Cop ifrits  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Should civs be able to claim cop ifrits

I am not entirely opposed to APD ifrits being claimable there are just a few things.

• Could never keep the cop skin so as to prevent confusion for new players.
  • Claim price needs to be the same as a civ ifrit.
  • It would devalue the civ ifrit because as an LT on cop I do not have the fear of it being seized by the APD or another group taking and claiming it. I only have to worry about a rebel group taking my ifrit and claiming it. Because of this I am more likely to pull out an ifrit to push a bank. The more times I pull one, the more likely I am to lose one.
  • The ifrit was given to the APD as a counter for situations in which the APD is already struggling. This means we are generally going to pull them in situations which have a higher risk of losing them to rebels.
    • We already have the risk of them being lockpicked and used against us, taken and chopped, or taken and blown up. Being able to claim them would add the risk of that ifrit being used against the APD in future situations including times when the LT+ who originally pulled it isn't even online.
      • The APD has been struggling in recent times with being overloaded by the number of ifrits used against us. The APD ifrit is a counter, claiming could possibly compound this issue.

Personally I think right now should be more of a hold off and see how it plays out. Right now we have a new toy, that new toy will wear off and they will not be pulled half as frequently.

An idea came up while I was talking with other higherups as a counter if civs where given the ability to claim APD ifrits. Allow civ ifrits to be repurposed for APD use (cops claiming civ ifrits). I think a variation of this (if possible with code and honestly I doubt it because it would be a lot to track on the database) would be cool.

An APD ifrit is taken by rebels and claimed. Later on an LT+ captures that ifrit and takes it back to an HQ. Because it started out as an APD ifrit the LT+ is able to repossess the ifrit and take ownership of it. LT+s would not be able to repossess ifrits purchased from rebels, crafted or comped by the Admin Team.

Bherky and Stolas like this
12 hours ago, bbgreg17 said:

An APD ifrit is taken by rebels and claimed. Later on an LT+ captures that ifrit and takes it back to an HQ. Because it started out as an APD ifrit the LT+ is able to repossess the ifrit and take ownership of it. LT+s would not be able to repossess ifrits purchased from rebels, crafted or comped by the Admin Team.

i dont like the idea of this most of the events i go to the first thing i see when my group lose an ifrit is that a LT+ jump in to that ifrit and go back to the hq and this would be even worse if cops could claim it.

Copa, Zurph, Good Lub and 3 others like this
3 hours ago, Aslan said:

i dont like the idea of this most of the events i go to the first thing i see when my group lose an ifrit is that a LT+ jump in to that ifrit and go back to the hq and this would be even worse if cops could claim it.

I will say I've seen this too. I've been fighting cops and an lt yolos into the middle of a bad spot in his armor. Jumps out and yoinks an ifrit mid fight. It's super common. 

Make em same price as civ and claimable. Problem solved. 

Joshhh likes this
7 hours ago, Aslan said:

The claiming thing was simply an idea. As for an LT jumping into your ifrit and bailing with it, put more than one person in an ifrit? Stop us while we are heading back to HQ? Plan your tactics a little more when an LT is on?

3 hours ago, danile666 said:

Make em same price as civ and claimable. Problem solved. 

So I am confused, do you want APD pulling more armor or do you want them the same price as civ? APD is designed to lose more than civ and make less money than civ, to help offset that our gear is cheaper.

Stolas and PaytonR like this
8 hours ago, bbgreg17 said:

The claiming thing was simply an idea. As for an LT jumping into your ifrit and bailing with it, put more than one person in an ifrit? Stop us while we are heading back to HQ? Plan your tactics a little more when an LT is on?

So I am confused, do you want APD pulling more armor or do you want them the same price as civ? APD is designed to lose more than civ and make less money than civ, to help offset that our gear is cheaper.

I am completely ok with them being the same price as civs so its a tactical decision to pull them.  I also want them claimable because unclaimable stuff on the server is just a lame idea.  

With the changes to armor I do not believe its going to be an issue.  LTs will still want their fast armor, so will pull when needed.  everyone else that can pull armor can make their own decisions.  And theres swat armor too.  

On 1/8/2021 at 4:44 PM, bbgreg17 said:

I am not entirely opposed to APD ifrits being claimable there are just a few things.

• Could never keep the cop skin so as to prevent confusion for new players.
  • Claim price needs to be the same as a civ ifrit.
  • It would devalue the civ ifrit because as an LT on cop I do not have the fear of it being seized by the APD or another group taking and claiming it. I only have to worry about a rebel group taking my ifrit and claiming it. Because of this I am more likely to pull out an ifrit to push a bank. The more times I pull one, the more likely I am to lose one.
  • The ifrit was given to the APD as a counter for situations in which the APD is already struggling. This means we are generally going to pull them in situations which have a higher risk of losing them to rebels.
    • We already have the risk of them being lockpicked and used against us, taken and chopped, or taken and blown up. Being able to claim them would add the risk of that ifrit being used against the APD in future situations including times when the LT+ who originally pulled it isn't even online.
      • The APD has been struggling in recent times with being overloaded by the number of ifrits used against us. The APD ifrit is a counter, claiming could possibly compound this issue.

I Partially Agree with some of these, but when It comes down to it Its there "NEW TOY" and they're gonna want to use it. At the end of the day there will eventually be a Balance, but I personally believe they should be Claimable.

On 1/9/2021 at 8:38 PM, danile666 said:

I am completely ok with them being the same price as civs so its a tactical decision to pull them.  I also want them claimable because unclaimable stuff on the server is just a lame idea.  

Part of me says the APD have cheaper things because they're supposed to make Less money that Civs, Although They also Need Balanced the only way to do so is by giving them something to use IE this post. Make the Vehicle Claimable and we will still B*^c@ and complain its just what ends up happening because at the end of the day someone isn't happy

Edited by ItsAffinity
Added Color Code