Poll: Teamspeak Vs Discord

Discord Vs Teamspeak   

198 members have voted

1. 1. Discord Vs Teamspeak

• Discord
    • Teamspeak

9 hours ago, Biscuit said:

GET THESE OLD CODGERS OFF THE VOTES. DISCORD IS EASIER AND LESS AIDS THAN TEAMSPEAK. WHY SHOULD WE LET RETARD VIRGINS WHO ARE 40+ YEARS OLD VOTE ON OUR COMMUNICATION METHODS?????

I think your retarded, and you dont even use the teamspeak ur not afd or apd. SIT ON A CONE QUEER.

15 hours ago, Bherky said:

The only potential good thing I could see in discord is screen sharing. 

Other than that I like TeamSpeak's channel organization works, the way ranks work (channel priority), and other stuff works.

I mean just imagine having to put in a 1 in front of your name if you are LT or 2 for SGT and so on to be at the top of the channel lmfao. 

yeah lets not let the people who have been running the community for the past 6 years have a word on how the server should be

Why would the ranks need to be in order in discord. Yeah honestly fuck discord off someone's ego is gonna get hurt from being at the bottom of the channel.

Edited by willtee18
danile666 and Space like this

The times TS has disconnected and we have had to use discord for our voice comms shows how aids it is.  The codecs in discord are shit, the available client settings are shit, and it is just unneeded.  

You host the TS server on the same box as the actual server dont you?  So this is not a cost consideration?  I guess you could write a bot to track more faction related stuff, but at the cost of quality it seems.  Keep in on TS, and stay away from discord.  

Copa, Blake. and Ryan. like this
6 hours ago, danile666 said:

The times TS has disconnected and we have had to use discord for our voice comms shows how aids it is.  The codecs in discord are shit, the available client settings are shit, and it is just unneeded.  

You host the TS server on the same box as the actual server dont you?  So this is not a cost consideration?  I guess you could write a bot to track more faction related stuff, but at the cost of quality it seems.  Keep in on TS, and stay away from discord.  

Update the wiki...

Personally I feel like discord has the ability to be more user friendly/bot friendly. You can easily add command channels for bots and link them to the forums, also its a great place for general text-chats, I think it would bring the community together even more seeing as there are tons of users that would start to get involved, instead of just the forum lurkers. I'm not sure the stats on forum activity vs. player base, but if I had to guess I would say maybe 1/4 of active players post on the forums whereas discord is something people would get involved with even over mobile. PRO discord 👍

The switch should be made, anyone that argues against it clearly has no idea what they are talking about. Discord sounds just as good as TS. Not to mention you can create text channels that permanent. The idea of logging into voice software that is nearly two decades old and hardly supported isn't good. Discord is much more user friendly, it has just as good voice quality. Most gangs use discord now anyway. You don't see all of these gangs sitting in TS. Anyone who argues it but uses it for their gang is a fucking hypocrite.   

One of the main reasons I didnt continue as APD was b/c of teamspeak...  It was constantly either whispers or shatteringly loud with 10 people constantly stepping on everything...  Granted, my circumstances are a bit special (wear hearing aids,) and I have to constantly adjust people's volume, or outright mute them to maintain my own awareness/sanity/civ interactions. For whatever reason Discord seems infinitely easier to manage (for me at least...).

---

Just my .02 - obviously I cannot expect folks to adapt to my personal disability/needs...  that is silly... but I have heard (despite being deaf lol,) a few, objective, gripes about TS...

I) Some folks thinking the TS is dead b/c when they join they do not have appropriate perms and see empty rooms...  "Man this server is dead, no admins, even the TS is empty..."

II) Idle kick when patiently waiting for support...

III) Not accustomed to TS, unable to personally troubleshoot issues - pushing new players to choose between a known/mainstream system (discord,) or an older, less intuitive system...

---

I've def thought the TS was dead until I got APD perms... I've been kicked for idle many, many, times lol...  The third I've seen mentioned on a couple other discord channels and seems reasonable...

---

All said, my main reasoning supporting Discord is entirely selfish... The arguments above supporting TS generally seem reasonable; I cannot argue, at all, against most points...

On 6/28/2021 at 9:38 PM, Copa said:

Also if you decide to switch to discord and want to make the gangs private channels you're going to have to create a bunch of different channels and a bunch of separate tags to make sure not everyone can join said channel.

Discord channel permissions do let you whitelist specific players