date of birth on apps

2 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Same reason you gotta tell the gas station clerk your DOB when buying tobacco. Gotta be a certain age. Is there an alternative way we could verify age before letting someone continue with the application process? 

previously Asylum asked for age, and DOB if you were under a certain age - I don't see how collecting the DOB of everyone helps you verify age, especially not those who were previously cops and didn't specify their DOB.

1 hour ago, Kraken said:

I feel like JamieH should have to take a picture of his ID and submit that now as well. 

tbh I'm just complaining because I don't feel like giving my DOB to a community that can be incredibly toxic (no offence) 🤷‍♂️

24 minutes ago, JamieH said:

previously Asylum asked for age, and DOB if you were under a certain age - I don't see how collecting the DOB of everyone helps you verify age, especially not those who were previously cops and didn't specify their DOB.

tbh I'm just complaining because I don't feel like giving my DOB to a community that can be incredibly toxic (no offence) 🤷‍♂️

You realize its not public information on those applications right? Only staff and SGT+ can see those applications, its not like I can pull up your app just to see how old you are... Its the same reason gang applications ask for age, for the most part maturity comes with age and there's a minimum requirement that needs to be met. No one is forcing you to apply. Same reason movie theatres might ask you for your ID if your going to an R rated movie and you look like your 12, before you enter they might ID you, they dont wait for you to sit down in the theatre then ask how old you are, there is a requirement you need to meet. Unfortunately there's no way for them to 100% verify your age on apps and they are hoping you answer the questions truthfully. 

Edited by Kraken
16 minutes ago, Kraken said:

You realize its not public information on those applications right? Only staff and SGT+ can see those applications, its not like I can pull up your app just to see how old you are... Its the same reason gang applications ask for age, for the most part maturity comes with age and there's a minimum requirement that needs to be met. No one is forcing you to apply. Same reason movie theatres might ask you for your ID if your going to an R rated movie and you look like your 12, before you enter they might ID you, they dont wait for you to sit down in the theatre then ask how old you are, there is a requirement you need to meet. Unfortunately there's no way for them to 100% verify your age on apps and they are hoping you answer the questions truthfully. 

i just don't see why it's relevant to people who were already APD, also as if no SGT+ has ever been toxic. 

Policy change? Updates to application to make them better? They are making sure they aren't wasting their time training people again.

Video games are toxic. Life in general can be toxic. As Rocky once said "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward." If you cant take toxicity from people you've never met, people you cant see, people that literally don't mean a damn thing, your going to struggle dude. TBH though it seems this world is catering more and more to snowflakes now a days, I think that's the biggest issue.

5 minutes ago, JamieH said:

i just don't see why it's relevant to people who were already APD, also as if no SGT+ has ever been toxic. 

Things are different now. We need to know your age among other things for multiple reasons. If there's nothing to hide, whats the problem with that information being provided?

Kraken likes this
11 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Same reason you gotta tell the gas station clerk your DOB when buying tobacco. Gotta be a certain age. Is there an alternative way we could verify age before letting someone continue with the application process? 

They can always post a copy of their ID and a photo of themselves with a shoe on top of their head

Mitch (IFRIT) likes this
10 hours ago, JamieH said:

I don't see how collecting the DOB of everyone helps you verify age, especially not those who were previously cops and didn't specify their DOB.

Any age discrepancy even if you lied in the past is a blacklist. DOB makes sure that you didn't lie in the past and is more specific. You'd be surprised how many people forget their DOB when you ask them on the spot. 

GravL, Vista and Jr4life24 like this
48 minutes ago, Bherky said:

Any age discrepancy even if you lied in the past is a blacklist. DOB makes sure that you didn't lie in the past and is more specific. You'd be surprised how many people forget their DOB when you ask them on the spot. 

not me going into a support team interview and forgetting i lied and saying wrong age

lukee likes this
2 hours ago, Bherky said:

I sometimes forget my year of birth. Gotta sometimes check my app once and again just to remind myself.

Joshhh, pan fried and Niklaus like this
4 hours ago, Bherky said:

🤣

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To be honest if anyone for whatever reason is *this* concerned with info as useless to an individual as a DoB then why not just have applications ask for age in a number then DoB gets asked during an interview to tell if people get the dates spot on and matched up... 🤷‍♂️

Will still have the same current security for people lying about ages since old app's before this change would still show DoB's. This way only LT's really will ever need to hear a DoB and even then it wont be recorded anywhere other than a usually one time verbal conversation.

Edited by Repto