i9-9900k kavala avg fps?

王 rando 王

32 minutes ago, 王 rando 王 said:

okay, yea I got basically same specs except the cpu rn, still rocking my overclocked i7-4790k and I get maybe a few FPS less than that. Still tho, i9 9900ks are cheap enough to still upgrade right now

makes all the difference in all other games

6 hours ago, 王 rando 王 said:

okay, yea I got basically same specs except the cpu rn, still rocking my overclocked i7-4790k and I get maybe a few FPS less than that. Still tho, i9 9900ks are cheap enough to still upgrade right now

id go for it. will help in other games and other places apart from kav... idk if u ever leave kav tho

• 5 weeks later...

I think this game multiplayer wise is severely limited by something other than hardware (although CPU is very important).

My AMD 3900 (12 core), RTX 3080, and 970 EVO Plus NVME SDD, runs this game at 30-50 fps in kavala, 40-60 on a fresh restart. 90-144 fps outside of cities.

Pretty much the same FPS I was getting on my laptop with a 860m gpu, except now I can run everything at ultra. Lowering settings to the settings I had on the 860m still produce the same FPS (which is why I keep it at ultra). I would assume because of that, CPU bottleneck is the problem but I doubt that's the case with my 3900x, I just think Arma 3 does not take full advantage of the CPU because of the way it was programmed and on top of that, the server performance seems to affect client performance.

EDIT: I think I necro'd this thread. Sorry if that's the case.

Edited by Loui2
王 rando 王 likes this