Domination Changes

I'm sure those who regularly play domination have noticed a steep drop in the amount of players that attend, going from around 80 to barely hitting a max of 40. From what I've heard, this is mostly because:

- Prize pool begins too low, making it hard for gangs with both good numbers and small numbers to make a good return on their money

- While there are a few new caps, it's been the same zone since S2 domination came out. Whether new zones are added on Altis or even new maps, I'm pretty sure everybody would be happy with some variety. 

- I've also heard some people complain about the time chosen for S2. Maybe a new poll on start time? Not sure about this one though.

Certain small gangs also said they dislike the change that requires a minimum of 10 points to get money, but I don't really think this is a huge issue.

Playsssss and Eemil like this
4 minutes ago, casey1 said:

I'm sure those who regularly play domination have noticed a steep drop in the amount of players that attend, going from around 80 to barely hitting a max of 40. From what I've heard, this is mostly because:

- Prize pool begins too low, making it hard for gangs with both good numbers and small numbers to make a good return on their money

- While there are a few new caps, it's been the same zone since S2 domination came out. Whether new zones are added on Altis or even new maps, I'm pretty sure everybody would be happy with some variety. 

- I've also heard some people complain about the time chosen for S2. Maybe a new poll on start time? Not sure about this one though.

Certain small gangs also said they dislike the change that requires a minimum of 10 points to get money, but I don't really think this is a huge issue.

I think people really need to realise, that domination isnt a place to make money, its for the more combat based gangs to have their own place to fight eachother at a set time and a set date. This brings old players back, and creates a quite clear sub-section to the community of a life rp server, in turn bringing in money in donations and to the economy of the server. Most people are playing for fun, not for money there, so i kinda hate the idea of people complaining about returns on money.
However, the argument is there, why dont you just play a combat server if thats the case and ig thats valid but people have the connection to asylum. There should be some more incentives other than leaderboard's and blood money as average players wont be excited over getting some extra blood money. Maybe double blood money on domination? or store items like keys could be given out.

basically ur an idiot if ur thinking of going on domination to make money.

i also do believe that a lot of asylum players are not avid users of the forums, and that is clear by the lack of posts here; all it is here, is long time players posting montages and shit posts by people who are banned and people who enjoy trolling. If there was a way to drive more people onto the forums I do believe domination numbers would increase, no one has a reason to come on the forum other than to post something random, or to apply/look at applications. idk this place just seems pointless almost and baron, but id assume a couple years ago this was more thriving.
On top of this, if the main server had some sort of message that informed people domination was starting some of the random players in lesser known gangs, might think to check it out or read abt it, but still i believe half the population of the 130+ players who play prime time, are clueless to domination or what it is.

I think variety is definitely a point, Ive only played for 3 months, and the fights have got a little stale on domination which is almost definitely why the playerbase on there has been slashed in half. I think it would grab peoples attention for the domination server map to be random and everyone would be logging in wondering what map or even area of altis they are playing in today. But I also feel like joining the server with 4 caps, and all 4 capped by gangs who have many hours and are all 10 man, will make newer players and less experienced players stray away. again im not sure how this could be helped but it is hard for maybe 5 man gangs to do much on the server. Maybe more frequent cap moves? or maybe a system where 3/4 caps move and 1 Alpha cap stays static for the duration of the server, whilst the others rotate quite fast. This means there is less house camping, more fast pace fights, and i feel like it would lead to the server being dominated by one gang for the whole period.

People always complain about the timeslots, even tho these time slots were chosen by the community. I mean it would make sense now its been play tested for a while to have a re vote to see if the overall verdict does stay the same and if changes are needed now would be a good time i guess. 

and for the 10 point thing, I understand why it was added, but maybe adding a minimum gang memeber thing would stop 1 man gangs from capping and i mean if you have little numbers no doubt you are backcapping or roaching fights which kinda does ruin some of the intended game plays.

I do feel like some of the added features too like the aircraft and stuff are just gimmics, that have no purpose at all other than for the first time you join domination and get one of those drug runner planes and fly them about like a maniac until you accidentally vdm some poor cunt. I think it would make sense for most of these to be swapped out for point incentive objectives, maybe something like where someone caps a moving object and has to safeguard it for 5 mins, or a double points thing that is earned not just randomly given by a script.

these are just random thoughts i had, idk u do be looking fresh in that pfp aint gunna lie sir

casey1 likes this
2 hours ago, abdul karim azeem said:

I think people really need to realise, that domination isnt a place to make money, its for the more combat based gangs to have their own place to fight eachother at a set time and a set date. This brings old players back, and creates a quite clear sub-section to the community of a life rp server, in turn bringing in money in donations and to the economy of the server. Most people are playing for fun, not for money there, so i kinda hate the idea of people complaining about returns on money.
However, the argument is there, why dont you just play a combat server if thats the case and ig thats valid but people have the connection to asylum. There should be some more incentives other than leaderboard's and blood money as average players wont be excited over getting some extra blood money. Maybe double blood money on domination? or store items like keys could be given out.

basically ur an idiot if ur thinking of going on domination to make money.

i also do believe that a lot of asylum players are not avid users of the forums, and that is clear by the lack of posts here; all it is here, is long time players posting montages and shit posts by people who are banned and people who enjoy trolling. If there was a way to drive more people onto the forums I do believe domination numbers would increase, no one has a reason to come on the forum other than to post something random, or to apply/look at applications. idk this place just seems pointless almost and baron, but id assume a couple years ago this was more thriving.
On top of this, if the main server had some sort of message that informed people domination was starting some of the random players in lesser known gangs, might think to check it out or read abt it, but still i believe half the population of the 130+ players who play prime time, are clueless to domination or what it is.

I think variety is definitely a point, Ive only played for 3 months, and the fights have got a little stale on domination which is almost definitely why the playerbase on there has been slashed in half. I think it would grab peoples attention for the domination server map to be random and everyone would be logging in wondering what map or even area of altis they are playing in today. But I also feel like joining the server with 4 caps, and all 4 capped by gangs who have many hours and are all 10 man, will make newer players and less experienced players stray away. again im not sure how this could be helped but it is hard for maybe 5 man gangs to do much on the server. Maybe more frequent cap moves? or maybe a system where 3/4 caps move and 1 Alpha cap stays static for the duration of the server, whilst the others rotate quite fast. This means there is less house camping, more fast pace fights, and i feel like it would lead to the server being dominated by one gang for the whole period.

People always complain about the timeslots, even tho these time slots were chosen by the community. I mean it would make sense now its been play tested for a while to have a re vote to see if the overall verdict does stay the same and if changes are needed now would be a good time i guess. 

and for the 10 point thing, I understand why it was added, but maybe adding a minimum gang memeber thing would stop 1 man gangs from capping and i mean if you have little numbers no doubt you are backcapping or roaching fights which kinda does ruin some of the intended game plays.

I do feel like some of the added features too like the aircraft and stuff are just gimmics, that have no purpose at all other than for the first time you join domination and get one of those drug runner planes and fly them about like a maniac until you accidentally vdm some poor cunt. I think it would make sense for most of these to be swapped out for point incentive objectives, maybe something like where someone caps a moving object and has to safeguard it for 5 mins, or a double points thing that is earned not just randomly given by a script.

these are just random thoughts i had, idk u do be looking fresh in that pfp aint gunna lie sir

somebody already suggested adding a notification to server 1 when domination came up but unfortunately nothing came of it (I don't think atleast).

I understand what your saying abt not expecting to make your money back on domination, but a lot of people on s1 need some type of monetary incentive (even if it is just making their money back) to come try out server 2. 

I'm also sure that a lot of people would come back and try domination again or new players from server 1 would try it if new maps were added too. If an announcement went up in game on s1 that domination is coming to chernarus/whatever map for example I'm sure like 30 people from server 1 would try it out for the first time. 

sucks that the majority of people here don't use the forums bc input from somebody who quit playing domination for whatever reason would be the most important feedback to get player count up to what it used to be.

20 hours ago, casey1 said:

somebody already suggested adding a notification to server 1 when domination came up but unfortunately nothing came of it (I don't think atleast).

I understand what your saying abt not expecting to make your money back on domination, but a lot of people on s1 need some type of monetary incentive (even if it is just making their money back) to come try out server 2. 

I'm also sure that a lot of people would come back and try domination again or new players from server 1 would try it if new maps were added too. If an announcement went up in game on s1 that domination is coming to chernarus/whatever map for example I'm sure like 30 people from server 1 would try it out for the first time. 

sucks that the majority of people here don't use the forums bc input from somebody who quit playing domination for whatever reason would be the most important feedback to get player count up to what it used to be.

I did reply to this, it was quite lengthy idk why the admin/moderator didnt approve it, but wonder what other people thinkkkk

The bottom line is that the admins/developers for the dom server need to wake up and listen to the community. They are in denial and think the dom server is still as good as when it first came out which is not the case, we need new zone/cap/maps. its been out for a while now and nothing new has been added.