Domination Update Discussion

What do you want to see updated in Domination?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to see updated in Domination?

Looking to get feedback all in one place instead of searching multiple threads.

Vote on what you want to see done to Domination or discuss any changes you want to see in the replies.

If you want to design a new cap, you have to send me the mission.sqm file, not screenshots.
If you want a modded map, link me a Steam workshop link.

Going to prioritise changes by how many people vote on something and the time it may take to get it complete.
I would like to get this weekend's Saturday Domination to have something new in it, even if its a small change to start with.

My own ideas:
•Closer caps.
•Occasionally, 1 single rebel surrounded by rotating caps somewhere on a map, instead of rebel outposts on the outside and caps inside.
•UI changes.

Share the post around, it's a little early in the day and week to get a good amount of views.

Trioxide likes this
46 minutes ago, Peterr said:

Eh something unique ig. Maybe instead of a flag you have to repair a tempest first gang to do that gets x amount of points. And focus on tanoa, stratis and malden at first and make them REALLY good then expand to more maps.

yes sitting there repairing a truck sounds like something every player in a gang wants to do. It gives me a lot of afk time to not do anything. Focus on making it better for everyone before expanding to other maps. No point expanding something no one plays to other maps

matthew666, Bherky, DankBud and 2 others like this

My ideas. IMO core formula/UI is OK, don't need to change the fundamental 'Rebel Outpost surrounding the zones' design, or anything like that

Short term -- new Altis caps, reworks to existing caps, simple variable changes: some ideas being shorter, more frequent hotzones, larger initial pot, and more points/or greater frequency for defusing/HVT. Title addition/rework would also be nice and easy; please fix dom titles such as god of war not working on cop

Mid term -- Addition of maps already popular on other domination-style events (Chernarus and Malden ideally, though could be Startis and Sahrani) 

Long term -- Addition of SWAT, potentially

Voodoo, Proud, Vanilla Coke and 1 other like this
1 hour ago, tom said:
  • 10 Million Prize Pool Start
  • Rework the point system
    • If you get 1st-3rd you get decent money, but anything past that its pretty bad money and I think that the point system is pretty messed up. Example I was playing with 4 people and we got 80 points and only got 300K.
  • Voting System in Discord for the map that day.
    • Tuesday - Altis
    • Thursday - Malden / Chernarus
    • Saturday - Stratis / Any of the non-aid modded maps ( I can take a look when I get home from work)
  • New Zones
    • We need at least 1-2 new zones for Altis
    • Than 2-3 new zones for the new maps.
  • NO TANOA
    • Terrible map for combat
    • The forest is terrible
  • No modded maps that have houses you can just sit on the roof that aren't wall bang-able.
  • New Title's for Domination
    • 1,000 Kills
    • 1,500 kills
    • Person who gets the most kills that domination get a title unlocked.
  • Fewer capture zones to force more combat and more money spent.
    • Instead of the 5 zones how about we try 4 for now.
  • SWAT
    • Max Group of 6
    • Only allowed to push first place gang
    • Goal is to neutralize the flag.
    • 5K loadouts
    • All SWAT members get 15K when they neutralize a flag.

Some of the main reasons gangs are playing is because the payouts are bugged and the same map has been boring.

The caps rotating are one of the best features.

+1

Paradox_ likes this

-LOWER HOTZONE TIME or make it more often n low timer (maybe 2 hotzones of 5-8 mins)

-rotate between altis, malden, chernauras, sahrani, maybe stratis AND THE SNOW MAP (forgot the name). 3 zones each map where people vote for zone 5 mins before it starts.

-add/change small tasks/quests to do within the dom to give more points or rewards. ex; reduce hvt timer, remove ghosthawk & replace with something cool 
maybe cap the flag and return it to one of your points for points/different rewards.- put flag at least 2km away from points. you get the point

-Top 3 get special rewards for s1. (special gang base/own rebel, gang shed, etc.) - u can chose location between 2-3 locations. each of these have their own added benefits. ex- gang base gives loadout disc, or you can buy carrier rigs or something. gang shed for making money gives you bonus for selling drugs and cheaper crafting,etc. add more cool stuff

-make points move faster & closer to each other. no further than 2-2.5km away from at least one of the points

-make church walls undestructable

-more profit for gangs that dont finish top 3(and those too)

-more achievements/titles & stuff.

- ADD SWAT/CTRG: a cop faction, or a faction that teams up in a group with gangs that dont have enough numbers to make it a full roster. this i a easy way to get 1 or 2 more full gangs on the server to fight.

if you want the server to succeed you probably need to unban players. some have their accounts linked to other people, others would not cheat again if they had the chance. i know some people that cheated for different reasons and would not do it again, others purposely wanted to get banned to end their arma addiction and now want to come back for whatever reason.
say what you want, but i knoww so many people that would main this domination but just cant play, and giving them a second chance might make the server poppin again. (especially if its taken care of)

Edited by FudgeR
Walt, Proud, AdaM_ and 6 others like this
2 minutes ago, FudgeR said:

rotate between altis, malden, chernauras, sahrani, maybe stratis. 3 zones each map where people vote for zone 5 mins before it starts.

not Sahrani please it's actually the worst map, but lets get TAKISTAN IN THE MAP ROTATION!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Ethan Darrell said:

lets hope its doesn't turn out like that shit cap he forced us to have and hopefully listens to what people say on this post  

just look at what his idea's were dude, it's going to be horse shit if he doesn't listen to us.

2 minutes ago, Infamous [FULL SEND] said:

not Sahrani please it's actually the worst map, but lets get TAKISTAN IN THE MAP ROTATION!!!!!!!!!

just look at what his idea's were dude, it's going to be horse shit if he doesn't listen to us.

sahrani is good just depends on the zones you make

Just now, Ethan Darrell said:

this is legit one of the best maps man 

it's not, all it is, is faggots sitting on roofs or in buildings that you CANNOT pen AT ALL, cherno is best map!

1 minute ago, FudgeR said:

sahrani is good just depends on the zones you make

this is henry we're talking about, have you seen east arms on the normal asylum server? unless someone goes in sahrani and makes some with normal arma 3 building thats we can pen it's going to be horrible.

3 hours ago, tom said:
    • If you get 1st-3rd you get decent money, but anything past that its pretty bad money and I think that the point system is pretty messed up. Example I was playing with 4 people and we got 80 points and only got 300K.
    • Tuesday - Altis
    • Saturday - Stratis / Any of the non-aid modded maps ( I can take a look when I get home from work)
  • New Zones
  • NO TANOA
    • The forest is terrible
  • No modded maps that have houses you can just sit on the roof that aren't wall bang-able.
    • 1,000 Kills
    • 1,500 kills
  • SWAT
    • Max Group of 6
    • 5K loadouts

Some of the main reasons gangs are playing is because the payouts are bugged and the same map has been boring.

6 minutes ago, Infamous [FULL SEND] said:

Sahrani

9 minutes ago, FudgeR said:

-LOWER HOTZONE TIME or make it more often n low timer (maybe 2 hotzones of 5-8 mins)

-rotate between altis, malden, chernauras, sahrani, maybe stratis. 3 zones each map where people vote for zone 5 mins before it starts.

-add/change small tasks/quests to do within the dom to give more points or rewards. ex; reduce hvt timer, remove ghosthawk & replace with something cool 
maybe cap the flag and return it to one of your points for points/different rewards.- put flag at least 2km away from points. you get the point

-Top 3 get special rewards for s1. (special gang base/own rebel, gang shed, etc.) - u can chose location between 2-3 locations. each of these have their own added benefits. ex- gang base gives loadout disc, or you can buy carrier rigs or something. gang shed for making money gives you bonus for selling drugs and cheaper crafting,etc. add more cool stuff

-make points move faster & closer to each other. no further than 2-2.5km away from at least one of the points

- ADD SWAT/CTRG: a cop faction, or a faction that teams up in a group with gangs that dont have enough numbers to make it a full roster. this i a easy way to get 1 or 2 more full gangs on the server to fight.

9 minutes ago, FudgeR said:

if you want the server to succeed you probably need to unban players. some have their accounts linked to other people, others would not cheat again if they had the chance. i know some people that cheated for different reasons and would not do it again, others purposely wanted to get banned to end their arma addiction and now want to come back for whatever reason.
say what you want, but i knoww so many people that would main this domination but just cant play, and giving them a second chance might make the server poppin again. (especially if its taken care of)

Good Ideas But with the current state of Asylum The Chances of Someone getting a 2nd Chance are non existent some bad eggs ruined it for others 

EDIT Cheaters On Asylum will Never get a 2nd chance first hand experience dealing with cheaters they are always sorry then cheat again  

3 minutes ago, Infamous [FULL SEND] said:

it's not, all it is, is faggots sitting on roofs or in buildings that you CANNOT pen AT ALL, cherno is best map!

this is henry we're talking about, have you seen east arms on the normal asylum server? unless someone goes in sahrani and makes some with normal arma 3 building thats we can pen it's going to be horrible.

so then as i said before. you get me wwalt or tom to help making the zones. we all care about the server & play and would love to help make it the  best.

Good Ideas But with the current state of Asylum The Chances of Someone getting a 2nd Chance are non existent some bad eggs ruined it for others 

Henry is not the man for the job, give me the mission file and domination will get some much needed love!

1 minute ago, FudgeR said:

so then as i said before. you get me wwalt or tom to help making the zones. we all care about the server & play and would love to help make it the  best.

then go for it! i'd love to see what you guys come up with

you dont have to unban everyone. but some people are actually banned from other servers cause the admins 'think they are cheating' or for some dumb shit like that. others actually just would love to get a second chance if they could. 

22 minutes ago, Ethan Darrell said:

EDIT Cheaters On Asylum will Never get a 2nd chance first hand experience dealing with cheaters they are always sorry then cheat again  

i know people from gta/oly/reborn who got unbanned and havent cheated again.

Ethan Darrell likes this

Closer caps: not a road trip simulator to get to the nearest cap for a fight, some caps are 3km+ from the rebels

UI changes: Right now its a rip of Olympus HUD
If you've ever played COD or Battlefield domination and seen the HUD:

Spoiler

Concept:

Spoiler

fR4hqOD.png

v1:

Spoiler

FQJ2lfL.jpg

v2 (HUD in corner out of the way, Markers well over the capture area to not obstruct view. HUD stays visible on death screen so you know what is going on)

Spoiler

795PKMF.jpg

Better payout curve: Sort each gang at end per points score. Add all points scored in total, divide pot by total points and pay per point scored or something else

Fix any bugs: there's probably bugs, I think HVT was bugged

FudgeR likes this
  • Payouts should be based on points, not placement.
  • Stratis is a bad map. It's too hilly and has only one road to traverse the map in a reasonable amount of time; furthermore, the only potential locations for capture points are along this road, which poses an even more annoying problem.
  • Chernarus is a good map. It has plenty of space for creativity in capture point design and is absolutely massive.
  • 2 hours ago, FudgeR said:

LOWER HOTZONE TIME or make it more often n low timer (maybe 2 hotzones of 5-8 mins)

^this, right now a single hotzone comes up the entire game, and it's usually the deciding factor

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=583544987&searchtext=cup+terrains

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=583496184&searchtext=cup+terrains

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1981964169&searchtext=cup+terrains

^Those are the mods Olympus uses for it's modded maps, it has something like 16 modded maps. Not sure if Maps 2.0 is required, but I have it. The reason I'd recommend sticking to these is because they're some of the best community modded maps available and it would make switching between servers less of a hassle.

The new UI looks nice.

FudgeR likes this
6 hours ago, tom said:
    • Tuesday - Altis
  • New Zones
  • NO TANOA
    • The forest is terrible
    • 1,000 Kills
    • 1,500 kills
  • SWAT
    • Max Group of 6
    • 5K loadouts

2 hours ago, FudgeR said:

-rotate between altis, malden, chernauras, sahrani, maybe stratis AND THE SNOW MAP (forgot the name). 3 zones each map where people vote for zone 5 mins before it starts.

Im all for these,all but that last part...oof,if people did learn there lesson good,but idk in the past it never worked out(for the ones who legit was cheating).

Between all the closest cheating over the last couple years,its killed it for me a bit, aswell for others in DS,an most times its the same people who once again get bored an turn to cheats just to meme.

For me would be the time the server is up an the days there up,Im thinking of having it on a set time to go up for the start of a server session an then based off the numbers by the end of the session or 15-30 min before its over(based off points or the time) have it check for x amount of active players,not the lobby

Have it pop up 2-3 times a day for NA an EU? an ofc if above is a thing server will stay up if numbers are up.

Maybe even incorporate a Discord bot to ping people who may be in the chat or something of that nature. like a 30 min heads up or something

Also how come you want church walls indestructible? like so you cant wall bang or you just cant knock em over ?

More profit should be a thing for sure,i know its not meant to be a way to make money,but should be obtainable for the people who dont grind much..

3 minutes ago, DankBud said:

Im all for these,all but that last part...oof,if people did learn there lesson good,but idk in the past it never worked out(for the ones who legit was cheating).

Between all the closest cheating over the last couple years,its killed it for me a bit, aswell for others in DS,an most times its the same people who once again get bored an turn to cheats just to meme.

For me would be the time the server is up an the days there up,Im thinking of having it on a set time to go up for the start of a server session an then based off the numbers by the end of the session or 15-30 min before its over(based off points or the time) have it check for x amount of active players,not the lobby

Have it pop up 2-3 times a day for NA an EU? an ofc if above is a thing server will stay up if numbers are up.

Maybe even incorporate a Discord bot to ping people who may be in the chat or something of that nature. like a 30 min heads up or something

Also how come you want church walls indestructible? like so you cant wall bang or you just cant knock em over ?

More profit should be a thing for sure,i know its not meant to be a way to make money,but should be obtainable for the people who dont grind much..

look... have you ever done something stupid irl and regretted it later on? same thing. either way i am not by any means talking about a mass unban.

church walls cant be knocked down, still shoot through. log on olympus and check it out its pretty cool

Ethan Darrell and DankBud like this
5 minutes ago, FudgeR said:

look... have you ever done something stupid irl and regretted it later on? same thing. either way i am not by any means talking about a mass unban.

church walls cant be knocked down, still shoot through. log on olympus and check it out its pretty cool

i get where your coming from with it.

an ive liked the idea of the walls like that an might do

3 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Closer caps: not a road trip simulator to get to the nearest cap for a fight, some caps are 3km+ from the rebels

UI changes: Right now its a rip of Olympus HUD
If you've ever played COD or Battlefield domination and seen the HUD:

Hide contents

Concept:

Reveal hidden contents

fR4hqOD.png

v1:

Reveal hidden contents

FQJ2lfL.jpg

v2 (HUD in corner out of the way, Markers well over the capture area to not obstruct view. HUD stays visible on death screen so you know what is going on)

Reveal hidden contents

795PKMF.jpg

Better payout curve: Sort each gang at end per points score. Add all points scored in total, divide pot by total points and pay per point scored or something else

Fix any bugs: there's probably bugs, I think HVT was bugged

Alright here's the thing bub, yes the UI looks fucking amazing and the whole thing you did with draw 3d is fucking sick. But we do not care about a new UI, it's not going to magically make dom more fun apart from making it look POG AF. what we need are new Domination zones either on altis (not preferred) or on maps like cherno (something to stop it from being so repetitive) if it really comes down to it i'll make some events that can be added into the server. 

On 8/24/2021 at 3:58 PM, tom said:

I found some good points for South Zone.

The main thing with the eastern area of the map is if you want to add any rocks and also want to stay in the theme of the area, you have to use those shitty brown ones that you can't even climb on top of most of the time. The caps you found look really nice though, the Pyrgos rebel one is a little ehh just because people don't like tower fighting.

I've been working on ones near the drug cartel caps, because I really wanted to find a way to integrate drug house into domination, that I can throw up here at some point when they're finished.

Edit 1:

79419d37fe90a7b2ef4f70c4530557f8.jpg

These are the points I've been working with. Furthest distance between two points is 2.5 km, furthest distance from rebel to any point is 1.4 km. I'll get with Fudger at some point and start editing/further designing them.

Edit 2:

953510d4802487b52ec822e1c3dfc5cf.jpg

This is the updated zone after some tweaks were made. Still working on Capture Points 1, 3, & 5, but the rest of the zones are ready to go unless anyone else wants to provide feedback on them, some of them are overly simplistic in some areas and I feel like they could use slight improvements.

Still unsure as to where I want the rebels to be, since the rebel in the screenshot before probably won't cut it for this map anymore with the point in Katalaki. All Rebel markers are possible spots for rebel outposts, not guaranteed ones.

Some approximate measurements:

Dom Rebel - ~2.5 km from the furthest cap (Cap 3), ~500 m from the nearest (Cap 5/7)

Rebel 2 - ~3.2 km from the furthest cap (Cap 6), ~1 km from the nearest (Cap 3)

Rebel 3 - ~1.7 km from the furthest cap (Cap 3), ~600 m from the nearest (Cap 4/5)

Rebel 4 - ~1.9 km from the furthest cap (Cap 3/7), ~500 m from the nearest (Cap 4)

All of this is open to suggestion. If anyone has ideas on better locations for rebels, DM me or quote/reply in this thread. I already considered a boat rebel, it's a mistake.

Edited by Vanilla Coke
544heu, Bera, Paradox_ and 1 other like this

To add to this.

TIMES:

Tuesday 6:30, lets be honest most people NA are either commuting home from their jobs or are still at their jobs depending on where in the country they are.

Thursday 8:30 Does not clash with OLY Conquest.

Friday add for 830.

Saturday and Sunday: 3PM

Added Maps: Chernarus/Malden/Stratis/Takistan

NO TANOA

We need Cap rotations at the very least.

Flags should have a Cap radius of 15m, not 2m. makes cappers completely and utterly useless during a push.

Edited by House ;)
4 hours ago, House ;) said:

To add to this.

TIMES:

Tuesday 6:30, lets be honest most people NA are either commuting home from their jobs or are still at their jobs depending on where in the country they are.

Thursday 8:30 Does not clash with OLY Conquest.

Friday add for 830.

Saturday and Sunday: 3PM

Added Maps: Chernarus/Malden/Stratis/Takistan

NO TANOA

We need Cap rotations at the very least.

Flags should have a Cap radius of 15m, not 2m. makes cappers completely and utterly useless during a push.

fuck stratis and takistan tbh. download cup maps (i think) and look at all the amazing modded maps- the snow one looks crazy

.Sean and Bera like this
On 8/24/2021 at 3:39 AM, FudgeR said:

Log on olympus and get killed by cheaters that got a 2nd chance already too

Noma shouldnt get unbanned shut up about that shit

1 hour ago, John Lemmon said:

Log on olympus and get killed by cheaters that got a 2nd chance already too

Noma shouldnt get unbanned shut up about that shit

i wwasn't talking about noma, i could name at least 3 ppl that unbanned would bring a whole gang to dom. i mean someone was false banned from oly a week or 2 ago and got it lifted but mitch won't unban him cus 'the group of ppl he plays with'