Why is it a bad thing people have a lot of money?

These people spent hours upon hours grinding and grinding to get #1 or #2 spot. Why is this a bad thing that Asylum is trying to address?

Yes they have money. Are they going to spend it? Doesn't look like it. The way I see it, money is pointless if you don't spend it. But some people don't see it that way. So why all of the sudden this has become a problem? Just curious.

50 minutes ago, Henry Facesmasher said:

These people spent hours upon hours grinding and grinding to get #1 or #2 spot. Why is this a bad thing that Asylum is trying to address?

Yes they have money. Are they going to spend it? Doesn't look like it. The way I see it, money is pointless if you don't spend it. But some people don't see it that way. So why all of the sudden this has become a problem? Just curious.

@ all admins.

3 hours ago, Henry Facesmasher said:

2 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

@ all admins.

Could be a couple things, if you're trying to get a specific answer @'ing admins is the wrong way of going about it, if you think admins have any gameplay decision power you're wrong.

Few things I can think of (my opinion no one else's)

1. If you have money, don't need to make it (running drugs , or other activities), Makes people avoid conflict / RP which the server lives on

2. blow money on things like vests and speed bombs, one thing we hear A lot of complaints about are people vesting innocent bystanders or speed bombs blowing up people that weren't intended.

3. A lot of players complain about people only riding around in high profile vehicles (ifrits, Qilin's (before nerf)

At the end of the day I'd like to think they aren't targeting people hoarding money specifically, the devs are trying to create content and value behind things that don't have value to majority of player base, nothing any dev will ever make will not have problems whether it's balancing or functionality, In every single patch in the history of Asylum there's been a problem with something being broken or needing fixing.

sure it's costing you a little bit of money now, the mining rigs look like a money sink but you never know what you might need Bitcoin for.

Innate, Medic Phazer, Ryan. and 3 others like this
9 hours ago, Big Gay Jay said:

Could be a couple things, if you're trying to get a specific answer @'ing admins is the wrong way of going about it, if you think admins have any gameplay decision power you're wrong.

Few things I can think of (my opinion no one else's)

1. If you have money, don't need to make it (running drugs , or other activities), Makes people avoid conflict / RP which the server lives on

2. blow money on things like vests and speed bombs, one thing we hear A lot of complaints about are people vesting innocent bystanders or speed bombs blowing up people that weren't intended.

3. A lot of players complain about people only riding around in high profile vehicles (ifrits, Qilin's (before nerf)

At the end of the day I'd like to think they aren't targeting people hoarding money specifically, the devs are trying to create content and value behind things that don't have value to majority of player base, nothing any dev will ever make will not have problems whether it's balancing or functionality, In every single patch in the history of Asylum there's been a problem with something being broken or needing fixing.

sure it's costing you a little bit of money now, the mining rigs look like a money sink but you never know what you might need Bitcoin for.

If one more person brings up how little money they are making with crypto can you change the forums address to www.bitcoinwillbeusedforsomethinginthefuturesostopbitchingaboutpayouts.com? I saw the first hint the day after the patch came out, that or start giving out coupons to https://ca.warbyparker.com/ so people can get a new pair of fucking glasses.  

12 hours ago, Henry Facesmasher said:

Exactly, maybe some people wanna fight for the leader boards, i dunno. What's the point of money if you cant spend it, or not, how the fuck you see fit. I've played several thousands of hours on this server/servers, been here since 2015, its my fucking money, if your jealous there is a solution, put in some god damn hours, and grind your balls off, People who have busted there god damn asses getting cash should not be punished PERIOD! 

any one bitching about people with more cash them the, prolly does it in the real world also so, FUCK YOU POOR BASTARDS, stop being lazy and do werk! 

Bherky likes this

So maybe we are asking the wrong questions then? What can devs make that will make players spend their money on? 

Personally if you want a money sink allow people to buy skins, clothing etc via in-game money. (special skins as to not fuck with the donations)

Make them fucking expensive to buy. But you get it forever. 

How to add content to sink money without pissing people off 101?

Edited by Henry Facesmasher
On 9/13/2021 at 9:58 PM, Henry Facesmasher said:

Why is this a bad thing that Asylum is trying to address?

I'm not sure what made you think that this is an issue. Was it a post or comment from a CM or dev?

From what I understand you think that Asylum wants to drain people with shit loads of money. Like John said people can grind as much as they want and shouldn't be limited because some people just grind more than others. This server is based on running money, rebel events, and APD. 

I assume you made this because of the house bills. Which personally I don't think was made to sink people's money, I believe that housing bills were intended to make people think twice about hording a house, not money. 

5 hours ago, Bherky said:

I'm not sure what made you think that this is an issue. Was it a post or comment from a CM or dev?

From what I understand you think that Asylum wants to drain people with shit loads of money. Like John said people can grind as much as they want and shouldn't be limited because some people just grind more than others. This server is based on running money, rebel events, and APD. 

I assume you made this because of the house bills. Which personally I don't think was made to sink people's money, I believe that housing bills were intended to make people think twice about hording a house, not money. 

I'm 99% sure Mitch has said that the server has too much money.

Bherky likes this