Re: Electric bills

Mitch (IFRIT)

Changes  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Is this fair?

All,

wanted to first by thanking everyone for their feedback since our recent patch was dropped. I appreciate it regardless if it was positive or negative. Obviously some feel that we missed the mark with our electric bill concept, so I'd like to take a dive into what a solution looks like that satisfies all parties. 

There continues to be a ton of money on the server, and this isn't any new news. We have worked tirelessly to ensure the ease of access to the server content for new and returning players. This means we dropped a lot of prices and increased the prices of which items sold for. Obviously this was a win for anyone on the server and you have all enjoyed it and became comfortable with the relatively easy living. I fully understand that we are not in the prime of the ARMA years so the player base has since changed a bit. Along with the player base change the style of play has changed. I have seen many say they have no desire to do runs to make money and they can't be bothered to spend money on anything but the things they choose to. That in itself is a problem that I don't believe we can address from a server standpoint. SO my focus will not be there. Play the server how you want, just have fun doing it.

So what does a solution look like from my perspective? 

Base Starting   (Per 10 days)

Shed 75k 

100k+ house 45k

70k house 35k

1 crate house 10k

Garage 10k 

Additions 

Miner  10k

Greenhouse 15k

Aging Barrel 20k

Gang Base 10k

Lead Container 15k

I think this is extremely fair and still addresses some of my issues. I will look to other ways to address the rest that isn't forced upon everyone, only if they elect. I have made a poll to get your vote on the idea. I have also enabled Mod-Q for this post to weed out the trolls. Regardless of you opinion the post will be approved. Just the spam post will be hidden. 

TheGarbageMan, Copa, Innate and 2 others like this
14 minutes ago, YuSheng said:

I agree auto pay would be nice

17 minutes ago, Donald said:

Can we have the option to set up auto-billing every 10 days so it just takes it from our account without having to pay manually everytime?And a phone app for all of this would be nice

That could be cool. But as staff we would be asked "Why am I missing X money" more often than we would want.

1 minute ago, KrazyKnight said:

If you want my opinion, I feel as so this is fair. Though I really feel as if you should sell your additions if you don't want them anymore. For instance if the market isn't in favor of an aging barrel why have it? Be better to off load that and lessen the blow of your bill in my opinion.

can see that being a issue though. Easy to exploit. and I hate adding stuff that needs further policing. 

KrazyKnight likes this
5 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

That could be cool. But as staff we would be asked "Why am I missing X money" more often than we would want.

Could have a notification pop up when you login that X money was taken to pay electric bills. Also make it so the default payment is manual so players will have to knowingly switch to auto-renewal

4 minutes ago, Donald said:

Could have a notification pop up when you login that X money was taken to pay electric bills. Also make it so the default payment is manual so players will have to knowingly switch to auto-renewal

but i was going to sell that house because I no longer wanted it. I think the issues it presents far outweigh the benefit and a simple command on the server to pay it makes the most sense.

1 minute ago, Mayhem said:

I like this idea but maybe receive 50% of the value back and need a check for virtual/physical upgrades if those were able to removed as well

Yeah. I mean, I am happy even with no money back. I just have lead containers on a few houses that don't really need them. Just there for when I rarely transport some LSD pills over there or get some from metal detecting or whatever. 50% value back would be great.

I wish there were another way to stop house hoarding though. I really dislike that money is the thing being used to keep it in check. I've played like 7000 hours on Asylum, but I've taken some lengthy breaks where I only played a couple times a month. Now if I decide I wanna take a break, I might come back and be missing a large chunk of my bank account to something that wasn't RPG's or minigun Qilins.

Sheriff Rick likes this

This would be expensive for me than before.  I'm not seeing how this is more fair?  The only people who would benefit from such changes are people doing crypto 

I rather there be no electric bills unless you're doing crypto.  The housing system is a lot worse now and that is disappointing.  I think there is ways you could tackle the housing problem without forcing everyone to play the game in a way they don't want to

Edited by Sheriff Rick

Still feel like it doesn't address any core issues. Even if I keep playing the same amount (which is probably still a lot by normal standards, lower than the average you seem to want to be playing) I'll still hold onto the same houses forever? Someone could theoretically just pay the bill on one house whenever he feels like playing for a whole hour a month and the same issue will still exist. It seems like people who play consistently but not an absolute ton or not in the 'intended' way of playing purely to grind money every day are being punished. I feel like people may potentially play less as a whole since its only really worth it to pay the bills if you intend to spend a lot of time on in a given week. Don't really see how it deals with the inflation of money on the server either. I agree that there should be some type of running maintenance cost and way to force people to engage with the server, but not sure if this is quite the right direction. Feels more off-putting to someone like me who mainly plays casually, personally. 

Why is it charging at all unless you have an upgrade? I don't play enough to grind all the money to consistently upkeep my houses for more than a few weeks, nor do I want to. This is supposed to do stuff do people with a lot of money and do nothing but it just hurts the poorer players WAY more. It should be zero unless there's an upgrade. It's really dumb.

This is worse than before lol. I don't understand why you guys even added this in the first place. Nothing happens after not paying your bills except that you can't use the house, so what? The people this update was probably intended for, it won't hurt them at all. If you guys want more houses to be listed to market this was in all honestly a shitty way of going about it. Why not instead go after the people that have <10 hours each month for the past year and wipe those guys? It would make no sense to let them keep their houses after that long.

Crossfade, Azeh, Dan. and 5 others like this
1 hour ago, Sheriff Rick said:

This would be expensive for me than before.  I'm not seeing how this is more fair?  The only people who would benefit from such changes are people doing crypto 

I rather there be no electric bills unless you're doing crypto.  The housing system is a lot worse now and that is disappointing.  I think there is ways you could tackle the housing problem without forcing everyone to play the game in a way they don't want to

Ok.. no problem 

10 minutes ago, Farmer Steve said:

This is worse than before lol. I don't understand why you guys even added this in the first place. Nothing happens after not paying your bills except that you can't use the house, so what? The people this update was probably intended for, it won't hurt them at all. If you guys want more houses to be listed to market this was in all honestly a shitty way of going about it. Why not instead go after the people that have <10 hours each month for the past year and wipe those guys? It would make no sense to let them keep their houses after that long.

Yeah this is kind of the right path perhaps. I know houses are the ultimate 'untouchable' on the server that everyone freaks out about, but if theres a guy who plays less than 10 or even 5 hours a month keeping 5 prime spots might as well just wipe his houses. It's much more forceful but its the only way to have the intended effect that you seem to want. I'm happy for there to be exceptions for people with proof of hardships or deployments or things of that sort, much like the APD has. 

51 minutes ago, Kazuma Kiryu said:

Why is it charging at all unless you have an upgrade? I don't play enough to grind all the money to consistently upkeep my houses for more than a few weeks, nor do I want to. This is supposed to do stuff do people with a lot of money and do nothing but it just hurts the poorer players WAY more. It should be zero unless there's an upgrade. It's really dumb.

I think the devs are really onto something here with the electricity. Why would the house not have an upgrade tho? Any house and every house regardless of upgrades should have a electricity bill. Assuming you've also maxed your physical and virtual inventory, i consider that to be quite a large upgrade. imagine all of the cool stuff that could possibly one day come out in future updates. idk exactly what those things can beee lol.

but maybe security cameras added to the outside of homes, be like a "Security Upgrade".  able to switch thru cameras as you would for example like a APD officer scrolling through the 'Traffic Cams'. almost completely pointless but at least you'd be able to see whats going on outside without needing to go to a window or peak through the wall lol. it'd be pretty cool. with electricity maybe they could even add a dry room into the green house upgrade? Allowing you to dry 35 adult plants every server restart. be a pretty expensive upgrade but good way for passive income for people who actually aren't on the server as much as others. just like liquor aging in the house's. Upgrades like that are also going to bring up your electricity bill. WE NEED SINKS LIKE THIS.

You have 10 days.. it's not to hard to actually make 250k+ an hour on this server. this may also prevent house hoarding. large gangs and their members just buy all adjacent property's around drug areas or dealers. ASSUMING most of those are upgraded there will be some serious coin leaving the server. If

I think instead of an electricity bill make a car insurance, make a monthly tax on people using brackets so that depending on how much money you have (tax brackets). the people who have hundreds of millions of dollars vs the people that have 1mil and the people that have 50k in there account should not be charged the same for house bills. The electric bill will also crash the housing market on the server and making houses something that when you are not active as much as dh not worth it. sorry for possible grammar errors I'm retarded.

5 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

You have not been here long enough if you think that's an L upon login

No, I see the potential in this. The housing market is flooded and it's an issue. Something needs to be done to combat it, but I feel this was not it, and could of been combatted by seeing peoples opinions in it before launching is all. Of couse we appreciate the effort to fix the issue.

1 minute ago, Aristant said:

No, I see the potential in this. The housing market is flooded and it's an issue. Something needs to be done to combat it, but I feel this was not it, and could of been combatted by seeing peoples opinions in it before launching is all. Of couse we appreciate the effort to fix the issue.

People will never advocate to nerf their gameplay. Shit i know in any other game I wouldn't. The other options on the table are not the greatest. I was really hoping that this would work to solve issues and still allow people to maintain their current housing habits with a little work on their behalf. The other options remove that ability sadly. 

4 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

People will never advocate to nerf their gameplay. Shit i know in any other game I wouldn't. The other options on the table are not the greatest. I was really hoping that this would work to solve issues and still allow people to maintain their current housing habits with a little work on their behalf. The other options remove that ability sadly. 

What about dropping how many houses can be owned? Or maybe even making a main house or something like that and then you have to pay to keep more, something rolling along those lines. Because punishment to new players with this can be difficult, but by not shoving a fee in their face they would be happier and have more of an edge than those established, and having less houses more houses would open up to the market.

Edited by Aristant
33 minutes ago, Aristant said:

thank god. Maybe next time before you make a change like that inform the community and get feedback before you hit them with an L when they login.

I still think ya'll crying over nothing. acting like it's the end of the world lol.

Obviously I don't get to see the same data Mitch and devs see and experiences vary.  But I don't really see a major issue with housing aside from hoarding ( Which I am defining as someone who doesn't play but logs in once every month ) and the lengths some people go to snatch up and sell high value houses. 

My gang of mostly casual players hasn't really had a problem getting into areas other than Pyrgos being difficult due to a scarce amount of houses there.  It tends to take cooperation with the people you play with and having the trust to share resources in order to buy more expensive houses.  Part of the reason I think its not so bad is due to the fact that money making is easier than ever before but the trade off being is that certain houses cost millions.  

The way I see it is that there is more of a house hunting problem than there is a problem with players purchasing a house and actively using it.  Which if that is the case, it might be better to nerf flipping houses and house hoarding, although doing so might mess with the market in negative ways.  

Daryl Dixon likes this