Re: Advertisements/ Loot crate sale

Wanted to get a bumped post for you guys to be aware.

I recently implemented some google AdSense ads to the website to experiment with the potential for a free way for community members to support us. I am hoping that the ad placement is non invasive and doesn't interfere with you browsing the website. 

From the 24 hours of ads being active, we received just over $4.  

A member of the community approached me and recommended the Amazon Affiliate program. I was unaware this existed, but was excited to hear the programs potential. 

The tldr of it

If anyone shops on amazon and they use our link to get there. We will earn a "free" commission based off your purchase. There is no extra cost to you, we simply get a small percentage of your purchase from Amazons profits. I think the max is 6%, but the average looks to be 3%.

There aren't any product requirements from what I have read. You just use our link in the sidebar, or click on a Amazon Ad to get there. Search and purchase as you normally would. 

Due to the terms and conditions of the Affiliate Program we are unable to reward you for doing so. 

No ones data is being sent to us. 

I have also activated another 15% off coupon for store purchases. Use code Asylum15 at checkout to apply the discount. This coupon was added due to you guys smashing the goal so quickly this month. A huge shoutout to those who contributed you guys are awesome! (January 7th-14th)

Find & Share on GIPHY 

If you have questions or concerns please feel free to reach out.

-Mitch

You can read some of my comments on the ads in this thread there. 

On 1/7/2021 at 10:09 AM, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Wanted to get a bumped post for you guys to be aware.

I recently implemented some google AdSense ads to the website to experiment with the potential for a free way for community members to support us. I am hoping that the ad placement is non invasive and doesn't interfere with you browsing the website. 

From the 24 hours of ads being active, we received just over $4.  

A member of the community approached me and recommended the Amazon Affiliate program. I was unaware this existed, but was excited to hear the programs potential. 

The tldr of it

If anyone shops on amazon and they use our link to get there. We will earn a "free" commission based off your purchase. There is no extra cost to you, we simply get a small percentage of your purchase from Amazons profits. I think the max is 6%, but the average looks to be 3%.

There aren't any product requirements from what I have read. You just use our link in the sidebar, or click on a Amazon Ad to get there. Search and purchase as you normally would. 

Due to the terms and conditions of the Affiliate Program we are unable to reward you for doing so. 

No ones data is being sent to us. 

I have also activated another 15% off coupon for store purchases. Use code Asylum15 at checkout to apply the discount. This coupon was added due to you guys smashing the goal so quickly this month. A huge shoutout to those who contributed you guys are awesome! (January 7th-14th)

Find & Share on GIPHY 

If you have questions or concerns please feel free to reach out.

-Mitch

You can read some of my comments on the ads in this thread there. 

Alright Mitch... I'll turn my ad blocker off for you, but only cause I like you. Okay? take my ad money.

Mitch (IFRIT) likes this
On 1/11/2021 at 9:26 AM, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Thank you!

There should be a message at the top of the forums asking people to disable ad blocker on the forums, because personally if I saw one I would disable it only on this website like I just did after reading this thread. But a message would probably catch more people's attention.

Calle. and Mitch (IFRIT) like this
5 hours ago, mrkillalot8989 said:

There should be a message at the top of the forums asking people to disable ad blocker on the forums, because personally if I saw one I would disable it only on this website like I just did after reading this thread. But a message would probably catch more people's attention.

I will see what I can do. Good idea, and I appreciate you taking that step.