Changelog - September

Mr. Slick

5 hours ago, Kraken said:

how much it costs to run the server, website, discord, TeamSpeak, server protection, and other misc. costs.

Ill over shoot my estimates.
Server- $400 Including Protection 
Websites- $200 
Discord- Free 

Teamspeak- $100 and useless use discord.

Misc- $300 

Not to mention, country boy mitch is accepting crypto that's all profit none of these expenses accept crypto. 

Your ignorant if you think he isn't lining his pockets and not paying the dev's. Nether one of us know exactly the margin because the owner isn't transparent, I wonder why?

9 minutes ago, Swae said:

Ill over shoot my estimates.
Server- $400 Including Protection 
Websites- $200 
Discord- Free 

Teamspeak- $100 and useless use discord.

Misc- $300 

Not to mention, country boy mitch is accepting crypto that's all profit none of these expenses accept crypto. 

Your ignorant if you think he isn't lining his pockets and not paying the dev's. Nether one of us know exactly the margin because the owner isn't transparent, I wonder why?

None of us will ever know because its none of our god damn business. Your saying he isn't transparent with how much money he makes has to be the most idiotic shit I've seen on here. And you wonder why???? Just to reinstate my previous point, because its no ones god damn business. Were talking about and Arma 3 community, a game. This isnt a fortune 500 company. Hes relying on ad revenue from the website and donations for upkeep. God forbid he keeps a few bucks. Do you think the devs are being held hostage or something? They are here because they enjoy the community and want to see it thrive. They could leave whenever the fuck they want.  

8 hours ago, Kraken said:

None of us will ever know because its none of our god damn business. Your saying he isn't transparent with how much money he makes has to be the most idiotic shit I've seen on here. And you wonder why???? Just to reinstate my previous point, because its no ones god damn business. Were talking about and Arma 3 community, a game. This isnt a fortune 500 company. Hes relying on ad revenue from the website and donations for upkeep. God forbid he keeps a few bucks. Do you think the devs are being held hostage or something? They are here because they enjoy the community and want to see it thrive. They could leave whenever the fuck they want.  

Calm down bud im saying to pay the dev's for there work and maybe you'd get more outta them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hotfix #7: 
- Fixed the Federal Reserve going elevated while boltcutting a gate
- Changed the buy price of Ifrits from 250k to 150k
- Fixed trunk weight issues due to Domination changes
- Fixed some cop talents not showing up in the talent tree
- Fixed vehicles not disappearing from one's garage if it was blown up
- Fixed a clipping issue with a stone pile near the Fungi Den
- Fixed some HQ buildings being destroyable when they shouldn't be

ObiWoki, Copa, Kraken and 3 others like this

Hotfix #8:
- Fixed placeable objects not being able to be picked up again after disconnecting
- Fixed The Unrestrainer quest incrementing from the incorrect action
- Fixed 4-five not being an illegal item when it should be
- Added Type 115 black to CPL+ (non-undercover)
- Added a confirmation prompt for seizing house inventory as a cop
- Some fixes related to what is displayed when searching a house
- Increased the cooldown between consecutive federal events from 8 minutes to 15 minutes.
- Fixed an occasional issue with spawning at the Dump HQ for cops.
- Being revived will now tell you that you're being revived and pause your bleed out timer.

Bera, TNT, Copa and 10 others like this
1 hour ago, Crossfade said:

whats so bad about back to back events? if u wanna roleplay go to a hardcore roleplay server.. asylum has always been about light roleplay and more combat. adding time limits between just reduces the amount of events each restart making it boring.

It's more of an economy thing. Constant events mean no cops around the map to bust drugs and other money making activities and constant 250k+ in cash being handed out per fed event. It inflates the already inflated economy even more. 

You're right, it's only light roleplay. But it's not just solely a combat server either.. 

Panda, |Cam| and MacKOG like this
4 hours ago, skimancole said:

It's more of an economy thing. Constant events mean no cops around the map to bust drugs and other money making activities and constant 250k+ in cash being handed out per fed event. It inflates the already inflated economy even more. 

You're right, it's only light roleplay. But it's not just solely a combat server either.. 

fair enough, see a solid answer.. none of this we are tired of back to back events 🙂 cheers

skimancole likes this
15 hours ago, Crossfade said:

if u wanna roleplay go to a hardcore roleplay server.. asylum has always been about light roleplay and more combat.

I’m gonna respectfully disagree with you there. Altis life appeals to both sides and it’s up to individual to decide what they want to focus on (be it RP or solely heavy combat/ rebel life). Also… not a fan of the “if you don’t like it leave” mentality. I get it’s not all RP all the time, and I do not mind getting in a shootout by any means, all part of the job. 

1 hour ago, |Cam| said:

I’m gonna respectfully disagree with you there. Altis life appeals to both sides and it’s up to individual to decide what they want to focus on (be it RP or solely heavy combat/ rebel life). Also… not a fan of the “if you don’t like it leave” mentality. I get it’s not all RP all the time, and I do not mind getting in a shootout by any means, all part of the job. 

based

2 hours ago, |Cam| said:

heard there's hardcore rp servers out there to join.. asylum has always been a fight server lmfao.

or maybe they should stop forcing cops to attend every event? go bitch to the captains about it.

22 hours ago, Crossfade said:

heard there's hardcore rp servers out there to join.. asylum has always been a fight server lmfao.

or maybe they should stop forcing cops to attend every event? go bitch to the captains about it.

Why dont the devs just hand out free money then. If you dont think cops should have to attend whats the point. Just drop a bag of money on the ground every 30 minutes for people to pick up.

Asylum at its core is an RP server, its kind of in the description, its the reason you cant just walk up to someone and shoot them. If you dont like it i think you need to go play king of the hill and satisfy your cravings, or, go iniatiate (RP) with someone and kill them. 😴

|Cam| likes this
On 11/20/2021 at 8:33 PM, Crossfade said:

No?

3 hours ago, Ken. said:

No?

Its pretty simple, even though it is a "light rp server" it is still a rp server. There is still other things to do like patrol drug fields so people can freely print money, along with other things like assist with other civilians that need help from officers with various things. This is pretty hard to accomplish when you don't even have enough time to transport people back to the police HQ and finish processing them before another event starts.

As for the "its a light rp server, go play a hardcore one if you dont like the combat", yes its still a rp server and yes I too am sick of the back to back to back events and from time to time would like to just patrol and get into a chase and find natural combat without having to push a group of rebels that are already set up in a heavily fortified position. You say go find a hardcore rp server, kid... im already on a rp server, you want hardcore combat go play KOTH.

MacKOG and Innate like this