The Altis Police Department is broken.

The Altis Police Department is broken  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want change in the APD?

• Yes
    • No

To the community of Asylum,

The Altis Police Department hierarchy is broken. The interview process is just a joke, some people wait months for interviews and other don't even get the chance. The Lieutenants in charge of doing these interviews could care less, there are people that want to take the police seriously my self included. The APD needs a ranking restructure, we need Lieutenants that will actually give you the time of day for a response when you wait for your interview hours on end. My fellow Asylum residents I ask you, vote for change the future of asylum rides on it. 

Thanks,

Harold Jennings

Edited by Harold
Lightbulb likes this

Actual APD problems and solutions:

• Cadets learn degenerate policing practices from Constables through strict half-ticketing, insta-seizing, and lack of roleplay. Only "higher-ups" should be able to take on cadets.
  • Activity for higher-ups should be on a weekly basis with exceptions due to extenuating circumstances to prevent that end-of-month rush
  • Interviews/Ride-alongs should be scheduled.
  • To disincentive officers offering lower tickets, payouts should be of the full amount (pre-ticket)
  • Lack of incentive to protect civs in large populated towns due to too much federal event spam and inability to gain control of situations. Decrease federal event spam and increase fire-power of officers (Constable Carrier-lights for example).
Edited by Maric
2 hours ago, Harold said:

The Altis Police Department hierarchy is broken. The interview process is just a joke, some people wait months for interviews and other don't even get the chance. The Lieutenants in charge of doing these interviews could care less, there are people that want to take the police seriously my self included. The APD needs a ranking restructure, we need Lieutenants that will actually give you the time of day for a response when you wait for your interview hours on end. My fellow Asylum residents I ask you, vote for change the future of asylum rides on it. 

Thanks,

Harold Jennings

Did you try sitting in the interview lobby with a girls name? It'll go much faster 

5 hours ago, Harold said:

Thanks,

Harold Jennings

Just let it die dude, they will fall like romans.

18 hours ago, Maric said:

• Cadets learn degenerate policing practices from Constables through strict half-ticketing, insta-seizing, and lack of roleplay. Only "higher-ups" should be able to take on cadets.
  • Activity for higher-ups should be on a weekly basis with exceptions due to extenuating circumstances to prevent that end-of-month rush
  • To disincentive officers offering lower tickets, payouts should be of the full amount (pre-ticket)
  • Lack of incentive to protect civs in large populated towns due to too much federal event spam and inability to gain control of situations. Decrease federal event spam and increase fire-power of officers (Constable Carrier-lights for example).

Some of us play this game for fun not a full time job. I get on to have fun not do higher up stuff for 8 hours a day. Now i understand by me taking this sgt spot takes a little more work than being a constable or corp, but i still want to be able to have fun on the game.

Sentinel likes this
18 minutes ago, Nathan_ said:

Some of us play this game for fun not a full time job. I get on to have fun not do higher up stuff for 8 hours a day. Now i understand by me taking this sgt spot takes a little more work than being a constable or corp, but i still want to be able to have fun on the game.

None of these suggestions turn this into a full time job.

Kawaii and ФLimФ like this
Just now, Maric said:

Having dedicated times in which players can expect to be able to complete interviews and exams seems completely reasonable. Small block of time.

Atleast for me with ridealongs if someone messages me on discord or TS i let them know if i am willing to do one or not. Scheduling stuff never works, at the end of the day its a video game we all get on to have fun not make it a job. The problem with scheduling stuff is if something comes up and the higher up isnt there it makes more people mad. I dont really see a wait issue right now anyways. 

Sentinel and Ryan. like this
6 minutes ago, Nathan_ said:

Atleast for me with ridealongs if someone messages me on discord or TS i let them know if i am willing to do one or not. Scheduling stuff never works, at the end of the day its a video game we all get on to have fun not make it a job. The problem with scheduling stuff is if something comes up and the higher up isnt there it makes more people mad. I dont really see a wait issue right now anyways. 

How unbelievable for people who hold a senior rank to have more responsibilities? Why not just have it so people can schedule their own time? Of course you don't see an issue for something you haven't had to do for a very long time.

Qtipp likes this
28 minutes ago, Maric said:

How unbelievable for people who hold a senior rank to have more responsibilities? Why not just have it so people can schedule their own time? Of course you don't see an issue for something you haven't had to do for a very long time.

I think a bigger problem is people who do ride alongs only do them to deny people. to keep a quota...  Also the fact its run by psychotic sycophantic children.

2 hours ago, Maric said:

Scheduling stuff hasn't worked in the past and will never work if someone needs a ride along grab someone that's on. if you cant because they wont do it that's a different issue.

ФLimФ likes this
1 minute ago, Nathan_ said:

Scheduling stuff hasn't worked in the past and will never work if someone needs a ride along grab someone that's on. if you cant because they wont do it that's a different issue.

Sounds more like you struggle month to month to do you bare minimum responsibilities to keep that rank of yours. I get that you'd lose it if they increased them in any way.

ФLimФ likes this
Just now, Maric said:

Sounds more like you struggle month to month to do you bare minimum responsibilities to keep that rank of yours. I get that you'd lose it if they increased them in any way.

You have no clue what goes on behind the scenes you see the hopping on cop shit. There is way more than just that I'm not gonna start argument over that. Trust me I'm not one of those people that just does the bare minimum to keep my rank. In fact I hate people like that. Now I understand shit happens people have lifes and we shouldn't take there rank because they had to deal with IRL stuff for one month. I guess the reason I don't understand the issue is because when I see a RA I usually take it unless I know I'm to tired to be able to give a good ride along. Look this is my advice move up the ranks and understand what we deal with on the daily and then try and make some change don't just sit outside of the room saying that the inside is terrible. Now I am not saying that the APD doesn't have problems because trust me there is plenty but to be able to fix those you have to understand those problems then try and make a fix for them. If you don't understand what goes on behind the scenes it will never work.

ФLimФ likes this
45 minutes ago, Nathan_ said:

You have no clue what goes on behind the scenes you see the hopping on cop shit. There is way more than just that I'm not gonna start argument over that. Trust me I'm not one of those people that just does the bare minimum to keep my rank. In fact I hate people like that. Now I understand shit happens people have lifes and we shouldn't take there rank because they had to deal with IRL stuff for one month. I guess the reason I don't understand the issue is because when I see a RA I usually take it unless I know I'm to tired to be able to give a good ride along. Look this is my advice move up the ranks and understand what we deal with on the daily and then try and make some change don't just sit outside of the room saying that the inside is terrible. Now I am not saying that the APD doesn't have problems because trust me there is plenty but to be able to fix those you have to understand those problems then try and make a fix for them. If you don't understand what goes on behind the scenes it will never work.

23 hours ago, Maric said:

You've thus far argued against only one of my five proposed problems and solutions. The whole "you don't understand how things are since you're not on the inside argument" doesn't work since the APD has had plenty an opportunity to improve and has failed to do so. Obviously change doesn't happen internally and thus external pressures are needed.

ФLimФ likes this
On 12/23/2020 at 7:39 PM, Harold said:

Thanks,

Harold Jennings

you sound like a BLM protestor gross 

Sheriff Rick and ФLimФ like this
On 12/23/2020 at 8:12 PM, Harold said:

I've spoken with other members of the community that were accepted a month ago and have not got an interview yet.

that's because they don't want to take their time and wait in a ts channel to get interviewed, I understand what your saying but if you care so much to make an application to the APD and you get accepted, then you should actually go for the interview which means you WAIT in a teamspeak channel not sit there for 10 minutes once a week and pray for the best.

On 12/25/2020 at 1:29 AM, Maric said:

You've thus far argued against only one of my five proposed problems and solutions. The whole "you don't understand how things are since you're not on the inside argument" doesn't work since the APD has had plenty an opportunity to improve and has failed to do so. Obviously change doesn't happen internally and thus external pressures are needed.

I'll give you insight into the room.

The biggest thing higher ups have to deal with are from my experience in the PAST.

Sgt's:

People not wanting to listen to them because they usually can't handle the situation properly and either are a "IM A SGT AND WE DO IT LIKE THIS OR YOU GET IN TROUBLE" or a "Hey guys can you like please listen to me for a seconds instead of talking over me constantly? No? Oke... I get it..."And then they get mad and have to deal with a bunch of angry constables and such and then the Sgt's try to report and nothing gets out of it and from that point on they'll get bullied.

Lt's: 

Dumb people. Literally just dumb people.

Oh and the people breaking rules and getting angry for getting disciplined for breaking said rules and they complain "It's just a game y u taking it so serious bro." when they don't understand that even in a game rules are rules and they are there for reasons, you break ehm you deal with it. Nothing special. But they don't understand that and get angry. I actually also classify this as dumb people.

Being an Lt is just explaining to people why the thing they did was wrong for 2 hours because they try to prove their point which is also wrong.

Honestly Sgt's have it really good, they don't have shit for "work" except for their activities which also aren't allot of hassle just take a little bit of time but you know that when you become a Sgt. They barely have any influence on the "Behind the scene's" and usually just give advice cause they "USUALLY" play more often then the Lt's. 

Lt's have "behind the scene's" shit to deal with for example IA's but Sgt's don't have any real stuff that you can classify "Behind the scene's" except for if they make a report which at that point is just as much behind the scene's as a civ making it, only difference being that the Sgt's can see what disciplinary action got taken.

On 12/23/2020 at 5:19 PM, Maric said:

Gaining control of populated towns has nothing to due with federal event spams, the reason cops dont deal with larger cities and im assuming you mean Kavala is because if you go to a larger populated city you deal with mass amounts of kids sitting in locked houses with tasers. If you want cops to come to those cities more often Sergeants need to be able to open locked doors this is not raiding a house its just opening a door to get the victim out and then leaving. but im sure that wont happen because for some odd reason that is to OP and sitting in a locked house where no one can reach you isn't. 

jsh likes this
46 minutes ago, Zurph said:

Gaining control of populated towns has nothing to due with federal event spams, the reason cops dont deal with larger cities and im assuming you mean Kavala is because if you go to a larger populated city you deal with mass amounts of kids sitting in locked houses with tasers. If you want cops to come to those cities more often Sergeants need to be able to open locked doors this is not raiding a house its just opening a door to get the victim out and then leaving. but im sure that wont happen because for some odd reason that is to OP and sitting in a locked house where no one can reach you isn't. 

Get your flashbangs. Cops have the cheapest form of taking down houses when you remove 50. cal trucks.

1 hour ago, manhua said:

you ,, cao   ni  ma 

I want to be a policeman, but I can't speak fluent English, so I suggest canceling the rule that I need to speak fluent English. lol

Yo facts we need some more Dragon in the APD. I haven’t heard someone initiate via google translate in over a week. Wo ai ni

hey would just like to say i sat in the teamspeak for a total of 2 hours and got an interview/promoted to cadet. and it was the same way for me 5 years ago. i got blacklisted over some BS once too, and very quickly was able to get into contact with an LT. besides, they have to limit how many cadets they have at once, or else you end up with 5 cadets and 3 higher ups online with fed events popping everywhere.