fuck off because the alliance system brought more important things to the table, such as a bank/fed. 

Rather than the other most common scenario 'oops I didn't know. Couldn't see name due to balaclava. If I waited to get close, I would have died because the chances I get shot are high because I look dangerous and thats just how asylum goes. Nobody will wait to see a name and a tag, asking if we are allies, making sure of things, ect ect.. a change in color to the name would fix all of that.

See my point?

I'm not sure how much more clear I can be, mate. I see your point, yes. I have seen and understood it from the first post, I never needed clarification. I just don't agree with your point. But that's just my opinion, and I'm just another guy on the server. It's up to you to take that opinion for whatever you will.

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

Right, so I roll up to rebel, Im not going to text all my allies to join a group every time I hop on, telling all my gang members to join a group. How much better it'd be to just see a blue name as I roll into a kos zone rather than it being white, getting shot. Then trying to get a revive. It ends up not happening and then the alliance is over before it started. Creating zero roleplay or anything else I mentioned. Just promote killing and telling others to fuck off. 

Its fine. continue to have a pre-mature server and don't try to improve it. better yet, keep on with the bad updates no1 cares about when you are literally by passing some of the things will turn your server around. I can careless tbh. You should be thanking me for giving you this logic. 

You shouldn't need to text anyone. If you're actively intending or planning to run with a group, the overwhelmingly vast majority of people I have met over the years would be in communication through TeamSpeak or Discord, and already KNOW they need to join a group upon joining, or can quickly confirm friendlies from enemies. Not that this problem is completely unique to you, but it seems more on your end than anything else. Additionally, like stated before, KOS zones are not designed nor intended to create roleplay. They are the exact opposite, where even the light RP the server is based around is not necessary. No one is promoting anyone to tell others to 'fuck off', just stating that it isn't needed to change something that has been working fine for players for years now.

As for the comment about a a pre-mature server, bad updates, and how we should be thanking you: The players on this server who play every single day seem to be quite alright with the updates coming out, otherwise they wouldn't keep playing. Clearly the server isn't pre-mature, as it gets full everyday of people who enjoy utilizing the features present. And lastly, why should anyone here thank you for giving 'logic' that no-one asked for, or from what I've read so far, really agrees with? It seems more to me that you are getting upset and being immature about this because some people gave their opinion, and it didn't fall in line perfectly with yours.

I hope that is a joke. Because if it isn't, then you my friend have got some serious delusions of grandeur that need to be addressed. Good luck with whatever you encounter in the future, I hope you handle it better than you did here. And frankly, I think I'd rather have a new backpack skin than an alliance system. Give me one that looks like a turtle shell to wear with a green wetsuit!

9 minutes ago, Jesse said:

What the fuck did I just read. How does a trial by combat factor in here? Or a bank robbery vs self turn in? 

We need more great suggestions like this in the future. Thank you for your time. We’ll implement this soon. 

discriminatingness you jesse for being such a health-preserving developer. acclimatization up the health-preserving cheval-de-frise brother.         

Edited by Bag
14 hours ago, Jesse said:

What the fuck did I just read. How does a trial by combat factor in here? Or a bank robbery vs self turn in? 

We need more great suggestions like this in the future. Thank you for your time. We’ll implement this soon. 

Because I was told I can get Trial by combat and then their like 'nvm bank popped/admin event" aka, fuck u we dont care ahaha give us ur bounty. 

colored names would allow us to roll up to rebel and if our allies are their, we wouldnt die. thus leading us to do bigger and better things, rather than the current nature of us dying and alliances never happening. 

im guessing most of you never played asylum beyond kavalalololol

how would any of you possibly know what im talkin about? its not like ur a gang leader of 500. yeah, it doesnt work to tell each 1 of them who we are allies with, and when we get new recruits and im not on, they arent going to know about a group. a simple color would fix all of that.

im smart, you're all stupid. its that easy.

thank you for your time. im glad this server isnt going to have such a great idea because then people might think the devs know what their doing.

The best part is, this system has proven to work on other platforms, asylum is just to arrogant because its influenced by a pre-mature community.

1 hour ago, The Forgotten Legend said:

Because I was told I can get Trial by combat and then their like 'nvm bank popped/admin event" aka, fuck u we dont care ahaha give us ur bounty. 

colored names would allow us to roll up to rebel and if our allies are their, we wouldnt die. thus leading us to do bigger and better things, rather than the current nature of us dying and alliances never happening. 

im guessing most of you never played asylum beyond kavalalololol

how would any of you possibly know what im talkin about? its not like ur a gang leader of 500. yeah, it doesnt work to tell each 1 of them who we are allies with, and when we get new recruits and im not on, they arent going to know about a group. a simple color would fix all of that.

im smart, you're all stupid. its that easy.

thank you for your time. im glad this server isnt going to have such a great idea because then people might think the devs know what their doing.

The best part is, this system has proven to work on other platforms, asylum is just to arrogant because its influenced by a pre-mature community.

I think what you fail to understand is we all play mixing with other gangs and forming these "alliances" as you refer to them all the time.  The group system has always worked, why mess with something that works well and everyone knows?  Usually everyone is in TS in some channel, converges when they log on, and the group is thrown up.  Hell before the group is even thrown up if we all start logging into rebel we just say hey that is me over comms.  

It really is not complicated and I am sure our devs have more important things to work on than bright colors for you.  Maybe change your in game colors if it helps?

Also I am pretty sure no Arma dev actually knows what they are doing.  They spend all day making do forcing spaghetti code to fit together in ways it was never intended to fit.