Changelog - Early/Mid March

Azeh

Mainly rolling this out to fix some things. There is a fair bit of content ready for testing/implementation which I chose to not include in this update.

Added:

• Completing drug runners will give XP.
  • Your vehicles will be marked on the map for the first 10 minutes after server restart (been a thing for a few weeks but not mentioned previously).
  • Keychain displays distance to vehicles/houses.
  • Another way to handle corpse cleanup.
  • The gang owner can transfer gang ownership to other gang members via the gang menu.
  • Lockpick custom control (custom 13).
  • CTRG Plate Carrier Rig Mk.1 (Light) to rebel. Armor Level III.
  • Donor 2:
    • Olive M900/Hummingbird skin.
  • Donor 3:
    • Black M900/Hummingbird skin.
    • NV Goggles (Tropic).
  • Donor 4:
    • Digital M900/Hummingbird skin.
  • Donor 5:
    • Light Combat Helmet (Woodland).

Changed/Tweaked:

• Fixed/broke some achievements.
  • Some changes to potentially increase client performance.
  • Slightly reduced smoke blur.
  • Reverted the arrest cap back to $175,000.

Fixed:

• Some map issues.
  • Some exploits.
  • Potentially fixed guns sometimes dropping on death which allowed others to pick them up.
TNT, Copa, Farmer Steve and 15 others like this
1 hour ago, Azeh said:

Reverted the arrest cap back to $175,000.

Why??? When I am on bounty hunter I work extremely hard to catch the big bounty's and now your taking away the ability to make back the money from the kitd and vics Iose fighting people with a mark 1s. 

I vote to bring back the one mil cap.

8 minutes ago, Nathan_ said:

At least fix the arrest cap back up to $1mil for cops.

Agreed. If civs abuse it they should be banned, if cops abuse it they should be blacklisted.

I'm not sure why the cap was brought back down, but if it was because people abused it, we shouldn't be punished for it. 

This limits the incentive to warrant. Bring 1 mil cap for cops.

Aside from the cap, the quality of life updates are the best thank you @Azeh

Edited by Bherky
3 minutes ago, Chase Gustavsen said:

Why??? When I am on bounty hunter I work extremely hard to catch the big bounty's and now your taking away the ability to make back the money from the kitd and vics Iose fighting people with a mark 1s. 

I think you should probably blame domestic abusers for this

1 hour ago, Chase Gustavsen said:

I'm not seeing how the ability to make money from bounty hunter was taken away when it was fine for the many years $175,000 was the cap? Even when loadout prices and vehicles prices were higher back then.

Farmer Steve and TNT like this
15 minutes ago, Azeh said:

I'm not seeing how the ability to make money from bounty hunter was taken away when it was fine for the many years $175,000 was the cap?

It's nice when you get a big bounty that you get all of it.  What is the problem exactly?

And if it is due to bounty boosting, why not just make the punishment more severe?  It's kinda a hard thing to catch and when I reported it the two people literally got a slap on the wrist and no reset or anything...which I think used to be the punishment.

Edited by Sheriff Rick
1 hour ago, Azeh said:

I'm not seeing how the ability to make money from bounty hunter was taken away when it was fine for the many years $175,000 was the cap? Even when loadout prices and vehicles prices were higher back then.

The problem isnt the bounty cap its the boosters if we being real. Not saying bounty hunting was ever a main way to make money but now it gives less incentive for newer players to even try to bounty hunt because who would waste 3  (17-20k) loadouts for the payout of 175k? While solving the problem of boosting you're  going to dry out the flavor of the game unless there's something else coming that we dont know about that's on that caliber of content replay-ability  

and if it is 175k for each bounty hunter, cop should not be 1m lmaoo that literally makes no sense.  You dont think cops bounty boost?

Edited by rockarhyme
Samus_Aran likes this

I think a good compromise could be changing the honor tree system and adding honor talents that require a shit ton of points to slowly max out the arrest cap. This way career bounty hunters shouldn't be affected but it would make it hard for people who use bh just for sharing/boosting to get it up and not completely make people think bounty hunting is pointless.

23 hours ago, KriSSu09 said:

I think a good compromise could be changing the honor tree system and adding honor talents that require a shit ton of points to slowly max out the arrest cap. This way career bounty hunters shouldn't be affected but it would make it hard for people who use bh just for sharing/boosting to get it up and not completely make people think bounty hunting is pointless.

+1

Why does it need to be at 175? If people are abusing it, why cant an admin team consisting of 20 people maintain such a massive part of this community's gameplay and keep it under check and issue penaltys to those who abuse it? This seems like a lazy band aid. 

Cops need reward for the time and effort put in, cops are required to attend to non stop federal events which is admittedly what they signed up to do, to enhance the civ's side experience, but that dont mean they need to be in a situation where 15 of them chase a shipping container for an hour fianally win one, get everybody in cuffs with some big ass 900K bountys, and get paid out nothing for it because of a few morons who should be easy to identify and punish for abusing the system. 

This was taken out because it gave people clues to where their shit was that got stolen. This is a bad revert. 

Everything else nice. 

Edited by DS_Billy

wouldnt it be feasable to make a script that tracks a gang id and then when someone leaves a gang it pins said gang id to their name for a few days and flags the admins in logs if two similar gang id interacted in that way. maybe hand out 3-5 day bans aswell. Or make it that they cant send a ex gang mate to jail for a week once they have left the gang.

Any one can still bounty boost with 175k with mastercrusader and still make 260k off of their friends. not including the bounty hunter talents that give 15% to group members. 

Samus_Aran likes this
2 hours ago, DS_Billy said:

Why does it need to be at 175? If people are abusing it, why cant an admin team consisting of 20 people maintain such a massive part of this community's gameplay and keep it under check and issue penaltys to those who abuse it? This seems like a lazy band aid. 

Cops need reward for the time and effort put in, cops are required to attend to non stop federal events which is admittedly what they signed up to do, to enhance the civ's side experience, but that dont mean they need to be in a situation where 15 of them chase a shipping container for an hour fianally win one, get everybody in cuffs with some big ass 900K bountys, and get paid out nothing for it because of a few morons who should be easy to identify and punish for abusing the system. 

This was taken out because it gave people clues to where their shit was that got stolen. This is a bad revert. 

Everything else nice. 

i do agree, these actions of breaking out and re arresting, should have been ezy catch, i do agree there shouldnt be a 175k cap, because high bountys and such and feds. It should have been obvious i mean the same people starting a prison break everytime their friend got arrested by a gang mate, then repeat. you ppl catch dupers almost a day or even a few hours after they try it. 

Samus_Aran likes this