Mental Asylum

1 hour ago, Ratatouille said:

imagine being too scared to push with a marid lol. cry baby ken at it again. s/o bera for actually doing something lol

Hey bub, we won the event? Dont know what your talking about. You guys literally left the most defendable position in Asylum because you saw a marid and started drooling, all got lethaled and left only two people inside defending. I actually miss the old NV who enjoyed a blanced fight and diddnt want everything just handed to them. You know, people who shit talked but could actually back it up too. =]

GravL and danile666 like this
17 hours ago, Ken. said:

who shit talked but could actually back it up too. =]

Please man you cant even say that these cops couldn’t take it when they get to upset when someone tells them to kill them selves new generation arma players are actual pussy they legit have social anxiety an can’t handle any confrontation of any kind an those are the people you are in leadership roles when Durga was captain there was no reason why people didn’t push and fight till the event was over or everyone was dead I could give less of a fuck about a APC or tank or whatever the fuck you call it but the current state of the APD is a bunch of brain dead higher ups pushing with hatchbacks and suvs when they have the ability to push with a ifirt or hunter or strider and choose not to ultimately leading to every defeat. 

jsh likes this
1 hour ago, Ethan Darrell said:

when Durga was captain 

He made deals with innovative to stop attacking hq's because he was tired of it (one of my first encounters with durga as a cadet back then) 
Lol but it's true though we did 2 banks yesterday we had 5 people Amount of cops on during 1st bank 11

1st bank went as followed full orca tries to hotdrop and fails flies off 
hunter with 1 guy pushes bank dies
2nd full orca tries to hotdrop fails flies off
3rd full orca tries to hotdrop fails flies off
we take off and a cop with an mk is sitting 700 meters away trying to be the american sniper and doesnt hit any of us as we fly off

2nd bank 9 cops were on

Hatchback drives to flatrock with 2 ppl in it
Strider drives to flatrock with 1 guy in it
nobody tried to push and we flew off 

Try to come up with new tactics instead of having devs make things easier for cops braindead tactics like this are the reason you guys get all salty and whiny about rebels having better gear and being OP lol \\

if not even higher ups show initiative to be like let's try something else even if it's a lets all just bumrush the fuck out of it and secure bottom floor even if it fails do somemthing different instead of always the same the orca guy though was something else... if your tactic doesn't work the first time or the second time try something else be a distraction for cars to push up have 4 people in your orca so you'll get most attention from roof and have everyone push in or something 

TLDR Stop crying about deerstands and come up with strategies

luke110 and GravL like this
4 hours ago, Juan Lei said:

He made deals with innovative to stop attacking hq's because he was tired of it (one of my first encounters with durga as a cadet back then) 
Lol but it's true though we did 2 banks yesterday we had 5 people Amount of cops on during 1st bank 11

1st bank went as followed full orca tries to hotdrop and fails flies off 
hunter with 1 guy pushes bank dies
2nd full orca tries to hotdrop fails flies off
3rd full orca tries to hotdrop fails flies off
we take off and a cop with an mk is sitting 700 meters away trying to be the american sniper and doesnt hit any of us as we fly off

2nd bank 9 cops were on

Hatchback drives to flatrock with 2 ppl in it
Strider drives to flatrock with 1 guy in it
nobody tried to push and we flew off 

Try to come up with new tactics instead of having devs make things easier for cops braindead tactics like this are the reason you guys get all salty and whiny about rebels having better gear and being OP lol \\

if not even higher ups show initiative to be like let's try something else even if it's a lets all just bumrush the fuck out of it and secure bottom floor even if it fails do somemthing different instead of always the same the orca guy though was something else... if your tactic doesn't work the first time or the second time try something else be a distraction for cars to push up have 4 people in your orca so you'll get most attention from roof and have everyone push in or something 

TLDR Stop crying about deerstands and come up with strategies

Yes I agreee we don’t push enough and yes I agree we need more training (hopefully the revamped training team will fix that). When we have numbers we still fail (keep in mind we’re pushing however so numbers aren’t always a set win for us) 

But, you also need to remember 75% of the APD from what I’ve seen literally have under 50 hours on civ when they apply. Meaning 75% of the APD are newer players who just don’t have a great skill set.

All we can do is increase trainings to offset this and teach them the basic mechanics of the game, but just keep in mind the skill level of the players is a factor as well.

GravL likes this

We had 4 events while I was on cop yesterday

Prison - Won it

Mental Asylum - Our feared indestructible Marid was in fact blown up, wow. Still won.

Evidence lock-up - Won it

Another Mental Asylum - Won it

I will admit that the reason is because we pushed with 18 cops against if I were to guess 10ish or maybe even less rebels, but we still pushed.

I must be playing on a different server then you guys because I'm not picking up what your putting down.

3 hours ago, skimancole said:

Yes I agreee we don’t push enough and yes I agree we need more training (hopefully the revamped training team will fix that). When we have numbers we still fail (keep in mind we’re pushing however so numbers aren’t always a set win for us) 

But, you also need to remember 75% of the APD from what I’ve seen literally have under 50 hours on civ when they apply. Meaning 75% of the APD are newer players who just don’t have a great skill set.

All we can do is increase trainings to offset this and teach them the basic mechanics of the game, but just keep in mind the skill level of the players is a factor as well.

A group of 6-7 players/friends  that play everyday all day together will always have a better chance than 15 cops that are forced to play together

luke110, Copa, Ken and 6 others like this
18 hours ago, skimancole said:

80% of APD trainings are quite literally a waste of time and effort.  Pretty much everything explained in the first half of trainings can be explained in a google doc that you could give to cadets after they get whitelisted initially and then quiz them on as part of their ride along. ex: Where is the engine of a tempest, where is the fuel hitbox on the orca, how to use spike strips from a vehicle, where to disable prison/mental/bank/evidence, etc

Briefly recap it during a training initial briefing, then focus on actually implementing those ideas in the training server PvP.  I am very certain you could find a group of 5-7 people to play as rebels full time in the training (give civs who help like 30k for an hour of their time?), so that cops could get multiple reps of pushing events and trying different strats.  Take 5 minutes in between pushes to talk about what went wrong and how to fix it for the next push while regearing and pulling vehicles etc.

I'm also not a developer but the training server is an actual circus.  Gangs and groups are bugged, people can't see hexes further than ~100m away, and it generally just takes forever to get things going which equals 20minutes of just standing around.  Simply increasing the # of trainings isn't the answer, the trainings need to be of higher quality

• 4 weeks later...

Mental asylums are starting to get a little boring, and for the rebels, too, it seems.

The first half is too easy for rebels, and the second half is poorly designed, making it frustrating at times for both sides.

-The first half

Cops don't have fun during the first half because there's very little they can do against a competent group. The winrate for cops against competent groups is probably 10% or less. All the strategies necessitate the rebels messing up badly, or simply not having enough people. Armor pushes are countered by having one or two people on the gate, van spot is countered by having two people playing south deer-stands, etc. A combination of strategies is best, but even then a competent group usually has no problem.

Rebels in a competent group typically have no problem winning the first part, but one has to imagine it's not even that much fun. It takes half an hour to complete the first half, and with the winrate as high as it is, it seems it would be more of a chore than a challenge. I would think that killing people jumping from van spot, people paradropping, etc, who pose no real threat can be enjoyable for only so long.

I could be incorrect about the rebels not enjoying the first half, but cops certainly have no fun at all in the first half. It's absurdly easy for competent rebels, and mind-numbingly difficult for cops facing competent rebels.

-The second half

Its design is frustrating for both sides to deal with. Additionally, the idea of having a federal event with such disconnected parts is cool in theory, but with the way it's implemented, it falls flat.

It's unreasonable to have cops sit at remains for 45 minutes, while at the same time other federal events can be popped.

It's also not great that cops need to have civs drop the gold bars for them; although it's a minor grievance, it seems entirely unnecessary and a ridiculous way for cops to accidentally be corrupt. We aren't allowed to have gang members/affiliates do it for us nor metagame, obviously, so unless a wandering civ comes the only other option is to call random people on the playerlist. I imagine it's unlikely that anyone would end up getting blacklisted in connection to having someone drop gold bars, but it's very bizarre that cops need to go through so much effort and to even have to contend with the idea of being corrupt when attempting to seize the contraband from a federal event.

Rebels don't seem to enjoy the second half, either. The winrate for rebels is much lower during the second half of the event, especially as of late with the new cop strategy, which is essentially pulling an armored vehicle for every cop and turtling on the remains. It's not uncommon to end up having 10-20 armored vehicles scattered around the remains after everything is said and done. Rebels can win this part, but not nearly as easily as the first half. Regardless, I can't imagine it's fun to push remains and see 10+ cops each in their own hunter. I've heard rebels specifically complain about this. One of the more optimal strategies I've seen for rebels is literally to have everyone but one or two people go start another federal event, and I think it's fair to say that's pretty ridiculous.

-Ideas for the first half of the event.

Essentially just small changes that give the cops more of a fighting chance by making it easier for cops to get inside the compound

Remove the gate, and make the front entrance slightly larger. This is my main suggestion for the first half, and alone would change the fight pretty drastically

Remove the trees cluttering the compound so paradropping/orca drops are easier.

Remove the southwest deer-stand, and replace it with ruins or other cover like large rocks so that cops have a better chance at the van jump spot

-Ideas for the second half of the event.

Consider just reworking the whole second half of the event. Either move the remains to the south side of the existing compound or make a separate compound from the ground up. I personally enjoy fighting in open fields as it is, but I can see how it's flawed if you're playing as rebel. From there, make the second half an entirely separate federal event. Then the whole idea of a longer, varied federal event would be intact, without forcing cops to either sit AFK for 45 minutes or forfeit the event.

If not reworking the second half, at least make it so that other federal events can't pop while the remains are active.

Also, unless there's some technical reason it can't be done, fix the crate such that cops can seize gold without needing to have it dropped by a civ, or just change the way the gold spawns altogether.

I have fun at mentals, but it feels unrefined and needing of another iteration. I think even rebels will end up getting tired of it if nothing's changed. I was initially inspired to write this post because of rebels literally complaining about how they weren't having fun at mental asylums, and also because I noticed that more and more often rebels would request straight to jail and log off directly after mentals, not even bothering to suivest even with nearly 1mil bounties. I know since I play cop this post might be perceived as crying for cop buffs, but I'm really not. I am trying to make the argument that what is essentially a 30+ minute cop grinder followed by a fight against a swarm of hunters isn't fun fed event design, even for the rebels. I know the devs are likely focused on the domination patch, but the hope is that some sort of eventual rework could inspire rebels to play more often, not less often as has been the trend, and that cops would more generally enjoy the event instead of disliking needing to respond

shawn, Jr4life24 and Bherky like this