Bring back infamy  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Bring back infamy

the only appealing thing to rebel is the fact you can buy gear, and cap cartels which cartels aren't even really appealing unless you solo gang or just for fun... am I wrong? Not to downplay the progress of updates the server has gotten from new dev(s) and mitch's passion for asylum. I am more glad than ever when i play asylum, however there are many things i feel are being overlooked. the main one is a talent system for rebel. 

I think it'd be really cool to bring back infamy. There are a couple problems, though:

1) It would absolutely kill bounty hunting. The only two appealing things about being a BH are the money (which, for most bounty hunters is very little, because of the loadouts), and the honor talent system. If rebels also got a talent system with similar-level perks to the honor system, then there would be no reason to be a bounty hunter.

2) Rebels get cartels, turfs, federal events, and other gang shit. Bounty hunters get bounty hunting. Instead of adding new stuff to rebel, maybe it would be better to improve the current activities that rebels have. No one fights turfs, and the rewards for cartels are dogshit. Give more incentive to fight turfs, and buff the rewards for cartels. Also, make bounty hunting better. Make it a bit easier to get honor. Currently, its impossible for a new bounty hunter to get to the top of the honor tree in a remotely reasonable amount of time.

If youre gonna add infamy back in, then bounty hunting is gonna need an update to keep it balanced

Edited by Trioxide
Nic Rage likes this

explain to me how bounty hunting would need to be updated for balance. bounty hunter is already inbalanced. adding a rebel talent tree would re-balance it.

also explain to me how nobody would play bounty hunter if rebels got a talent tree. with your logic, wouldn't your improvements kill bounty hunter? what i am talking about is a stat improvement essentially, which means absolutely nothing for the majority of people. your improvements"" to rebel would add more GAMEPLAY to the table. wouldn't THAT be a reason to switch to rebel? 

just look at the bounty hunter combat tree. all of the talents in the combat tree are rebel based.

we don't get anything... your logic makes absolutely no sense.

19 minutes ago, Trioxide said:

I think it'd be really cool to bring back infamy. There are a couple problems, though:

1) It would absolutely kill bounty hunting. The only two appealing things about being a BH are the money (which, for most bounty hunters is very little, because of the loadouts), and the honor talent system. If rebels also got a talent system with similar-level perks to the honor system, then there would be no reason to be a bounty hunter.

2) Rebels get cartels, turfs, federal events, and other gang shit. Bounty hunters get bounty hunting. Instead of adding new stuff to rebel, maybe it would be better to improve the current activities that rebels have. No one fights turfs, and the rewards for cartels are dogshit. Give more incentive to fight turfs, and buff the rewards for cartels. Also, make bounty hunting better. Make it a bit easier to get honor. Currently, its impossible for a new bounty hunter to get to the top of the honor tree in a remotely reasonable amount of time.

If youre gonna add infamy back in, then bounty hunting is gonna need an update to keep it balanced

1 hour ago, spaezitzle said:

explain to me how bounty hunting would need to be updated for balance. bounty hunter is already inbalanced. adding a rebel talent tree would re-balance it.

Basically there are already a whole lot more reasons to be a rebel than to be a bounty hunter. If you are a rebel, you get to do cartels, turfs, federal events, gang wars, gun crafting etc. If you are a bounty hunter, then you dont really get to do those things. The only two things that bounty hunter has that rebel doesnt are bounty hunting, and the honor talents. Rebels get so much more. I am saying that we should improve what the rebels already have before adding new stuff, AND improve bounty hunting to balance it out.

Giving rebels their own talent system would make being a rebel OBJECTIVELY better than being a bounty hunter. I think that it would be really cool if infamy made a return, but it needs to be balanced.

Edited by Trioxide
Nic Rage likes this
3 hours ago, Trioxide said:

Basically there are already a whole lot more reasons to be a rebel than to be a bounty hunter. If you are a rebel, you get to do cartels, turfs, federal events, gang wars, gun crafting etc. If you are a bounty hunter, then you dont really get to do those things. The only two things that bounty hunter has that rebel doesnt are bounty hunting, and the honor talents. Rebels get so much more. I am saying that we should improve what the rebels already have before adding new stuff, AND improve bounty hunting to balance it out.

Giving rebels their own talent system would make being a rebel OBJECTIVELY better than being a bounty hunter. I think that it would be really cool if infamy made a return, but it needs to be balanced.

I disagree.  Bounty hunter has insane utility for anything outside of cartels, especially once you get apex.