RDM is no longer bannable. All to keep a high player base?

I have played asylum since early 2015 and donated hundreds of dollars since. Asylum was fucking great. Rule breakers got banned. Now, i'm finally done. 

Today i learned rdm is no longer bannable to help asylum keep their player numbers up.

Lets get this straight:      You suposedly have to verbaly or text message initiate and give adequate reaction time as INITIATION. This is how you INITIATE. Hitting a target with your first and only shot is not initiation nor has it EVER been. This has ALWAYS been bannable RDM. If all i have to do to initiate is shoot someone and have them react in self defense, ffs lets start having some fun!

This report got denied and the reason being: "you returned fire which validated his initiation, no action taken." 

Firing and hitting someone is not initiation. It is not ATTEMPTING initiation. There is NO DOUBT what the intentions were. 

Asylum, farewell and good riddance. and to the admins, i hope the rest of the real players leave and all you are stuck with is a wasteland server with people not willing to donate, just kill. 

So let me get this straight.

He shoots at you. You consider that enough to return fire but failed to kill the person. So now you report for RDM. Had you of killed him, how could you still report that for RDM? Idk when you started playing here, but that's been a thing since i started in 2015. What could we do better with a situation like this?

Calle., .Sean, Bherky and 5 others like this

And I should add. Keep your Donation, if you donation or promise of a donation means that we should alter our Long standing policies, then i don't want it. 

If you still have questions over this, I'd love nothing more than the opportunity to absolutely destroy your perception on how we should run things around here. 

I dare you

manhua, Ryan. and Trisix like this
38 minutes ago, chedger112 said:

This report got denied and the reason being: "you returned fire which validated his initiation, no action taken." 

Firing and hitting someone is not initiation. It is not ATTEMPTING initiation. There is NO DOUBT what the intentions were. 

8 minutes ago, skimancole said:

It's always been this way dog. A kid could theoretically shoot you in the leg and as long as you shoot back he can kill you. This rule hasn't changed. Now I do believe its a bs rule tho 

If someone shoots you in the leg or body randomly without downing you or killing you, that is called one way initiation and is not considered RDM. This makes it that if they end up downing/killing you still without any dialogue or proper time to respond then its considered RDM. However during this time you can shoot back because they appear red and you just can. The second you start to shoot back at the player you are all initiated and its no longer 1 way.

38 minutes ago, chedger112 said:

Asylum, farewell and good riddance. and to the admins, i hope the rest of the real players leave and all you are stuck with is a wasteland server with people not willing to donate, just kill. 

Nobody cares bud, maybe next time go get some extra clarification from the admin before throwing a little tantrum like a baby you stupid little moron.

these are the kind of people that leave kavala because they always get rdmed then come back to kavala to get back at the rdmers by rdming everyone ... simple minded but straight forward that is what the server needs @Mitch (IFRIT) you should give him one of the open mod slots right now before he is gone forever ...

10 times better than @Trisix

he will donate for a better future and ban everyone that shoots anyone for the true rp experience ...

may god bless his soul

amen

3 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

So let me get this straight.

He shoots at you. You consider that enough to return fire but failed to kill the person. So now you report for RDM. Had you of killed him, how could you still report that for RDM? Idk when you started playing here, but that's been a thing since i started in 2015. What could we do better with a situation like this?

This.  You had time to shoot back, you had time to kill.  Sorry, I side with management.  I know it sucks though.

7 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

And I should add. Keep your Donation, if you donation or promise of a donation means that we should alter our Long standing policies, then i don't want it. 

If you still have questions over this, I'd love nothing more than the opportunity to absolutely destroy your perception on how we should run things around here. 

I dare you

Mifrit mad

• 1 month later...