I really hate battleye

Guest Doomba

wU5lbVN.jpg

Normally I play on a laptop but I sold it to build a new gaming desktop
So figured I'd just make a windows VM on my server and pass through a GPU so I could game while I wait on parts to arrive and paypal to release my money. But nooope.

I have a few ideas to bypass this but I dont wanna risk another "Windows test mode ban" situation so I'll be afk for a few weeks probably.

What's with anticheats getting more and more invasive? This wasnt a thing a year ago. I already mask the VM's signature in order to get my GPU drivers working, so it's gotta dig pretty deep into the kernel to even determine I'm using a VM. I'm not sure what level of control a server owner has over BE but @Jesse is it possible to whitelist Virtual Machines for a few weeks so I can play while I wait?

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

We have no control over this....

BE doesn't allow virtual machines running. Games like PUBG & EFT people would run VMs to capture network traffic and make radar cheats, etc with it. It's great they don't allow it.

So instead of encrypting their network traffic they install a rootkit on your machine to determine if you are using a VM or not. Neat. In my researching on this issue it has a lot of Linux gamers mad as hell lmao

16 hours ago, Doomba said:

So instead of encrypting their network traffic they install a rootkit on your machine to determine if you are using a VM or not. Neat. In my researching on this issue it has a lot of Linux gamers mad as hell lmao

I don't know this shit exactly, but i mean they must have a proper reason for doing this i assume cause as jesse stated a lot of big games do it, and i am sure they know what they are doing.

11 hours ago, wollie35 said:

I don't know this shit exactly, but i mean they must have a proper reason for doing this i assume cause as jesse stated a lot of big games do it, and i am sure they know what they are doing.

Battleye is the only anti cheat that blocks Virtual Machines as far as I'm aware. That covers Arma 3, PUBG, EFT, DayZ, R6 Siege. If people are using network captures to interpret data for hacks, you fix that by encrypting the network data, instead of cutting off legit gamers.  I used to game exclusively on a VM, there's a good 20k people who do the same. This block means it wont work on services like GeForce Now or Shadow for example (unless they work out a deal to whitelist), as they use virtual machines.

A good example would be like Battleye suddenly blocking anyone with an intel processor as they can be exploited via SPECTRE/Meltdown to inject code at ring 0 instead of changing their anti cheat to detect ring 0 code execution. The butthurt would be massive, as half or more of the gaming community would vanish overnight. The only reason there isn't more outrage is the overlap between arma players and VM users is small.

It's also not a fix for the stated issues, as someone autistic enough to use a VM for hacking can also figure out how to capture network traffic from the router end and achieve the same thing.

But on a side note, my new parts are all arriving tomorrow so it's not a huge deal to me. Thought I'd have to wait a lot longer to get my Asylum fix

Edited by Doomba
Didnt wanna double post