They added Ads hahahhahahahhahaha

Calle.

yeah trying it out for a day. Got approved for them last year but never got around to adding them. IDK if it's worth it or not and the only way to see is by running them for a few days. It's a passive way for people to support us and if they are a bother just use an adblock like most do. 

Think if it this way @Calle. you can finally support the server for the first time 😂

1 minute ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

yeah trying it out for a day. Got approved for them last year but never got around to adding them. IDK if it's worth it or not and the only way to see is by running them for a few days. It's a passive way for people to support us and if they are a bother just use an adblock like most do. 

Think if it this way @Calle. you can finally support the server for the first time 😂

Oh, you have terminal cancer? Here's 15% off your loot crates.

Just now, Maric said:

What is the point of this increased monetization? What does the community get out of it?

My hope is that 1 of two things will happen. 

The revenue from it is enough that it will help offset the monthly goal, meaning that less is asked of the community each month. I strive to ensure that we have our bases covered for as long as we can in the event that things drop of or we run upon rough times. 

Second

The income in enough to help cover the cost of our second server that I hope to be used for our version of conquest, and other development items. I think we will be lucky to see 5 dollars in 2 days from these ads. But that over a months period would be noticeable enough to make it worth having to see. 

Like i said above, it's a passive way for the server to be supported with little to no action required of everyone. We could place it in a ton more locations and cause it to spam the screen. But I feel the minimalistic areas it's currently occupying are appropriate.

But at the end of the day if you don't like it, you can easily block them and not worry about it...   

There should be no issue with this. If you don't like ads, use an adblock. If you don't mind having a few ads to support Asylum then that is much appreciated! We understand everyone is not in a position to be able to financially contribute to the server. Ads are a way for people who cannot do so to help out the server! 

On 1/6/2021 at 12:27 PM, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

My hope is that 1 of two things will happen. 

The revenue from it is enough that it will help offset the monthly goal, meaning that less is asked of the community each month. I strive to ensure that we have our bases covered for as long as we can in the event that things drop of or we run upon rough times. 

Second

The income in enough to help cover the cost of our second server that I hope to be used for our version of conquest, and other development items. I think we will be lucky to see 5 dollars in 2 days from these ads. But that over a months period would be noticeable enough to make it worth having to see. 

Like i said above, it's a passive way for the server to be supported with little to no action required of everyone. We could place it in a ton more locations and cause it to spam the screen. But I feel the minimalistic areas it's currently occupying are appropriate.

But at the end of the day if you don't like it, you can easily block them and not worry about it...   

u wanna sell more items? sell all the cool shit for 5-10$ each rather than it being random. ppl would rather not even buy crates knowing they might not get anything good. id put $30-50 into ur server rn if i can get  csats/couple skins and turtle nvgs/helmet.

x10 

Edited by The Forgotten Legend

Every now an then you get reminded how much people are pricks......Mitch should start charging some of you to even talk on here,its crazy how far this server has come from a couple years ago an still people complain,not sure why but still blows my mind lmao.

Should just start mod que'ing

Good work too lol

Edited by DankBud
23 minutes ago, DankBud said:

Every now an then you get reminded how much people are pricks......Mitch should start charging some of you to even talk on here,its crazy how far this server has come from a couple years ago an still people complain,not sure why but still blows my mind lmao.

Should just start mod que'ing

Good work too lol

Simp

Tyrone Darnell and DankBud like this
43 minutes ago, Joshhh said:

against bohemia regulations for them to do that

How it it against regulations? They aren't making you pay in-game money to get something that donators are guaranteed to get for 10 dollars, they would be making cosmetics a base price instead of chance

Edited by Copa
2 hours ago, Copa said:

How it it against regulations? They aren't making you pay in-game money to get something that donators are guaranteed to get for 10 dollars, they would be making cosmetics a base price instead of chance

this guy is asking to be able to buy pilot covs etc for a set price, that is against bohemias rules