Electric bills.

So every 7 days. 
45k for a 40k house
45k x 3 for 150k houses
45k gang house. 

225k every 7 days. 

How does the system make sense? a house that can hold 1000 inventory has the same electrical bill as a house with 3000 inventory?

Seems like a lazy uninformed implementation without any regard for balance and adressing the problem of house hoarding and more concern on a money sink.

Ive heard if you upgrade it with crypto you have to pay 200k+ per house upgraded? Can anyone shed light on it?

Seems a bit extreme for me, i understand the need to free up some houses and stop people hoarding, surely a progressive per house would make more sense than a flat rate? what's your thoughts on this? 

Im 

Edited by DS_Billy
Gaige and SuperfarvaOG like this

This literally makes me NOT want to play the game.

I don't play Arma3 to grind. I play to have fun. Now I have to spend an RPG equivalent loadout every week. 

Why not try to fix the server lag before adding in stupid shit?

b1b73804d287387aad51131b1449e663.jpg
https://gyazo.com/b1b73804d287387aad51131b1449e663

Edited by Henry Facesmasher
15 hours ago, Blake. said:

play the game or lose your houses

If this is a stab at house hoarding, which hopefully it is and NOT a money sink, then why not just reduce the inactive days from 30 to 7 for you to lose a house? Make it 7 days that you don't access your house and you'll lose it. Same exact outcome minus the losing new players and even the already rich players who don't want to pay over 100k to maintain their houses. As a player who uses my money to fight cartels, and to create situations with the APD and such, which is what keeps the server alive, I do not hoard money or have the capabilities to do so, I make enough money to fight and fight until I need to make enough money to fight. If I have to pay for my houses every 7 days, when I don't even get that much time to play on top of work and college in general, then why the hell am I playing anyway? If I have to grind every time I get on just to maintain the ability to spawn somewhere else? To store things in something that's not a car, which can be stolen? It is quite frankly a stupid implementation with no thought under it. Find other ways to sink all of the rich players money. This is the only DEFINITIVE way of killing Arma 3's life servers. Asylum is one of the only ones left. Don't ruin what has been so great.

MacKOG, 808state and SuperfarvaOG like this
2 minutes ago, Defragments said:

Naaah. That's stupid. Just remove electricity bills for people without crypto upgrades. Fixed.

I'd be happier with ifrits being 1k each than having to waste so much money on houses I ALREADY spent a ton of money on.

Yeah, I agree, none of the ideas I stated have been thought about or actually have anything backing them, I was just throwing alternatives that came to mind quickly as I wrote the response.

808state likes this
Just now, Gaige said:

Yeah, I agree, none of the ideas I stated have been thought about or actually have anything backing them, I was just throwing alternatives that came to mind quickly as I wrote the response.

I just think this whole electricity thing is anti-fun. If it is the price to pay for crypto then fine. But I didn't invest in any of that. No house charges for like 6 years or however long. Don't add it in now. It's just annoying. It doesn't make me think "wow I better grind some money to make sure I can pay my bills!". It makes me feel like I am gonna end up forced to make money when I don't feel like it. I spent a long time already grinding for money during my time on this server.

SuperfarvaOG and 808state like this

Idk why you guys are wanting to incentivize not playing your server.  Also not all us want to do a constant grind to keep our money where it is, I know some people like grinding money but for most people its just fun in small doses.

If this is about housing on Asylum, why not just start with a small change?  Such as when you have five houses you can't check houses to see if they are for sale, that might reduce some of the house hunting

I like the electric bill period 

Game needed a money sink, people get money easily with drugs so why not have your houses cost you money like they should
the people complaining about it are usualy just people that barely play the game and never want to make money when they do play which is not how a life server should be. 
i'm going against my gang opinion with this as well but if people actually have to grind more often, there will also be more interactions / reasons to rob people other then just to mess with someone will make places that are quite dead like 90% of the map is right now come alive again

So keep the electric bill , removing it only benefits people that sit in their houses all day / get on to fight  or only log on to make sure they dont lose their houses

I had to pay 400k for all my houses that's like 300 lsd / wax how ever am i going to make that money back in a week =/ HMMMMM PLEASE REMOVE SOMETHING THIS GAME NEEDS < sarcasm 

Also you guys complaining are pussies  jk

The END love you henry facesmasher ❤️

33 minutes ago, Juan Lei said:

I like the electric bill period 

Game needed a money sink, people get money easily with drugs so why not have your houses cost you money like they should
the people complaining about it are usualy just people that barely play the game and never want to make money when they do play which is not how a life server should be. 
i'm going against my gang opinion with this as well but if people actually have to grind more often, there will also be more interactions / reasons to rob people other then just to mess with someone will make places that are quite dead like 90% of the map is right now come alive again

So keep the electric bill , removing it only benefits people that sit in their houses all day / get on to fight  or only log on to make sure they dont lose their houses

I had to pay 400k for all my houses that's like 300 lsd / wax how ever am i going to make that money back in a week =/ HMMMMM PLEASE REMOVE SOMETHING THIS GAME NEEDS < sarcasm 

Also you guys complaining are pussies  jk

The END love you henry facesmasher ❤️

This would require people to be doing runs for way longer than they need to be. You have to do a run every single week for your house upkeeps. Not everyone has that time to grind house electric bill money, and still enjoy the game. You're only thinking about the rich players. This affects all the new players. Say you're new and just bought a new one crater, you now have to pay that one craters cost every single week. Bullshit and not fun at all. This update is going to lose players and make Asylum die even faster. The end is near but it doesn't need to be because of this unthoughtful forced out update.

SuperfarvaOG likes this
14 minutes ago, Gaige said:

This would require people to be doing runs for way longer than they need to be. You have to do a run every single week for your house upkeeps. Not everyone has that time to grind house electric bill money, and still enjoy the game. You're only thinking about the rich players. This affects all the new players. Say you're new and just bought a new one crater, you now have to pay that one craters cost every single week. Bullshit and not fun at all. This update is going to lose players and make Asylum die even faster. The end is near but it doesn't need to be because of this unthoughtful forced out update.

If you're new and buy a 1 crater without upgrades you pay less then 40k i'm pretty sure, which is 1 mining run of diamonds without finding gold nuggets / pc parts / treasure maps , if people dont want to grind dont play a life server and play koth 

Money got easier not just for rich people but for new people as well as demonstrated above , there's so much money being added into the game doing even the basic stuff as a beginner like mining , even doing 1 quest can pay for almost 2 houses after completing. 

If anything maybe a warning about the electric bill when purchasing a house for new players might be a good thing to add so they don't just save up 40k and then instantly buy a house.

Edited by Juan Lei
extra info
13 hours ago, 808state said:

145k for 1 shed with mining rig in it , a mining rig i used for 2 restarts then my console vanished and i made 1200 in game for 3.5 mill invested lol . hopefully it  changes soon or ill just find another server/game   . straight up money grab update 

gonna give it a few weeks and see what happens but that was a rough start. 

Im glad the electricity bills are here. I can afford it no problem. Ive been sayin the entire time asylum has to much money on it. glad admins added this.

I do think u should add a method for us to reduce our bill .

808state likes this

I can afford it as well , but the new guys and smaller gangs might not be able to. so u think people wasting a mill a month on bills is a good thing? rather than them spending it on stuff that makes the server fun to play (kits,vehicles,cartels,banks,fed events etc)? imagine someone that grinds diamonds all week to pay bills that sound super fun....agree on method to reduce bills or just charge the people mining crypto  bills . or maybe reduced bills for newer players . 

On 9/11/2021 at 9:59 PM, DS_Billy said:

So every 7 days. 
45k for a 40k house
45k x 3 for 150k houses
45k gang house. 

225k every 7 days. 

How does the system make sense? a house that can hold 1000 inventory has the same electrical bill as a house with 3000 inventory?

Seems like a lazy uninformed implementation without any regard for balance and adressing the problem of house hoarding and more concern on a money sink.

Ive heard if you upgrade it with crypto you have to pay 200k+ per house upgraded? Can anyone shed light on it?

Seems a bit extreme for me, i understand the need to free up some houses and stop people hoarding, surely a progressive per house would make more sense than a flat rate? what's your thoughts on this? 

Im 

Damn they were on a roll, then this. This is the Absolute worst thing that has ever happened to this server. I got cash and i refuse to pay, they want $161k for a single house with the upgrade but zero PC's. I didn't earn my cash to blow it to access the items ive already grinded for.  

Till this is fixed ill just be pistol banging.

this comment in no way supports or acknowledges DS. But Billy beat me to it!  gg

808state likes this
16 minutes ago, Superfarva said:

Damn they were on a roll, then this. This is the Absolute worst thing that has ever happened to this server. I got cash and i refuse to pay, they want $161k for a single house with the upgrade but zero PC's. I didn't earn my cash to blow it to access the items ive already grinded for.  

Till this is fixed ill just be pistol banging.

this comment in no way supports or acknowledges DS. But Billy beat me to it!  gg

my console i grinded for 2 days to get vanished after 2 restarts lol...not sure if woulda even made 161k at the rate it was going.  now im just paying the bills for nothing 

SuperfarvaOG likes this
4 minutes ago, 808state said:

my console i grinded for 2 days to get vanished after 2 restarts lol...not sure if woulda even made 161k at the rate it was going.  now im just paying the bills for nothing 

I personally am not upset at the speed the miners obtain crypto, because i haven't assembled any PC's, and IRL miners don't make you rich over night. However they don't break down over night either. So clearly the maintenance aspect needs major changes. I assumed the crypto aspect would be a constant tweak for the staff. I did go ahead and buy the upgrade to have it ready for the future.

I have some cash in the bank and its not at all an issue to pay asked amount of 162k.. 162k ?????????????? to access the shit i already grinded for? I have zero PC's. I try not to bitch on the forums often but my god. I could see maybe 10k tops for an electric bill.

In what fucking part of the world does anyone pay anywhere close to 160k bill for a single family home.  Its just so random and ridiculous. I can believe nothing other than the programmer, or lead to the programmer was high or drunk while dialing in the figures regarding the bills, to many zeros.  Should be no more than a 4 figure in my opinion. 

All we can do know is voice our concerns and see what the team will do. Maybe they want out the money hoarders, or maybe they have completely other plans. All i know is i cant see my self paying that even once. This is a bummer. 

53 minutes ago, 808state said:

I can afford it as well , but the new guys and smaller gangs might not be able to. so u think people wasting a mill a month on bills is a good thing? rather than them spending it on stuff that makes the server fun to play (kits,vehicles,cartels,banks,fed events etc)? imagine someone that grinds diamonds all week to pay bills that sound super fun....agree on method to reduce bills or just charge the people mining crypto  bills . or maybe reduced bills for newer players . 

new guy / smaller gangs if they dont upgrade their houses will have to pay 40k / house it depends on the upgrades you have installed.
if you can't afford to spend a mil each month then maybe don't buy 5 houses and install crypto miners in each of them 

808state likes this
8 minutes ago, Juan Lei said:

new guy / smaller gangs if they dont upgrade their houses will have to pay 40k / house it depends on the upgrades you have installed.
if you can't afford to spend a mil each month then maybe don't buy 5 houses and install crypto miners in each of them 

its 45k 

there was zero warning about the upgrade alone (zero pcs') raising the cost 120k.

its not about affording anything in my opinion. Its about grind to fun ratio.

Anyone who has a house has grinded for it in some aspect.

Anyone who has stocked there house full of weapons has grinded in some aspect. 

Anyone who has accumulated cash has grinded in some aspect. 

The point being, we have all grinded for what we have, we shouldn't have to grind to keep it, or use it (aside from the normal vehicle pull fee.) 

I see nothing wrong for charging an electric bill (within reason) for those who are actively mining crypto. 

I just do not see the logic behind charging us for all that we already grinded. There has not been a housing problem. 

There is always a house to buy for new players etc. Maybe not the house they want but no one start in paradise. 

808state likes this
20 minutes ago, Juan Lei said:

i didnt install crypto on each house only 1 shed and like i said (thats not even mining anymore) , even with no miners installed its still  900k a month for  5    1 crates 

SuperfarvaOG likes this

I think a lot of people that are worrying about the new players on the server are the same ones who's goal it is to fuck them over when their on the server.

Moving on

I understand the change was a shock to everyone. But it was clear from my end that the server does have a ton of money on it. I see above people complaining about having to do 1 run of something to cover the cost of holding a house? What are you supposed to do on a life server then? Surly there is more than just standing around in a town.

But fret not, it's being adjusted and reworked to account for the feedback we have received. I hope that the next change to it is better received. 

However if you don't want to pay to keep a house on your account. There are up to 900 other people a day who play the server that may be up for the responsibility to maintain the ownership..I encourage you to review your housing needs and make adjustments where needed. 

Stay tuned for a hot fix that addresses some of the concerns you guys have brought up. 

1 hour ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

I think a lot of people that are worrying about the new players on the server are the same ones who's goal it is to fuck them over when their on the server.

Moving on

I understand the change was a shock to everyone. But it was clear from my end that the server does have a ton of money on it. I see above people complaining about having to do 1 run of something to cover the cost of holding a house? What are you supposed to do on a life server then? Surly there is more than just standing around in a town.

But fret not, it's being adjusted and reworked to account for the feedback we have received. I hope that the next change to it is better received. 

However if you don't want to pay to keep a house on your account. There are up to 900 other people a day who play the server that may be up for the responsibility to maintain the ownership..I encourage you to review your housing needs and make adjustments where needed. 

Stay tuned for a hot fix that addresses some of the concerns you guys have brought up. 

owned GIF

Crossfade likes this
7 hours ago, 808state said:

I can afford it as well , but the new guys and smaller gangs might not be able to. so u think people wasting a mill a month on bills is a good thing? rather than them spending it on stuff that makes the server fun to play (kits,vehicles,cartels,banks,fed events etc)? imagine someone that grinds diamonds all week to pay bills that sound super fun....

right, so they should allow us to trade our bounty in for blood money. so fighters can fight and farmers can farm.