Making Cartel life great again!!

On 9/22/2020 at 8:36 PM, bigjohn561 said:

Limit admins load outs.

On 9/22/2020 at 8:42 PM, Chris Peacock said:

you dont get anything from fighting other gangs... its a waste of time and money. The fight every once in awhile is fun but there is no incentive. Increase blood money per kill and lets be honest... no gangs are active. Its admin's vs players at this point. IMO its literally a private server for u guys

On 9/22/2020 at 8:48 PM, Chris Peacock said:

take a look... u guys get admins to play against people who dont have admins.... admins spawn nades loadouts and have unlimited money giving HUGE cuts to the other players in their group. This then gives so much money to the regular players its not fun anymore.... u guys have done the exact thing ceo of fed did.... u make all the cops log off https://gyazo.com/943e7ca3c3717586850fef674a4a7d85 you would think this would force people into gang fights but it doesnt because gang life is dead and boring

On 9/22/2020 at 9:46 PM, PeytonCx said:

Stop letting entire gangs gear up at admin houses. You can win the fight and they are back roaching before you can even rev the guys who died

1 hour ago, bigjohn561 said:

Don't even need to see names. Nades thrown over and over.... yep we know that is lol.

Not a big deal tho. I'm kinda taking a break atm from Asylum atm.

I hear your concerns. I made my thoughts on these issues clear to the admin team. If you believe that any staff member is going above and beyond what a reasonable payer should be. Please bring up those concerns directly to @Leady or @Mason. It's hard for us to address the problem if we are not told about it. and weeks or months later is not helpful either. But i do ask that you remember these guys spend a ton of time putting in the work for you guys. But that doesn't mean that your experience should be ruined because of it. I appreciate your thoughts, ideas and concerns being brought up. 

13 hours ago, TRYHARD said:

Remove North wongs and make its second location East arms. Its still a tower but at least its got some ways to push it and its not so far away.

This is a huge +1 for me @Ethan Darrell

7 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

I hear your concerns. I made my thoughts on these issues clear to the admin team. If you believe that any staff member is going above and beyond what a reasonable payer should be. Please bring up those concerns directly to @Leady or @Mason. It's hard for us to address the problem if we are not told about it. and weeks or months later is not helpful either. But i do ask that you remember these guys spend a ton of time putting in the work for you guys. But that doesn't mean that your experience should be ruined because of it. I appreciate your thoughts, ideas and concerns being brought up. 

Some people are annoyed by the fact that they're fighting people with unlimited kits, I don't mind that cause in my opinion a fight is a fight. Where is troubles me is when an admin uses nades. I know that people argue that using two nades is reasonable, but I have NEVER and I really mean NEVER see anyone ever use nades other than admins.

Joe . likes this
2 hours ago, Bherky said:

This is a huge +1 for me @Ethan Darrell

Some people are annoyed by the fact that they're fighting people with unlimited kits, I don't mind that cause in my opinion a fight is a fight. Where is troubles me is when an admin uses nades. I know that people argue that using two nades is reasonable, but I have NEVER and I really mean NEVER see anyone ever use nades other than admins.

I mean they are 3k each though? Looking at players money, that would be a small dent in their account if they decided to use them. I can't blame the admins for using them. But we can ensure they are in moderation. But I'm not too interested in "well yeah but so and so threw 100 names in one fight a few months ago ". If this is really that much of a concern. You need to bring it to the guys i listed within the time of it happening so we can address it if needed. I'm not a fan of these half baseless claims being slung around.

44 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

I mean they are 3k each though? Looking at players money, that would be a small dent in their account if they decided to use them. I can't blame the admins for using them. But we can ensure they are in moderation. But I'm not too interested in "well yeah but so and so threw 100 names in one fight a few months ago ". If this is really that much of a concern. You need to bring it to the guys i listed within the time of it happening so we can address it if needed. I'm not a fan of these half baseless claims being slung around.

Yeah I get its only 3k each, but literally no one ever uses them, its probably cause its a waste of money. You never get to actually use them and most of the time you forget you even have them. So if you are paying 6k extra (the cost of your clothing) just for nades you won't end up using then it makes sense for only admins to use them because they don't care about money. 

I'm not here to argue that admins should have them taken away, rather I'm just telling you that admins have the luxury of carrying two nades without having the risk of losing anything.

(just let me buy ifrits with bloodmoney man!!)

Edited by Bherky
6 minutes ago, Bherky said:

Yeah I get its only 3k each, but literally no one ever uses them, its probably cause its a waste of money. You never get to actually use them and most of the time you forget you even have them. So if you are paying 6k extra (the cost of your clothing) just for nades you won't end up using then it makes sense for only admins to use them because they don't care about money. 

I'm not here to argue that admins should have them taken away, rather I'm just telling you that admins have the luxury of carrying two nades without having the risk of losing anything.

(just let me buy ifrits with bloodmoney man!!)

I literally carry 2 nades. It's even in my load out. 

23 hours ago, Dillon said:

Need more of an incentive to fight tbh nobody fights just to fight anymore. Whether that incentive is more money or something like the turfs have where the gang gets a bonus for running the activity ( like Rodo allows for 2x gathering of drugs). 

It doesn't get past the fact that cartels are boring to most people nowadays.  Not to mention that new players who even attempt cartels get stomped, and usually harassed so much that they stop doing them lol.

1 hour ago, Sheriff Rick said:

It doesn't get past the fact that cartels are boring to most people nowadays.  Not to mention that new players who even attempt cartels get stomped, and usually harassed so much that they stop doing them lol.

So then what do people find fun? Sitting in Kavala getting rdmed? Cause that’s where most new players go and then they leave the server cause their told to “record and report”

Bherky likes this
1 hour ago, Dillon said:

So then what do people find fun? Sitting in Kavala getting rdmed? Cause that’s where most new players go and then they leave the server cause their told to “record and report”

Over cartels?  Probably, yes lol.  My point is that the skill gap is extremely wide and the cartel community is incredibly toxic ( Not complaining, it's whatever ) this is why cartels are played by the same people and gangs pick from a small pool of players.  Add that with it being content that is YEARS old, and it's why you're never going to bring back the good ol' days.  

You're better off making fresh rebel content, hopefully stuff that isn't gang versus gang in out in the middle of nowhere spots.

On 9/25/2020 at 5:32 PM, Sheriff Rick said:

You're better off making fresh rebel content, hopefully stuff that isn't gang versus gang in out in the middle of nowhere spots.

Fresh rebel content? So you mean giving us rewards from Quest rewards which include donor i tems/skins. idk bout u but if I looked cool Id deff go to cartels more to show off my style

Edited by The Forgotten Legend
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 9:48 PM, Chris Peacock said:

take a look... u guys get admins to play against people who dont have admins.... admins spawn nades loadouts and have unlimited money giving HUGE cuts to the other players in their group. This then gives so much money to the regular players its not fun anymore.... u guys have done the exact thing ceo of fed did.... u make all the cops log off https://gyazo.com/943e7ca3c3717586850fef674a4a7d85 you would think this would force people into gang fights but it doesnt because gang life is dead and boring

Cops log out because they get salty an there egos get hurt. Gang life is dead because of all the closet cheaters over the years imo,that an most newer players don't understand cartels,to them its just a death sentence as they most likely don't understand call-outs,or lack the numbers to fight so are always handicapped before they even get there.Then you got the gangs who just drive around in ifrits instead of playing on cap an wont even allow a push,other  times ends up you getting blown up (casue ya know arma) or VDM'd because you wanna drop on someone(bad timing or other players just being a cunt lol).

As far as the Admin an the gear they bring,There Admins they kinda earned that imho,long as they aint going stupid with nades or abusing there shit,then im unsure what the issue is there,Unless people just assume because they admins there "friends" or gang members get free shit,then jokes on you i haven't got free shit 😢

Some admins make there money just like the rest of the players too,so if your just assuming,then dont because assumption is the mother of all fuck ups..

On 9/22/2020 at 11:28 PM, CRH said:

Another suggestion is the blood money. Add something that makes it a lot more useful. Just being able to purchase loadouts etc. from it isn't enough. Maybe add a bank or some other federal event that requires you to purchase a specific item that only blood money can buy in order to rob it. This event can give you large amounts of money, ifrits etc. that way there's a chance you end up getting much more value out of your blood money rather than just spending it on regular gear. More risk but higher reward. For now blood money is basically just a leaderboard feature since it really isn't enough to pay for your loadouts. 

Add some sort of talent system that gives you additional perks that you can buy with blood money much like the bounty hunter system. This could be faster revives, more money from robbing federal events, gear discounts, ifrit discounts etc. That way you feel like you're working towards something other than just a spot on a leaderboard.

This is a solid idea..Have it more cartel oriented,allow more things to be bought ect

2 hours ago, DankBud said:

Cops log out because they get salty an there egos get hurt. Gang life is dead because of all the closet cheaters over the years imo,that an most newer players don't understand cartels,to them its just a death sentence as they most likely don't understand call-outs,or lack the numbers to fight so are always handicapped before they even get there.Then you got the gangs who just drive around in ifrits instead of playing on cap an wont even allow a push,other  times ends up you getting blown up (casue ya know arma) or VDM'd because you wanna drop on someone(bad timing or other players just being a cunt lol)

I mean that is cartels for you, a defensive ifrit is an actual strat but I mean if they're fighting you off cap with ifrits then that's a different story but if they're driving around cap w/ ifrits waiting for you to drop then that's an actual thing to put pressure on that ifrit so they can't just drop on your teammates. But any good player/gang can easily punish that if they know what there doing.

Edited by Tea.
17 minutes ago, Tea. said:

I mean that is cartels for you, a defensive ifrit is an actual strat but I mean if they're fighting you off cap with ifrits then that's a different story but if they're driving around cap w/ ifrits waiting for you to drop then that's an actual thing to put pressure on that ifrit so they can't just drop on your teammates. But any good player/gang can easily punish that if they know what there doing.

yea that i know,im talking when its every person on cap got a ifrit lol shits annoying to fight,fun sometimes but gets old fast an don't teach much imo,other then how to shoot ppl out maybe.

1 minute ago, DankBud said:

yea that i know,im talking when its every person on cap got a ifrit lol shits annoying to fight,fun sometimes but gets old fast an don't teach much imo,other then how to shoot ppl out maybe.

Well thats for sure new gangs for you, they dunno how to fight cartels properly which is unfortunate.

• 2 months later...

Dirty money. This will allow the individuals that want to cap cartels actually cap cartels rather than saying fuck it i wont get shit from the gang funds so im not going to cap them.  Talk is big payouts are cheap leaders end  up snaking funds in the end. 90% of the time. 

A cartel near the mountains east of kavala. Those rocks and hills would make exellent snipe fights + adding to our playstyle/tactics being able to flank around big hills, the massive rocks, ect...

add a shop to kavala cave that lets you trade in xhuman organs for an item or bonus.

Allow cartel life/gang rating to allow us to be able to get new skins.

Another way to increase your player base is making skins obtainable by actually playing the game not only donating. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Squanchy said:

First we got make America great again now we got make cartel life life great again. What's next?:make slavery great again 

4 hours ago, PGone said:

I don't think cartel battles will change much, this is an RPG server, you should experience the fun of making money, have money and then go cartel fights, not some people think, fight while making money, then the server will lose its life,

Fuck off my thread you fucking freaks

Copa and Joe . like this
On 9/22/2020 at 9:15 PM, Ethan Darrell said:

Hello Asylum Gamers, 

Today, I would like to hear from you, the community, on what you would like to see added to Cartel life.

I feel that Cartel fighting on this server is very non existent, and it seems that, as a community, we have shifted more towards fighting cops than going to fight cartels in more recent times.

I am here to listen to you all on what you would like to see added or brought back to Asylum. I would like to stay on topic with this so if you have any suggestions please feel free to comment on this thread. 

The very point of this post is to revive cartel fighting/Gang life, so if you have any ideas, feel free to share. I am told this would be impossible, but I feel this could changed.

∘I'd like to see dirty money return  ∘Robbable Marijuana Dispensaries ∘Get a better police force (rp)

DirŦyMøηͼʎ ≎ This alone will make ∁ąr⨗el life more active and it'll be more fair because real G 's be murk'n dem foolz when they pick up the cash. This made asylum fun because it was hard and little shitters would die. Now, all of these little shitters just cap a cartel when its dead and get all of that money... how easy, how pathetic. Its what made asylum distinct. I can guarantee you it'd attract more pvpers. You can always make excuses for why you think wired money is better but you see what it did and now a second server to test some theories and do in-game polls to see what the community thinks on what should stay, be fixed, changed.  I can guarantee you people would donate if you changed up so many things on a second server. Including starting with a whole new police force that requires STRICT roleplay/non god-mode cop restraints...?+326mph hatchback sport. KEEP our bounty when we escape jail. Makes no sense why it'd clear. Nobody is abusing it, maybe a few people happened to have gotten lucky with bounties but it wouldn't ruin the economy. Your current gang fund method is doing that xd 

Who else remembers going to rebel after you die to get the dirty money at rebel before it got deposited? All in all, dirty money brought more fights/activity.

Robbable Marijuana Dispensaries 

New players need more than a 5k gas station robbery. Even in groups, you might get a kill or 2 but a real big fight like the old days rarely happens.

It takes experience for new players to make money and gain the skill to do a bank. He's better off becoming a cop or playing KoTH. Asylum needs another option for combat. It can't just be bank/fed/cartels. Those would become more active if you had another step to fill the void in between. 

Let me explain: Do not fund weed into drug cartel. Put the cut it takes into the cash register the mmj dispensary. 

Each mmj dispensary should have a different product for sale, which is made by us and sold by the mmj dispensary. 

1 mmj dispensary for flower / vape pen / edibles / concentrates. flower is just flower, vape pen is iron+weed, edibles can be like yeast/weed/water, concentrates can be weed and something else.

So whenever these are sold, it'll fill the register. Add some type of option to see how much money is in the register, like cartels show the % its at. Show the actual amount of money in the register in the same menu as cartels. So people can go rob it and this would increase pvp to help improve combat which would in the end, improve cartel life.

second server - this would be great if you used to for tests, like I explain earlier. Bring back all of these things we once loved but was sadly stripped from us. Why can't we put anyone in any cars other than a  hatch back??? No more god mode cop restraints, you'll see the change. Add a public garage near dp3 for all those who don't own a personal one or know anyone. This would make lsd more active.  Increase kos from 300 to 500 in some areas + new turf locations. 

I don't know if you know this but all of the mountains in the western part of map are literally amazing to fight in and drive around trying to escape. you should really make it a koth type deal for blood money/war kills within the zone because it's literally the best spot for combat. I got a few screen shots on another spot on the east coast you should consider for a drug dealer or pro lab. 

9BEDD111A30B8BA57D2E42C4C5B50050B5DDE4E8 (2560×1080)

9CADFE02875ADFB371DC9F89766B5D0E607561B3

2BEF2DEC031B7A01F2153CCC733C3ECA31620826

FF658620B9E66606FEBCEE1A0993DF978BBC8031

do you see all the great spots for this location? The last photo is what's on the other side so people coming to attack and literally sneak up along the rock to house and scope it out + the deerstand is a great spot. I can give you some screen shots in the other spot I was talking about if you want.

Edited by The Forgotten Legend
BigRockerGuy likes this

i like the effort,but fuck bringing dirty money back that was aids,granted it kept you on your toes but just plain aids.

The APD will prob never change.

Also remember this isnt a " RP " server its more combat oriented for PVP. The sooner you understand the rules around this the better experience you will get out of it,imho anyway

• 1 month later...

Hello. I have two ideas for new content. My first idea is ok but I feel like the second idea would spice up the server. My first idea would be a new cartel that collects tax from legal ways of making money. For example a natural resource cartel that receives a cut from legal vendors like jewelry, commodity, timber, market produce (apples) being sold or purchased.  

Natural resource location 1: https://gyazo.com/7d258d6cd17db77680cefec4b735efef

https://gyazo.com/d67b554cbbd6158744b16cff9c55c8f7

Natural resource cartel location #2: https://gyazo.com/98c27e24d479b620d63d8b0f575f3afe

https://gyazo.com/f87b989f1303503a785ba84444770cb5

Another idea I had was city turfs. The general idea is like gang turfs. A city or landmark near a city will turns into a red zone and allows for capture. If captured the winner will collect a tax on EVERYTHING (illegal(drug & wong), legal( garage fees, weapon store, selling or buying with any trader)) sold or bought within the city they fought for. There will be 4 city turfs (Kavala, Sofia, Athira, and Pyrgos) Only one city turf can be active at a time. I have no idea how long they should last and how often they should pop.

Just an idea here but I'm thinking maybe even allowing the APD to compete for these city turfs  in hope to make fights feel different and fresh every time they pop. The APD can either get the tax or a check like they do when winning a federal event as their reward. (When a city turf capture zone is active no federal events may be started to give cops the break from being raped at federal events.)

These are just ideas for locations for fights and I'm sure you all can think of better places for the fights but I'm just spit balling some ideas here. 

KAVALA TURF:

Kavala castle: https://gyazo.com/5b4ef8490cd712545f0fece8a0b04a95

Kavala square: https://gyazo.com/5b4ef8490cd712545f0fece8a0b04a95

ATHIRA TURF:

Make the city Athira the turf.

North athira military base: https://gyazo.com/9a252a165778917444c6c8abddf79a21

SOFIA TURF:

Make the city Sofia the turf.

Sofia Military base: https://gyazo.com/2015a3c9f0a0586998076fad7c363cdd

https://gyazo.com/b2dd4acb61c9119fe9167a580cebcae3

PYRGOS TURF:

Make the city Pyrgos the turf

Maybe west Pyrgos island: https://gyazo.com/622fc7dc395f0c779e95416c9c3d9a2d

https://gyazo.com/9230ee24064bc777df572428d9122147

Additional notes. In my opinion making the turfs within the city itself would make the turf war a lot more accessible to new gangs and players that want to get into fights. Only problems would be having a player spawn being a red zone which could also dishearten brand new players. The issue with putting it outside the city itself is that new players will not get involved with the fights (similarly to  cartels) and it’ll end up being a fight between two big gangs like it always has. I think if the fight is outside the city it’ll end up getting boring just like all the other cartels IMO.

Also, if the city turf is in the city, I would highly recommend making it a moving capture zone within the turf similar to how “codefourgaming” KOTH servers have a moving priority zone. This would stop players from just camping a flag location (gang turfs) or stagnating capture zone (cartels). In all honesty stagnant zones make fights boring, predictable and less dynamic. Moving zones would ultimately balance the fights between defenders and attackers. If that is too hard to develop you can have it where there are multiple flag within a city turf and they must be captured like gang turf flags BUT they will randomly rotate four times during the city turf capture time and players must capture the new priority flag that pops. ( Example capture event last for 30 minutes. Every 7 and a half minutes players must push a new flag location in the  city turf to  start gaining more points.) Whoever has the most cumulative percentage during flag capture wins the city turf.

Edited by La Press
  • 4 months later...
On 7/13/2021 at 3:26 PM, Farmer Don said:

Hello. I have two ideas for new content. My first idea is ok but I feel like the second idea would spice up the server. My first idea would be a new cartel that collects tax from legal ways of making money. For example a natural resource cartel that receives a cut from legal vendors like jewelry, commodity, timber, market produce (apples) being sold or purchased.  

Natural resource location 1: https://gyazo.com/7d258d6cd17db77680cefec4b735efef

https://gyazo.com/d67b554cbbd6158744b16cff9c55c8f7

Natural resource cartel location #2: https://gyazo.com/98c27e24d479b620d63d8b0f575f3afe

https://gyazo.com/f87b989f1303503a785ba84444770cb5

Another idea I had was city turfs. The general idea is like gang turfs. A city or landmark near a city will turns into a red zone and allows for capture. If captured the winner will collect a tax on EVERYTHING (illegal(drug & wong), legal( garage fees, weapon store, selling or buying with any trader)) sold or bought within the city they fought for. There will be 4 city turfs (Kavala, Sofia, Athira, and Pyrgos) Only one city turf can be active at a time. I have no idea how long they should last and how often they should pop.

Just an idea here but I'm thinking maybe even allowing the APD to compete for these city turfs  in hope to make fights feel different and fresh every time they pop. The APD can either get the tax or a check like they do when winning a federal event as their reward. (When a city turf capture zone is active no federal events may be started to give cops the break from being raped at federal events.)

These are just ideas for locations for fights and I'm sure you all can think of better places for the fights but I'm just spit balling some ideas here. 

KAVALA TURF:

Kavala castle: https://gyazo.com/5b4ef8490cd712545f0fece8a0b04a95

Kavala square: https://gyazo.com/5b4ef8490cd712545f0fece8a0b04a95

ATHIRA TURF:

Make the city Athira the turf.

North athira military base: https://gyazo.com/9a252a165778917444c6c8abddf79a21

SOFIA TURF:

Make the city Sofia the turf.

Sofia Military base: https://gyazo.com/2015a3c9f0a0586998076fad7c363cdd

https://gyazo.com/b2dd4acb61c9119fe9167a580cebcae3

PYRGOS TURF:

Make the city Pyrgos the turf

Maybe west Pyrgos island: https://gyazo.com/622fc7dc395f0c779e95416c9c3d9a2d

https://gyazo.com/9230ee24064bc777df572428d9122147

Additional notes. In my opinion making the turfs within the city itself would make the turf war a lot more accessible to new gangs and players that want to get into fights. Only problems would be having a player spawn being a red zone which could also dishearten brand new players. The issue with putting it outside the city itself is that new players will not get involved with the fights (similarly to  cartels) and it’ll end up being a fight between two big gangs like it always has. I think if the fight is outside the city it’ll end up getting boring just like all the other cartels IMO.

Also, if the city turf is in the city, I would highly recommend making it a moving capture zone within the turf similar to how “codefourgaming” KOTH servers have a moving priority zone. This would stop players from just camping a flag location (gang turfs) or stagnating capture zone (cartels). In all honesty stagnant zones make fights boring, predictable and less dynamic. Moving zones would ultimately balance the fights between defenders and attackers. If that is too hard to develop you can have it where there are multiple flag within a city turf and they must be captured like gang turf flags BUT they will randomly rotate four times during the city turf capture time and players must capture the new priority flag that pops. ( Example capture event last for 30 minutes. Every 7 and a half minutes players must push a new flag location in the  city turf to  start gaining more points.) Whoever has the most cumulative percentage during flag capture wins the city turf.

love