Cops upcharging on tickets is crazy.

I keep running into cops that are throwing the book at me, then charging full tickets.  I mean if you rob the fed reserve, you get a 10k bounty added automatically. If you rob a bank, you get a bounty, if you kill someone, you get a bounty, if you restrain someone who is not your bounty target, you get a bounty....  If you shoot at an officer, sure you get an attempted manslaughter charge tacked on. but when you are sitting there and they start adding on tickets such as kidnapping, then failure to comply, then x... y.... z..... and you literally watch a 1.5k bounty with attempted manslaughter become over a 40k ticket.. this is just special.  Are they allowed to actually do that? 

17 hours ago, Madmar1009 said:

I keep running into cops that are throwing the book at me, then charging full tickets.  I mean if you rob the fed reserve, you get a 10k bounty added automatically. If you rob a bank, you get a bounty, if you kill someone, you get a bounty, if you restrain someone who is not your bounty target, you get a bounty....  If you shoot at an officer, sure you get an attempted manslaughter charge tacked on. but when you are sitting there and they start adding on tickets such as kidnapping, then failure to comply, then x... y.... z..... and you literally watch a 1.5k bounty with attempted manslaughter become over a 40k ticket.. this is just special.  Are they allowed to actually do that? 

They literally have to charge you with everything you did, so yes.  However, be chill and RP out your charges and they are actually required to lower your ticket at their discretion.  So give good RP and even though it gets to 40k you get a big reduction usually. 

Blake. likes this
38 minutes ago, danile666 said:

They literally have to charge you with everything you did, so yes.  However, be chill and RP out your charges and they are actually required to lower your ticket at their discretion.  So give good RP and even though it gets to 40k you get a big reduction usually. 

Unless two letters DS is in front of your name,your just fucked lol

Also more serious note,max jail time is like 25-30 min an if you press plates can be out in like 10min....So its not tooo bad..

Panda likes this
20 hours ago, danile666 said:

That's just it. One time I literally walked up to a cop and started talking to him, he walked up behind me and restrained me. Ok. I was basically turning myself in, but when I got dragged to HQ, another cop processed me and charged me with resisting arrest and a bunch of other nonsense, I literally waked up to the cop unarmed and let him restrain me with out being down.... Then I roleplayed my ticket to the second cop and still got up-charged, then charged a full ticket. If I had just gone to the courthouse and paid my ticket, I would have paid 1/4 of what I got charged in the end...  I have two things pending in apd-internal affairs, but have little hope anything will be 'handled' about any of it. 

The last two got tossed aside because they couldn't tell who was talking.... as a cop literally threw me straight into jail without offering a ticket.... who cares who was talking, he didn't even offer a ticket, just sent me straight to jail. But maybe this time something will happen? 

Edited by Madmar1009
On 11/29/2020 at 7:32 AM, Madmar1009 said:

That's just it. One time I literally walked up to a cop and started talking to him, he walked up behind me and restrained me. Ok. I was basically turning myself in, but when I got dragged to HQ, another cop processed me and charged me with resisting arrest and a bunch of other nonsense, I literally waked up to the cop unarmed and let him restrain me with out being down.... Then I roleplayed my ticket to the second cop and still got up-charged, then charged a full ticket. If I had just gone to the courthouse and paid my ticket, I would have paid 1/4 of what I got charged in the end...  I have two things pending in apd-internal affairs, but have little hope anything will be 'handled' about any of it. 

The last two got tossed aside because they couldn't tell who was talking.... as a cop literally threw me straight into jail without offering a ticket.... who cares who was talking, he didn't even offer a ticket, just sent me straight to jail. But maybe this time something will happen? 

I mean in any group you are going to have a bad bunch.  All you can do is make the IA's and try to stay away from the bad cops.  

Ragnar Hellraker likes this