Rule Clarification

just seen some individuals shedding and or flipping cars in deer stands to blow them up, just want clarification if this is a ban able offence ? if not then fine Im going to have fun if yes can we have it written down somewhere to avoid confusion from both domination server and RP 

Cheers

Since this is here, I couldn't find an official ruling anywhere (though I'm sure it's here somewhere) on whether or not a collision is initiation (maybe I'm just blind). For instance, if I were driving down a road and collide head-on with another car, may I get out and shoot them without exchanging words? This makes sense in my head as they may be intentionally disabling my car to do just that. Obviously, if they are intentionally disabling my car, it'd be VDM; however, it's very hard to tell or prove whether or not it is intentional when done on a road and the vehicles are travelling towards each other.

The only conclusion I was really able to draw on my own was that it would just be VDM/RDM, because the other player may not actually have hostile intentions and despite this being a light RP server, it's understandable that they don't want me intentionally slamming my car into others and killing them.

Edited by Vanilla Coke
Made it more readable I guess

I know its not initiation but I think if your doing armor on armor it does. Not positive tho in most situations still initiate.

47 minutes ago, Vanilla Coke said:

Since this is here, I couldn't find an official ruling anywhere (though I'm sure it's here somewhere) on whether or not a collision is initiation (maybe I'm just blind). For instance, if I were driving down a road and collide head-on with another car, may I get out and shoot them without exchanging words? This makes sense in my head as they may be intentionally disabling my car to do just that. Obviously, if they are intentionally disabling my car, it'd be VDM; however, it's very hard to tell or prove whether or not it is intentional when done on a road and the vehicles are travelling towards each other.

The only conclusion I was really able to draw on my own was that it would just be VDM/RDM, because the other player may not actually have hostile intentions and despite this being a light RP server, it's understandable that they don't want me intentionally slamming my car into others and killing them.

Edited by ElderPhantom
59 minutes ago, Vanilla Coke said:

the way it works with car accidents or contact between vehicles is you need to still initiate. contact between two vehicles isn't initiation.

6 hours ago, Smee said:

just seen some individuals shedding and or flipping cars in deer stands to blow them up, just want clarification if this is a ban able offence ? if not then fine Im going to have fun if yes can we have it written down somewhere to avoid confusion from both domination server and RP 

Cheers

Shedding a car is not considered an exploit unless you use it to kill a player. I love stealing cop armor and shedding it outside Pygros HQ

3 hours ago, Vanilla Coke said:

A vehicle collision is NOT initiation. Either hop out and verbally initiate or text them. If you feel it was intentional report them for VDM but initiation must still take place. 

12 hours ago, Smee said:

Cheers

wow im glad me blowing up your sports got u so mad that u actally posted this

12 hours ago, Mason said:

Shedding a car is not considered an exploit unless you use it to kill a player. I love stealing cop armor and shedding it outside Pygros HQ

A vehicle collision is NOT initiation. Either hop out and verbally initiate or text them. If you feel it was intentional report them for VDM but initiation must still take place. 

So you are approving then using any type of real estate to blow up vehicles is allowed along as it does not kill players ? 

7 hours ago, keNNzo said:

wow im glad me blowing up your sports got u so mad that u actally posted this

there is a difference in shed and deer stand silly goose, wasn't mad just found it great to see something saucy that is allowed