APD Change Proposal

APD Armor change  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Should this Madrid be added?

• Yes and Civs can lockpick and use it.
    • Yes, Civs CANNOT use it, but will be rewarded with money upon destroying it
    • No

Hello all,

I was asked by APD leadership about the possibility of adding a new vehicle to be used during federal events. We are seeing issues with many officers not quite making it to the fight. This vehicle would be used to help transport officers to key positions to contest the robbery etc. Only a Captain would be able to pull it and once it's used at a fight they would not be able to bring another one. 

I have concerns that if it falls into the hands of Civs that havoc will be caused with it. The windows can be penetrated with 7.62, the body with .50 cal and the tires shot out with most weapons (?).There are small windows at the front and the back, and a few on the side. It holds a total of 10 people. it has a top speed of 108 km/h. When Officers dismount they are discharged at the rear of the vehicle. 

I tried to push a bank today with it and while pushing the main building someone was able to shoot me down to 2% health. 

What are your thoughts or concerns on this?

Please understand that this isn't some guaranteed to happen. Just looking into it and thinking it over. 

Just now, John Lemmon said:

Alright explain to me how you counter it. And @Mitch (IFRIT)please come do one federal event with us whenever its a captain online, you will understand that this shit sounds dumb as fuck

7.62 rips through the windows. Almost got tapped out of it on my way to bank. 2 percent. Wheels can get shot to stop it

Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

7.62 rips through the windows. Almost got tapped out of it on my way to bank. 2 percent. Wheels can get shot to stop it

50 cal also rips through the armor

A vest, speed bomb

Yuki Hayami, Junke and MysticLion like this

If cops get madrids i think then evidence can maybe be fixed a little. You have to wait for 10 cops twice. I get how initially you need 10 cops but after you shut down the defenses you need to wait for 10 cops again and by then the cops have already rage quit. If Madrids are added i think that the amount of cops on for that second part of evidence should be either removed or lessened.

Edited by Junker
Rycheee likes this

Adding some info about the Marid from our testing and the Cpts reasons behind their request:

10 Crew total - 1 Driver, 1 Commander, 8 Passengers. Driver/Command disembark via their respective sides. 8 Passengers all exit at the rear door.

6 Tires - 1.5 Mags of 6.5+ to Destroy wheel, .5 mag of 6.5+ to deflate. Wheels are fairly weak and hitting any obstacle at half speed or greater (IE: chicken wire fence, tree, wall ect.) will break the wheels. 

Ballistic Info - 7.62 Does not pen armored sides. 7.62 Does pen glass view panels on front and rear of the vehicle 1-2 shots to break glass (These windows are small, front view ports are best shot thru at elevated angle). 1 RPG to front to blow up, 2 RPG rounds to sides/rear to blow up. .50 Cal fully pen's all parts of vehicle.

Top speed - 108kph (very slow acceleration)

Armor V Armor - When hitting from the side/front panel wheels often are destroyed. Marid is also very top heavy and prone to rolling. Avoid the direct front and all of the rear when ramming.

Turret removed (obv)

Proposed Cost - $80,000 (Destroy/Chop Value would be $40,000) , Limited to Cpt 

Rules of engagement - Could only be pulled for Federal Events, This is not a first push vehicle. Would be used after a situation was assessed and determined greater armor is needed in-order to engage. Likely would only see this used at Bank and Prison. Too slow and not maneuverable enough for Lockup or Shipping Robbery. Federal Reserve could have it's uses but would be rarer than Bank/Prison.

The Cpts goal for adding this vehicle would be in situations where they are outgunned to be able to actually deliver officers to CQC areas. IE: not getting 1-2 shot out of the current armored vehicles apd has access to.

Nickname : The Doom Turtle

51 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Hello all,

I was asked by APD leadership about the possibility of adding a new vehicle to be used during federal events. We are seeing issues with many officers not quite making it to the fight. This vehicle would be used to help transport officers to key positions to contest the robbery etc. Only a Captain would be able to pull it and once it's used at a fight they would not be able to bring another one. 

I have concerns that if it falls into the hands of Civs that havoc will be caused with it. The windows can be penetrated with 7.62, the body with .50 cal and the tires shot out with most weapons (?).There are small windows at the front and the back, and a few on the side. It holds a total of 10 people. it has a top speed of 108 km/h. When Officers dismount they are discharged at the rear of the vehicle. 

I tried to push a bank today with it and while pushing the main building someone was able to shoot me down to 2% health. 

What are your thoughts or concerns on this?

Please understand that this isn't some guaranteed to happen. Just looking into it and thinking it over. 

So this thing is honestly just a transport vehicle.  It is so weak that it only serves to get people from point A to point B.  Literally every piece of armor disables it in armor V armor.  

There is literally nothing a Civ can do with it that will cause any issues.  

Haven't seen a single legitimate concern about this being brought in.  Just salty people not wanting more stuff for cops.  

MysticLion and Yuki Hayami like this
12 minutes ago, Leady said:

Adding some info about the Marid from our testing and the Cpts reasons behind their request:

10 Crew total - 1 Driver, 1 Commander, 8 Passengers. Driver/Command disembark via their respective sides. 8 Passengers all exit at the rear door.

6 Tires - 1.5 Mags of 6.5+ to Destroy wheel, .5 mag of 6.5+ to deflate. Wheels are fairly weak and hitting any obstacle at half speed or greater (IE: chicken wire fence, tree, wall ect.) will break the wheels. 

Ballistic Info - 7.62 Does not pen armored sides. 7.62 Does pen glass view panels on front and rear of the vehicle 1-2 shots to break glass (These windows are small, front view ports are best shot thru at elevated angle). 1 RPG to front to blow up, 2 RPG rounds to sides/rear to blow up. .50 Cal fully pen's all parts of vehicle.

Top speed - 108kph (very slow acceleration)

Armor V Armor - When hitting from the side/front panel wheels often are destroyed. Marid is also very top heavy and prone to rolling. Avoid the direct front and all of the rear when ramming.

Turret removed (obv)

Proposed Cost - $80,000 (Destroy/Chop Value would be $40,000) , Limited to Cpt 

Rules of engagement - Could only be pulled for Federal Events, This is not a first push vehicle. Would be used after a situation was assessed and determined greater armor is needed in-order to engage. Likely would only see this used at Bank and Prison. Too slow and not maneuverable enough for Lockup or Shipping Robbery. Federal Reserve could have it's uses but would be rarer than Bank/Prison.

The Cpts goal for adding this vehicle would be in situations where they are outgunned to be able to actually deliver officers to CQC areas. IE: not getting 1-2 shot out of the current armored vehicles apd has access to.

Nickname : The Doom Turtle

You are making rules for the captains, that doesnt need to obey the cop rules? nice makes sense

smellypig, Good Lub, Oskarr and 2 others like this
1 minute ago, Leady said:

Don't Disagree. There were ideas that post testing, which would of been cpt only that it might get moved to swat or other ranks.

please do. We swat whitelists get one life at fed events. We cant buy mags for half our guns (Which i made a report on 2 months ago and havent heard anything back on) WE need something better then the hunter or strider that we get one tapped out of constantly. Along with shipping robberies. We get swat then only have it for 10 minutes during that event.

4 minutes ago, Yuki Hayami said:

please do. We swat whitelists get one life at fed events. We cant buy mags for half our guns (Which i made a report on 2 months ago and havent heard anything back on) WE need something better then the hunter or strider that we get one tapped out of constantly. Along with shipping robberies. We get swat then only have it for 10 minutes during that event.

In my opinion I think the hunter and strider are fine for swat. I don't think most officers know how to push with armor.

matthew666 and Yuki Hayami like this