Gang Textures

All,

As some of you have asked privately about gang/group textures being added. I have had some time to think it over. I came up with a rough idea that I wanted your input on. 

If we are going to add skins to the server, I want to make sure that everyone has the ability to use them as limiting the people who are able to purchase and use the skins is a terrible waste of space and resources on the server. So the idea is simple. 

If a gang/group wants to have their name represented on the server they would be responsible for the creation of the skin. If it was approved to be added. It would follow this. 

Gang submits skin with the understanding that once it's added, anyone will be able to purchase the skin and be able to use it. 

The time the skin is on the server and able to be used will be 2 months. Each gang can submit 2 skins. Either two vehicles, or one vehicle and one clothing item such as pilots. 

Bob decides he wants to sport the DS skin, he purchases each skin for $10. So if Bob wishes to spend $20 he can unlock both gang skins for the duration they are on the server. 

At the end of the two months from being added, if we have other groups or gangs that want their stuff added, the oldest gang will be removed from rotation and the new group will be added. If bob wants to sport the new gang textures, he will make a new purchase for the skin (s). 

If we don't have any new groups that want their stuff added, the oldest group will have their time extended by two weeks until there is a submission from another group. 

The gang/group leader will be responsible for proving that they are the dedicated leader for their group. And they will be afforded the skin at no charge. 

Let me know your thoughts!

3 minutes ago, Junker said:

So after 2 months your gang submitted textures will be removed from the server forever, Or can you resubmit them or will they just be rotated and eventually will re appear on the server again?

Good question. Once a skin is out of rotation the gang would need to resubmit it. Ideally the resubmission would be a refreshed and updated gang skin to help keep things looking fresh. Users would repurchase the skin from the store.

Junke likes this
43 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Bob decides he wants to sport the DS skin, he purchases each skin for $10. So if Bob wishes to spend $20 he can unlock both gang skins for the duration they are on the server. 

Last question, no matter if they made and submitted the skin, or are in the gang or not. Everyone needs to pay $10 per skin in order to purchase it in game?

1 hour ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Bob is a fucking dumbass, who the fuck would rep a drunksquad skin?

Edited by Bag
8 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

If we are going to add skins to the server, I want to make sure that everyone has the ability to use them as limiting the people who are able to purchase and use the skins is a terrible waste of space and resources on the server. So the idea is simple. 

4 hours ago, danile666 said:

I think make a certain license for specific skins, would be a bit silly for a gang to put a skin in that anyone can use, should be tied to the gang.  

6 hours ago, TNT said:

What the fuck... Gang skins, really?!? More useless skins instead of real content.

smh 

Uhhh hello? Did you read the post at all?

ФLimФ likes this
42 minutes ago, Glass of Water said:

wouldn't it make more sense to permanently unlock the skin for use if you buy it within the window?

You would have it unlocked during the window. So if you you buy skin X during its 2 month rotation, you would have the ability to use that skin while its on the server. Once its removed and replaced with a new skin. You would need to purchase the new skin when its added. I think that answers your question?

Glass of Water likes this
2 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Uhhh hello? Did you read the post at all?

Well yeah, thats why I suggested removing the random Bob from buying the skin from the store for 10 dollar.  Just make it a gang only thing is my suggestion, not an anyone on the server can touch your gangs stuff.  IDK, just makes more sense to me that way is all.  

27 minutes ago, danile666 said:

Well yeah, thats why I suggested removing the random Bob from buying the skin from the store for 10 dollar.  Just make it a gang only thing is my suggestion, not an anyone on the server can touch your gangs stuff.  IDK, just makes more sense to me that way is all.  

That's exactly what I am avoiding. I would rather add skins to the server that everyone can use if wanted. Its a waste of space to add a skin that only a select few can use.. we don't have unlimited space on the mission file. So what images we add we need to be smart with. If arma handled images and such differently than i would be open to that idea. 

1 hour ago, TNT said:

I did read your post.
You wanna bloat up the mission file with more useless skins instead of adding actual content.

You can get skins down to like 70kb and below and they will still look fine in game

Also feel like letting everyone have access to a gang Ifrit skin or w/e ruins the uniqueness of it

@Space Space flight school plane?

Edited by Mason Statham
Walt, Tea., Space and 1 other like this
23 hours ago, danile666 said:

I think make a certain license for specific skins, would be a bit silly for a gang to put a skin in that anyone can use, should be tied to the gang.  

12 hours ago, Mason Statham said:

Also feel like letting everyone have access to a gang Ifrit skin or w/e ruins the uniqueness of it

Exactly this. If a gang is going to go through the time to actually make a skin, I wouldn't want the skin(s) to be available to everyone otherwise it ruins the whole point and there basically just a free designer for you..

Edited by Tea.
On 12/29/2020 at 5:31 PM, TheRealLethal said:

heres a crazy idea. now hear me out, revert to pre 6.0 asylum, no skins, no bullshit. make asylum fun again. (off topic i know, but i yearn for 2014 asylum)

As much as I loved my time playing pre 6.0 which was only about 6-7 months, (I think) there would be a lack of legit content that wouldn't be in place. As two simple examples, the bank and the evidence lock up would be gone. In addition, making money would quite literally be monumentally more time consuming. If I remember correctly pre 6.0 a hemmt gave you 120k?(1.2 mil back then.) The fed payout was also far less. Now certainly that doesn't mean that balancing changes would be inherently entirely reverted as well however there would be less to do. Might I remind you how much a large number of the veteran players are completely sick and tired of making money.

I think what we all miss about pre 6.0 was having 4 altis servers and one stratis server that were absolutely popping the fuck off. Every large gang had their own home server. There was pretty much always a cartel fight to be had on one of the servers. The fights with cops were ridiculously fun and endless as well because there was so many of them.

Abu likes this

gang leader pays 10 usd a month for his gang to use 1 skin, if he doesn't pay the next month it gets removed... leader is responsible for the gang... makes more sense than paying 100 usd in order for every mate in bob's gang to rep DS ... make it 20 usd a month idc it's 2 usd for all of bob's 9 friends a month and people will actually be interrested.

34 minutes ago, Trisix said:

gang leader pays 10 usd a month for his gang to use 1 skin, if he doesn't pay the next month it gets removed... leader is responsible for the gang... makes more sense than paying 100 usd in order for every mate in bob's gang to rep DS ... make it 20 usd a month idc it's 2 usd for all of bob's 9 friends a month and people will actually be interrested.

but then mitch makes less money