Petition To Remove The Speeding Ticket Charge

Petition To Remove The Speeding Ticket Charge  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Should we get rid of the $2 speeding ticket charge?

• Yes, it is useless and doesn't add much to the server.
    • No, I'm retarded and I like having a $2 ticket that can ping me to cops in illegal zones.

20 minutes ago, Innate said:

If I'm not mistaken it was added back as sort of an automatic identity theft charge because people weren't showing up on the wanted list, but if that's not an issue would love to see $2 charge removed

My biggest issue is the fact that somebody can ping at meth with one speeding charge; It's very unfair for civs. A good balance would be a bounty minimum for pings. Such are the probable cause amount, $2500. 

It's a totally useless charge and I have no idea why it was implemented back into the servers.  

Innate, Djmon and Crossfade like this
9 minutes ago, • B A R K I N • said:

My biggest issue is the fact that somebody can ping at meth with one speeding charge; It's very unfair for civs. A good balance would be a bounty minimum for pings. Such are the probable cause amount, $2500. 

It's a totally useless charge and I have no idea why it was implemented back into the servers.  

Oh I agree with you 100% I was just giving the reason that it was added back, I would love to see it removed.

2 hours ago, Mr. Slick said:

-1 Speeding tickets generate roleplay 

"So basically actually these speeding charges are charges that actually came from the checkpoint that I was actually speeding past."

Very good roleplay that you are generating here. 

Edited by Bherky
Innate likes this
1 hour ago, Bherky said:

"So basically actually these speeding charges are charges that actually came from the checkpoint that I was actually speeding past."

Very good roleplay that you are generating here. 

So actually what happened was I was actually driving past Kavala and you see I actually live in Kavala, That's where I'm from so anyways when your from Kavala you know a thing or two because you actually see a thing or two so actually what that really means is that you see

Panda, Space, Farmer Steve and 4 others like this
7 hours ago, Bherky said:

Keep the pings but remove the $2 bounty.

6 hours ago, skimancole said:

I agree that removing the $2 charge but keeping the pings when you speed by the speed traps

I just want to clarify my stance. I agree that the "[suspect] has passed X checkpoint heading X direction" ping should stay. The ping I am talking about above is the RNG fugitive ping at red zones. I think it's bullshit to ping at meth lab for a $2 ticket. It's unfair. Hence why I suggested adding a minimum for fugitive pings. I think $2,500 is more than fair considering that is the minimum for probable cause. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Slick said:

-1 Speeding tickets generate roleplay 

The speeding ticket can stay, but the pinging in illegal zones should be upped to $2,500 aka probable cause. When making money illegally, it is very important to not have a bounty in order to avoid APD fugitive pings in red zones. Speeding tickets are unavoidable and detrimental to making money and don't try and say "just slow down" because we all know that ain't happening.

Bherky likes this
17 hours ago, • B A R K I N • said:

Lets get rid of this shit. I'm sick and tired of getting a $2 ticket for nothing. It doesn't help with RP, the cops ignore it, and it fucks over the money makers by pinging them in illegal areas. Therefore, there is absolutely no reason to keep it around. 

Im pretty sure you only ping in a red zone if your wanted for 2500 or higher. I could be wrong but I have never seen someone ping in a redzone that just had a couple speeding tickets. 

Keep an eye out next time you see a ping in an illegal area, and check to see if its under $2500. Like DK said I don't think I've ever seen any under $2500 but it's possible. Let me know if it does ping for under $2.5k

I personally dislike the speeding charges because it clutters the wanted list, it gives an OCD numbered bounty, and overall doesn't add anything other than inconvenience to civ and APD, it barely adds role play. 

• B A R K I N • likes this

I mean I love pulling people over with speeding charges or people that are speeding, either they are stupid and run over a $2 ticket and we gain probable cause, or they pull over and you get to role-play with them. I think if anything they remove the automatic charge for speeding, and only show a ping. But increase the speeding fine to encourage cops to use the radar gun and pull people over for speeding. Introduce something like a street racing charge so if someone's tagged doing 100+ over the limit police gain probable cause and its a 5k ticket ect.. 

Edited by Kraken