How to quick swap Steam accounts.

Tyler

If you are like me and either have a back up steam account, smurf accounts, undercover cadet account, or just an account you hop on to fuck around and troll n shit whatever then this is how i keep up with not only my like 8 different CSGO smurf accounts but also my main account (which is VAC banned on CS) and my main CSGO account.

First go to your steam directory mine is: This PC/Windows (C:)/Program Files (x86)/Steam

Once here right click your "steam.exe" and click create shortcut for however many steam accounts you want to swap between.

Name the shortcuts whatever you want ex. "MainAccount", "CSGOSmurf", "UCCadet", etc. Right click the shortcuts and hit "Properties" and under the "Shortcut" tab you should see the directory of where your steam is installed like so: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe"

Edit this line and add a space and type -login username password

For example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -login Tyler JakeIsABitch

So the username would be Tyler and the Password would be the very true statement @Jakeis a bitch.

Once you have this done for all of the accounts you plan on switching between all you need to do is create a Text Document on your desktop or a notepad either works fine and paste this command.

@echo off
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam"
taskkill /F /IM steam.exe
start account1.lnk
exit

where the code says "start account1.lnk" make sure to change that for each command prompt you make to correspond with the different steam shortcuts you made so for example. My shortcut would be named "MainAccount" with the username Tyler and password JakeIsABitch my start line would then be "start MainAccount.lnk"

Hit "Save As" and rename it whatever you want but instead of a .txt make sure you save it as a .cmd (Keep in mind if you have steam on a different drive than your C drive you will need to change that.

Once you have done this you will have .cmd files you can now double click to close your steam, launch a new steam, log you in with the username and password you provided. If you have steam guard you will still need to enter your steam guard code upon login just like normal but if you want to swap between accounts this is THE fastest way and is 100% guaranteed to be just as safe as logging in yourself unless someone has access to your PC then you are fucked anyways.

Examples:
9c670833ba26fd20ff583c74103165b8.png

1fbccf48b83848a6dcafa88d56e24754.png

Edited by Tyler
  • 1 year later...

If anyone uses this the new Steam update kinda broke it but there is an easy fix.

Now you just add -noreactlogin to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -login Tyler JakeIsABitch

So it should look like this... "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -noreactlogin -login Tyler JakeIsABitch