Texting to inititiate is broken.

Im only recently playing arma life again and I've been meeting noobs and trying to help them make money, unfortunately every time we go to process or sell there are people camping nearby and they just text us and kill us all. they typically have rifles and are just camping money making areas or processing areas. We had to stop trying illegal money methods because every major gang camps each area and owns all the houses so they can respawn and keep killing.

texting to initiate is a broken method. they message anyone in the group, not even near the rest then just kill everyone from far af away. usually they seem to know who the noob is and text them, so no one even knows its happening, until its too late. so far every money method other than afk farming paychecks has ended with someone camping the sell point processing point or mining spot and just texting one person and killing everyone.

and yes this happens in all activities, even legal ones. the meta seems to be geared people camping sells to kill low levels or noobs who cant defend themselves and take what they have. the texting just makes it impossible to defend yourself, you cant even see them usually, just hiding in a ghillie suit far off with a scoped weapon.

I know people are just going to say get used to it but it seems like an oversight to let this happen. Its like an exploit and has turned every new player I've tried to help away from the server.

the suggestion is rework initiation circumstances.

Edited by Sir Paul
8 hours ago, Sir Paul said:

Im only recently playing arma life again and I've been meeting noobs and trying to help them make money, unfortunately every time we go to process or sell there are people camping nearby and they just text us and kill us all. they typically have rifles and are just camping money making areas or processing areas. We had to stop trying illegal money methods because every major gang camps each area and owns all the houses so they can respawn and keep killing.

texting to initiate is a broken method. they message anyone in the group, not even near the rest then just kill everyone from far af away. usually they seem to know who the noob is and text them, so no one even knows its happening, until its too late. so far every money method other than afk farming paychecks has ended with someone camping the sell point processing point or mining spot and just texting one person and killing everyone.

and yes this happens in all activities, even legal ones. the meta seems to be geared people camping sells to kill low levels or noobs who cant defend themselves and take what they have. the texting just makes it impossible to defend yourself, you cant even see them usually, just hiding in a ghillie suit far off with a scoped weapon.

I know people are just going to say get used to it but it seems like an oversight to let this happen. Its like an exploit and has turned every new player I've tried to help away from the server.

the suggestion is rework initiation circumstances.

You need to learn how to make money and not draw attention to yourself while doing it. Do smaller runs. Even a hatch upgraded can hold 200 space. Don't be greedy. Find a 1 crate house and store ur product and only sell when u have friends online able to protect and keep watch.

.Sean likes this
48 minutes ago, House ;) said:

if you stopped doing coke in hemmet boxes it wouldnt be a problem

I dont do coke nor have I ever owned a hemmet box. I get killed doing backpack only runs. Im not failing and being obvious, people own houses next to every sale point and camp them. no matter the circumstances its hard to make money in the server. I'm trying to introduce people to the game and server but the toxicity of high level players has turned many friends off of it. I get it its just how it is, but really think about the experience newer players are having, its a detriment and can lead to a degradation of players if it really gets bad(not saying its that bad).

there are at least 3 major gangs, all own nearly every house near all sell points. They either kill you or you kill them and they keep respawning right next to you.

Im just thinking of a way to limit the power of these high levels that have access to long rifles and stuff that just camp drug dealer, jewelry, dispensary , and all the processing points. even discreet legal work is very risky.

Ive done every money making method and have been killed doing each one at different stages, and it typically is initiated by text from a sniper miles away.(you cant even comply most situations because you will be in a menu and people kill in 2 seconds after initiation.)

1 hour ago, Sir Paul said:

I dont do coke nor have I ever owned a hemmet box. I get killed doing backpack only runs. Im not failing and being obvious, people own houses next to every sale point and camp them. no matter the circumstances its hard to make money in the server. I'm trying to introduce people to the game and server but the toxicity of high level players has turned many friends off of it. I get it its just how it is, but really think about the experience newer players are having, its a detriment and can lead to a degradation of players if it really gets bad(not saying its that bad).

there are at least 3 major gangs, all own nearly every house near all sell points. They either kill you or you kill them and they keep respawning right next to you.

Im just thinking of a way to limit the power of these high levels that have access to long rifles and stuff that just camp drug dealer, jewelry, dispensary , and all the processing points. even discreet legal work is very risky.

Ive done every money making method and have been killed doing each one at different stages, and it typically is initiated by text from a sniper miles away.(you cant even comply most situations because you will be in a menu and people kill in 2 seconds after initiation.)

Even if it feels like it, they're not camping these locations 24/7 so I suggest you buy a house near drug dealer so you can run back and fourth in little time. Before you sell anything though make sure you go up to the dealer with nothing in your inventory to bait potential campers. And if you don't have a house just park away from the dealer and do the same thing.

4 hours ago, Sir Paul said:

You are doing something wrong.  Making money is easier than ever right now.  Try a different drug dealer in a different town, gear up and have only 1 dude sell while everyone else covers...then do splits.  Scope the area out before you commit.  

Like it is so easy to just drive an entire evidence hemmt up to pyrgos or athira drug dealer and just dump everything.  Just cover eachother and be down to lose shit. 

I don't think people realize how severe the camping is. I've been killed every day in all towns at all sources for the past 3 days. athira drug was fucked, kavala is as always fucked, q19 camp the kavala sell points and pygros sell points, lsd covers all lsd stuff, and thc covers all weed stuff. they all own the houses near drug dealers and houses that are for sale cost millions, or hundreds of thousands.

the point is that initiation in these zones make it too easy for geared players to destroy everyone else. you know damn well there are typically at least 3 people camping these points and they will never show themselves until you open a menu or start an animation.  text to initiate can be exploited, wait till an animation starts or they enter a menu, then text them and wait 2 seconds then shot, you cant close the menu quick enough or comply even. maybe make there be a timed warning for the legal sell points or processing points so they cant just text when you cant comply.

Edit:  texting to initiate has little to no roleplay value, people have a generalized message(ie. "Land, park, put your hands up or die.") that they text. no interaction and no time to comply. Its an RDM tool.

Edited by Sir Paul
22 minutes ago, PGone said:

Put your hands on your head. It might help

6 hours ago, Sir Paul said:

text to initiate can be exploited, wait till an animation starts or they enter a menu, then text them and wait 2 seconds then shot, you cant close the menu quick enough or comply even.