Hello, I'm an outgoing drug manufacturer looking for friends!

atcar

Lol I guess I've been playing about 2 weeks now ... I've made my first $1M by a combination of quests and drug manufacturing/selling. Asylum has been a lot of fun, apart from the RDM problem and these guys who try to randomly rob every person they see in a spawn city (who just spawned) and then shoots them when (oh, what a shock!) they don't have any money or gear to take. "Hands up or die!" lol ... the lazy man's way to fabricate an RDM excuse ... they even shoot you in the clothing store buying a beanie cap while you're on the menu lol. But apart from all that, I've had some really great and interesting RP moments in the game that have kept me coming back.

I really like doing organized drug manufacturing and other organized, group activities. Nothing beats a heavily armed squad or guys with huge transport trucks full of ingredients all cooking crystal meth together like good friends are supposed to do! I also enjoy any kind of tactical missions (like bank robberies) with an organized group of like-minded individuals. Unfortunately, I don't really know a lot of people in game. The few I have played with have been really cool. Somehow, I'm in a gang without ever explicitly joining a gang. I literally never went on any gang menus, selected a gang or got invited to a gang ... I just suddenly saw there were people grouped with me and it said my gang was "asphyxiate" ... I don't really see many members online playing. Only one of them seems to get on regularly and is pretty cool and fun to roll with. But if he's not online I'm pretty much alone. Another guy with an Indian accent gets on kind of regularly, but all he wants to do is go random rob fresh spawns and get himself kidnapped in Kavala, lol. I also got rdm'ed twice by one of my own gang members, some douche named 0_0 who does the typical loser thing of camping spawn cities to shoot at fresh spawn-ins. So I'm kind of unhappy with the gang situation ...

So, anyways, I'm looking for any other guys who are into the RP side of Altis Life and enjoy coordinated drug production, organized tactical missions and doing things that makes sense and actually make money. I've been playing ArmA since the Operation Arrowhead days and have a pretty ridiculous amount of hours. My skill set is quite advanced, and I'm best in a designated marksman sort of role. Intermediate and long-range shooting is my bread and butter. I actually programmed the Steam Controller for ArmA 3 and don't think I could ever go back to the primitive mouse + keyboard style of playing, lol. I'm also a pretty damn good heli pilot now, partially thanks to the sophisticated control system I've programmed for it, and can whip a Hummingbird like few others.

Anyone else interested in the same things, give me a holla! My in-game name is also "atcar" and I try to play pretty regularly. I don't usually kiss on the first date, I prefer to take things slow, do a bit of meth together and get to know each other the old fashioned way, ya know? Lol anyhow it's been nice meeting and playing with everyone!

-atcar

I'll have to give Leroy a holla when I'm back in-game. I've been doing some programming and modifications on my advanced controller schemes, and made some pretty awesome upgrades to vehicle and helicopter handling. I tried integrating face-tracking camera controls, but it's proving a bit too imprecise, just like it does in IL-2 Sturmovik air combat, and I may just have to build a home-made IR tracking device and run FreeTrack instead (fuck paying $200 for TrackIR, a simple device with a high price due to a monopoly over a niche market) ... I'm gonna be back in the server very soon though. I've seen his name on there before though and know he's a "regular".

I am new as well to the whole Arma life thing, been an arma player since A2.  Trying one of those big populated server was no fun at all.  You just couldn't get nowhere.  I had the biggest glitchiest guy ever collide with me on the road...  Then try to rob me near the truck, we blew up, but he had help to revive.  I didn't. Would be nice to find a server where cops are cops and bandits would be bandits, have spies but follow the rules and only talk in game.  Now all we have is a free for all from hell.  I wonder how hard it would be to get a server going with some players who wanna play.  Like a password protected one?