Poll: Teamspeak Vs Discord

Discord Vs Teamspeak   

198 members have voted

1. 1. Discord Vs Teamspeak

• Discord
    • Teamspeak

Don't switch, everything is already set up on teamspeak and perfectly fine. If it aint broke don't fix it i dont want to lose my channel.

Also if you decide to switch to discord and want to make the gangs private channels you're going to have to create a bunch of different channels and a bunch of separate tags to make sure not everyone can join said channel.

Edited by Copa
Ryan., Crossfade, Innate and 4 others like this
Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

That doesn't detail why at all. what is different or better in your opinion? The reason i want to know what makes you say that is there may be a solution to the issue.

I like being able to sit idle in teamspeak and be available to support or do AFD related matters without having to leave my own discord that im chilling in. I'm sure most APD and AFD higherups would agree. I will not be sitting in asylum discord all day like i do in teamspeak.

1 minute ago, Biscuit said:

GET THESE OLD CODGERS OFF THE VOTES. DISCORD IS EASIER AND LESS AIDS THAN TEAMSPEAK. WHY SHOULD WE LET RETARD VIRGINS WHO ARE 40+ YEARS OLD VOTE ON OUR COMMUNICATION METHODS?????

just use your own private discord then? what does it matter you're not APD or AFD

Ryan. and Donald like this

Instead of swapping channels to talk to someone on the server I would need to get their discord or private call them. I like the TeamSpeak and the way it works kinda not a change I would enjoy. I can tell you 100% that people wont chill in Discord like they would on TS myself included, you really cant set up private channels the same way you can in TS without having like 100 tags which would pretty much default in people using a private discord you would literally never hear from some people because of this.

Edited by Ryan.

On some real shit tho if the Discord were more vitalized with especially admins and staff members being more accessible it would make communication a lot faster than with the forums however I'm sure they don't want some rdmer to jump in and ear rape them about why they shouldn't be. 

Teamspeak
+Better Voice Quality
+Easier to Separate Factions  (More Professional)
+Mass Move Ability
-Easier to DDOSS

Discord
+Faction Higher Ups Can Disconnect AFK People
+Easier to Limit Amount of User Accounts Used to Connect
+Private Chat Channels for Faction Managers
+Able to See Server News Quicker
-No Real Mass Move Ability
-Honestly Disorganized
~Would Need to Update MyAsylum to Allow Tracking of Discord Names~

Issac and Ryan. like this
12 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

On some real shit tho if the Discord were more vitalized with especially admins and staff members being more accessible it would make communication a lot faster than with the forums however I'm sure they don't want some rdmer to jump in and ear rape them about why they shouldn't be. 

how exactly does it make it more accessible to staff, everyone is going to be doing exactly what they're doing now which is sitting in their own private discords / teamspeak channels and wait for discord DM's or forum DM's if you think admins will be sitting in those channels past the first week after the transition of it does come, you 're lost buddy

Copa and Donald like this
1 minute ago, Ryan. said:

bd6d7eee9b68825f3c3a6095626000fa.png  Already a thing

I am talking about the private text channels in discord. Where we can easily chat with certain ranks and keep in contact with one another.

Still missing the potential AFD and APD text channel in discord that allows both factions to talk and communicate about different topics relating to one another. (D.O.B Checks and more)

Ryan. and Donald like this
Just now, J Lucky said:

I am talking about the private text channels in discord. Where we can easily chat with certain ranks and keep in contact with one another.

Still missing the potential AFD and APD text channel in discord that allows both factions to talk and communicate about different topics relating to one another. (D.O.B Checks and more)

That is also already a thing though Fire Staff/Chief Chat and Lt/Sgt/Captain Chat. The cross faction chat would be bussin

Space and Joshhh like this

TeamSpeak is much more organized for things that we do in the server especially for APD/AFD. There is no reason to push people to using discord. It has been this way for as long as I know and should continue to be this way. Also If your APD complaining about this, ask for private discord channels or something don't see any issues with keeping APD in TeamSpeak as the primary platform. Not that APD/AFD Higher ups don't already have private channels.

Edited by John Doe
Donald and Ryan. like this
36 minutes ago, Blake. said:

If we switched to discord many people would stay in their own private discords rather than populating the asylum discord.

Just wait for the teamspeak update https://new.teamspeak.com/

I have the beta for this and use it. It's kinda ass.

As much as I love teamspeak over discord it would be nice to not have to use both. I'm lazy and I wanna have all of my voip stuff in one app. I wipe my PC a lot and forget to back up my Teamspeak profile so I have to get tags again every time xD

The only potential good thing I could see in discord is screen sharing. 

Other than that I like TeamSpeak's channel organization works, the way ranks work (channel priority), and other stuff works.

I mean just imagine having to put in a 1 in front of your name if you are LT or 2 for SGT and so on to be at the top of the channel lmfao. 

45 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

GET THESE OLD CODGERS OFF THE VOTES. DISCORD IS EASIER AND LESS AIDS THAN TEAMSPEAK. WHY SHOULD WE LET RETARD VIRGINS WHO ARE 40+ YEARS OLD VOTE ON OUR COMMUNICATION METHODS?????

yeah lets not let the people who have been running the community for the past 6 years have a word on how the server should be

Edited by Bherky

A bunch of people talking shit in here dont even use TS or play cop/medic. TeamSpeak has better voice codec management then Discord by far, this is noticed most when playing with large groups of people like we often do on cop. As someone who uses TS on a daily basis and have also used Discord when TS has gone down in the past, I can for sure tell you I much more prefer TS by far for primary voice chat

Calle., PaytonR, Copa and 5 others like this

Yea I don’t really wanna have to leave my own discord and ts is already setup enough as it is. I like teamspeak mainly for the fact that I can still chat to people while in the teamspeak with discord in the background. Only benefits I see to discord is screen sharing and ddos protection but let’s be fair if ts is getting ddosed than the server is also prob getting ddosed. Sure discord maybe free to run but it’s not really meant to rank lots of people with private channels and a bunch of ranks to access those channels and pretty much turns into a cluster fuck. That’s just my thoughts tho

Edited by Dillon
Ryan., Bherky, Blake. and 1 other like this

Literally this

3 hours ago, Ken. said:

A bunch of people talking shit in here dont even use TS or play cop/medic. TeamSpeak has better voice codec management then Discord by far, this is noticed most when playing with large groups of people like we often do on cop. As someone who uses TS on a daily basis and have also used Discord when TS has gone down in the past, I can for sure tell you I much more prefer TS by far for primary voice chat

3 hours ago, Bherky said:

The only potential good thing I could see in discord is screen sharing. 

Other than that I like TeamSpeak's channel organization works, the way ranks work (channel priority), and other stuff works.

I mean just imagine having to put in a 1 in front of your name if you are LT or 2 for SGT and so on to be at the top of the channel lmfao. 

yeah lets not let the people who have been running the community for the past 6 years have a word on how the server should be

3 hours ago, John Doe said:

TeamSpeak is much more organized for things that we do in the server especially for APD/AFD. There is no reason to push people to using discord. It has been this way for as long as I know and should continue to be this way. Also If your APD complaining about this, ask for private discord channels or something don't see any issues with keeping APD in TeamSpeak as the primary platform. Not that APD/AFD Higher ups don't already have private channels.

4 hours ago, Donald said:

please do not switch 

4 hours ago, Gagss said:

Don't switch

Blake., Innate and Gagss like this
4 hours ago, Blake. said:

If we switched to discord many people would stay in their own private discords rather than populating the asylum discord.

Just wait for the teamspeak update https://new.teamspeak.com/

Populate my nuts in ur face. Discord is better

4 hours ago, Big Gay Jay said:

how exactly does it make it more accessible to staff, everyone is going to be doing exactly what they're doing now which is sitting in their own private discords / teamspeak channels and wait for discord DM's or forum DM's if you think admins will be sitting in those channels past the first week after the transition of it does come, you 're lost buddy

U like being called buddy? Buddy!