Have you ever found yourself wishing to be able to listen to the radio inside your car? Because I sure have, every time I'm driving back to rebel from the Federal Reserve I can't help but wish my Ifrit had a Radio Channel I could tune into for the news and some music. Well, Now you can!(so long @Gen. Henry Arnold adds it in)

Introducing the Altis Radio channel, brought to you by Channel 4 news. 

This Radio station Offer a multitude of News reports as well as many songs, with a possibility of more to be added!

@ all the APD, since you all love larp'ing I'm sure you will cream all over this

@J Lucky Since you said @Parzah's thread was boring and you needed a new thread, so here is a thread worth talking about and brings a good change to the server!

Thanks to @.Max He is R.A.N certified 💯

Edited by Infamous [FULL SEND]
Trioxide, cracka, Huan Lee and 1 other like this
7 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Said no one. 

Kidding of course

I don't see the harm if it's local only? Global would just be a headache in the making 

I've currently got two versions, one has 3d audio that you can hear from inside and all players can hear. And the other is local and not 3D(I can change it to 3D since Say3D is a local effect command) but the issue with this is it can only be heard inside the car and the track will not be synced with other players who get in the car, although they will still be listening to the radio, just not the same songs.

7 minutes ago, J Lucky said:

As long as you do not add the ear-rape shit people always play. This also might be hard, if they go to add real music and select tunes, it will require licenses. Most licenses require money, so it will start to add up. 

There is a PLETHRA of songs within Base Arma 3, I have like 10 songs and 10 news alerts and they are all base game so no need to worry about getting licenses. There is no ear-rape shit either

2 minutes ago, J Lucky said:

I would say less news stories and more songs.

But it would be cool if the news stories would be coded to report federal events to police and afd

There arent any news stories I can think of that would match up with federal events and such since these stories are from the OLD MAN dlc. Although there are some Checkpoint and arrest news alerts which may work...

Obviously if someone wanted to record and make news stories it could happen, but that would take up mission file space.

1 hour ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Podcasts, news, music 

I already actually thought of this with Mr.DotMax but idk how willing you are to this because of how much mission file space say a 10 or 5 minute audio clip would take

1 hour ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

How about a phone app like thing to listen to it wherever and whenever instead of just a car

Smh my head

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Doomba said:

Would be pretty awesome if you could add a "Breaking news, the Fed/Lockup/Shipping etc. is being robbed" interrupt as well.

there are many problems to this, mitch is being a meanie and doesn't like me, likely altis radio will never see the sunny side of Altis, but if it does... What your suggesting is possible, however would require a custom audio file and also would take up mission file space.