Please remove VPN approval

I have no idea why but for some reason someone thought it was a good idea to allow VPNs for certain people.. this is by far the worst decision made for this community.. If you cannot connect to the server without a VPN that's a you problem, it should not affect every other person in the community because a handful of people live in a certain country which doesn't allow gaming or long periods of gaming. Lately its been almost un playable unless you have 10-15 people to fight against these gangs with VPN access as it creates enormous lag when they send the data to the VPN service which sends it to asylum and back adding a delay in data transfers. I have never witnessed someone die and then kill someone a solid 50seconds - 1minute after death until now and that person is running around like its tower lag but on the ground and when in a tower almost invisible inside a wall or beneath you shooting you from nowhere... This has to stop or I feel people will quit playing.

Just a few clips to show what i actually mean..

Please take note Doxino dies at 0.7 seconds, stays dead but kills Manhua at 0.54 seconds while dead.. makes zero sense how this is happening...

This is Doxinos Point of view of the above video, as you can see hes dead. stays dead but kills manhua somehow? yeah ok..

I know tower lag is somewhat cancer but this? this seems new https://gyazo.com/b1cefc0b97e89a89c0aeac8413f7e182

Where did i die from? the moon? or am i missing something...

Edited by Crossfade
Gaige, Michael L, King and 5 others like this

Competitive cartel fighting is completely dead because of this issue. Fighting cartels nearly always ends in a loss because of invisible and teleporting players, not to mention they're practically godded because it's so bad. From a standpoint of a player who focuses cartels and federal events, cartels mainly, this shit kills the game for me and makes me want to quit. No amount of money should force players to play at such a disadvantage compared to these VPN players. Don't you ban people for unfair advantages? Why can they still play. It is unfair.

Crossfade and Tip like this

@tom

"Makes you wanna quit, yeah you didn't play when the server used to kick you every 25 minutes.

Unbelievable how you new gen players have to have everything catered to you."

I have Been here since late 2014, played through all the aids.. But when i have higher ping than these people and NOBODY calls me out for this kind of shit, but EVERYONE is calling them out for it that makes zero sense for that statment... like seriously look in side chat when ever someone dies or kills someone who we know is on a VPN.. its legit cancer. the delay is fucking outrageous 

Also for the headshot video, that's just arma. I still see headshots not counting for the standard kills in KOTH/Wasteland/CQC and shit. so that's irrelevant as fuck

Edited by Crossfade
Gaige likes this
21 minutes ago, tom said:

Always has been an issue, get over it. "Competitive cartels" hasn't been a thing since 2016. 

Makes you wanna quit, yeah you didn't play when the server used to kick you every 25 minutes.

Unbelievable how you new gen players have to have everything catered to you.

I played early 2017 to early 2019 before I quit 19-20 I know tower lag has always been an issue, and that lag in general has always been an issue. I also understand that the game is dead and 'competitive cartels' will never be back like they were, not a new player here. I've been in the scene for a while, just not very active on the forums or within the community, only the groups I played with. The problem isn't solely the fact that they're lagging, it's that they're blatantly abusing it in almost every single fight we encounter. The clips keep coming.

Crossfade and Tip like this
45 minutes ago, tom said:

Always has been an issue, get over it. "Competitive cartels" hasn't been a thing since 2016. 

Makes you wanna quit, yeah you didn't play when the server used to kick you every 25 minutes.

Unbelievable how you new gen players have to have everything catered to you.

the only reason you aren't crying is because you play with them and use their ping as an advantage because its the only way you can win fights. 

Crossfade and Panda like this
5 minutes ago, matthew666 said:

in both clips dragon members have Nvv tags?

We rarely fight with dragons and it is normally against them ngl. Fair enough the most laggy one I have found is manhua but like the gyazo and the last 2 clips are literally tower lag and the first 2 clips are from the same situation like he had 1 exeptionally laggy moment hes not normally that laggy. Saying you NEED 10-15 people is ridiculous

jsh likes this
52 minutes ago, willtee18 said:

We rarely fight with dragons and it is normally against them ngl. Fair enough the most laggy one I have found is manhua but like the gyazo and the last 2 clips are literally tower lag and the first 2 clips are from the same situation like he had 1 exeptionally laggy moment hes not normally that laggy. Saying you NEED 10-15 people is ridiculous

when dragon, Lighting group up with each other and throw Q19 or NV in when its 4-5 of us v 16 (yes fuck plague group had 16 people in it) was kinda aids..

We also get that lag at House cap and OG or when they try roach fed events.. its not just tower lag.  we have only just recently started recording..

matthew666 likes this

@Crossfade

What do you propose as a solution? If you want something done then come up with an idea that doesn't exclude people from playing the game.

I can't lie it's pretty shitty that they teleport around (regardless of a tower) but on the other hand Asylum welcomes ethnic diversity in the community, and is why we have multiple support channels and staff for different languages.

2 minutes ago, Bherky said:

@Crossfade

What do you propose as a solution? If you want something done then come up with an idea that doesn't exclude people from playing the game.

I can't lie it's pretty shitty that they teleport around (regardless of a tower) but on the other hand Asylum welcomes ethnic diversity in the community, and is why we have multiple support channels and staff for different languages.

Removal of the VPN access isn't stopping people from being able to play if its a legit gamer with access so problem solved. If you cant play without it that's not our problem and it shouldn't punish the people who spend there time here. If you cant join without a VPN for what ever reason you can always find another game. It should be pretty obvious the people playing on here shouldn't have to put up with shit like that..

Maybe asylum could host a China hosted server

6 hours ago, Gaige said:

Competitive cartel fighting is completely dead because of this issue. Fighting cartels nearly always ends in a loss because of invisible and teleporting players, not to mention they're practically godded because it's so bad. From a standpoint of a player who focuses cartels and federal events, cartels mainly, this shit kills the game for me and makes me want to quit. No amount of money should force players to play at such a disadvantage compared to these VPN players. Don't you ban people for unfair advantages? Why can they still play. It is unfair.

you teamkilled your friend at first plate idek why u all monkeys complain when you kill yourselves

5 hours ago, Bherky said:

@Crossfade

easy just force them to move to america

Bherky and Crossfade like this

Someone from our Dragon Gang will play on this server in 2017. We still need to log in to the game and pay for the VPN fee to play. We may have some delays, but we are sticking to it, instead of telling you girls that we can’t ping it and say we have a ping problem. , Isn’t it because your own trash gangs can’t fight for reasons? Every day, 10 people in the gang can’t fight against our dragon gang. You know you’ve been suppressed. Please speak with your strength. I also see that many of you have 250 pings, and our dragon The help is around 200 pings. Have we ever said that if you lose in e-sports, you will lose it. Please don't find the interface, because we are still lagging behind. You can lose. It's your problem. This is fair server

We all just envy you why you have such a good delay, and in battle, you can kill with 1 or 2 shots, and we need 8 to 12 to do it. You also have more than 200 delays for these videos. I think I don’t believe it. See for yourself

PGone, Aluka, Ryan. and 2 others like this
3 hours ago, Argo said:

Someone from our Dragon Gang will play on this server in 2017. We still need to log in to the game and pay for the VPN fee to play. We may have some delays, but we are sticking to it, instead of telling you girls that we can’t ping it and say we have a ping problem. , Isn’t it because your own trash gangs can’t fight for reasons? Every day, 10 people in the gang can’t fight against our dragon gang. You know you’ve been suppressed. Please speak with your strength. I also see that many of you have 250 pings, and our dragon The help is around 200 pings. Have we ever said that if you lose in e-sports, you will lose it. Please don't find the interface, because we are still lagging behind. You can lose. It's your problem. This is fair server

We all just envy you why you have such a good delay, and in battle, you can kill with 1 or 2 shots, and we need 8 to 12 to do it. You also have more than 200 delays for these videos. I think I don’t believe it. See for yourself

What this guy said Sheep Thumbs GIF

Joshhh, Space and Aluka like this
4 hours ago, Argo said:

I have 200-250ping and i have never had someone call me out for being as laggy as you, I dont get tower lag like you, i dont get dpi lag like you, I dont get as bad vehicle lag as you... so its not ping related its 100% a lag method or its because of the delay in the vpn. Maybe Buy a better connection.

"you can kill with 1 or 2 shots, and we need 8 to 12 to do it. You also have more than 200 delays for these videos. I think I don’t believe it. See for yourself"

did you even watch the fucking video??? how many shots did manhua take to die and the fucking delay of it???? like hello? more than 2 shots buddy.. was about 15 total and it took the server almost 1 fucking minute to register he died for him to die and be out of the fight giving you fuckers a huge advantage... LIKE HELLO? that's not fucking normal.. 

BTW 2 of the videos aren't mine. only the top and bottom, the middle two are someone from Americas point of view so there ping is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY Less.. and its still fucking cancer for them..

3 hours ago, Patato said:

Damn feels bad to all the UNI students who are forced to play on a VPN because thats how school internet appears.

Sucks to be them. Don't go to uni if you want to play arma 3 🙂 

A lot of the pot calling the kettle black. We see connectuon issues from people in various regions. One just isn't the issue. If we were to region lock, how would it be fair to block one region and not another? 

In any video game. You're going to deal with the same. I too find it frustrating, but in quite the quagmire. People from the troubled regions are supporting the sever financially, often times more than others. It's not the reason they're allowed to play, and I have banned people who have a proven track record of connection issues. But I've seen people from the UK, Australia, South Korea, UAE all display similar connection issues. We are not in an age that we can rely solely on north American players to sustain a population on the server. I believe that if this was going to be a practice, it should have been implemented long ago. 

On top of that. The ability to implement a ping kick has proven to be extremely unreliable and lasted for 10 seconds during my last attempt at its implementation. I will continue to monitor and look for potential solutions. I must advise you, it would be a swift and decisive action that ultimately will have some collateral damage. Like i said above, this is unexpected to occur. But individual action can be taken. 

Copa likes this

Our solution isn't region lock, its remove the ability to connect with a VPN, As a lot of people have high ping but they dont lag around like these dudes.. I agree everyone should be allowed to play this server as it keeps it populated and helps keep it running but it should not affect everyone else's gameplay this bad. I hear everyone complaining about them.. when I play cop most of the people I play with or come across hate fighting them, Other civs constantly telling side chat how laggy they are.

What about setting ping limit to 300/350 or even 400... wasn't it like 250 last time? so those abusing ping delays get kicked.

lukee likes this

Please manage your own network. We can see that you are all flying on the ground@ adasd@Rush  。 We will upload your Ping video later. Don't close this post.

2 hours ago, Crossfade said:

我们的解决方案不是区域锁定,它取消了与 VPN 连接的能力,因为很多人有很高的 ping 但他们不会像这些家伙那样拖延......我同意每个人都应该被允许玩这个服务器,因为它保持它填充并帮助它保持运行,但它不应该影响其他人的游戏玩法。我听到每个人都在抱怨他们......当我扮演警察时,大多数与我一起玩的人或遇到讨厌与他们打架的人,其他文明不断地告诉旁人他们是多么的迟钝。

将 ping 限制设置为 300/350 甚至 400 怎么样……上次不是像 250 吗?所以那些滥用 ping 延迟的人会被踢。

Why can Tom easily kill us, but you can't?

jsh and 544heu like this
1 minute ago, manhua said:

Please manage your own network. We can see that you are all flying on the ground@ adasd@Rush  。 We will upload your Ping video later. Don't close this post.

thats becuase your connection is so fucking trash. every people i play with who has 15-60 ping sees you floating in the ground, rubber banding all around. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021/10/8 at PM11点45分, tom said:

一直是个问题,克服它。自 2016 年以来,“竞争卡特尔”就不再存在了。 

让你想退出,是的,当服务器过去每 25 分钟踢你一次时,你没有玩。

令人难以置信的是,您的新一代玩家必须满足您的所有需求。

18 hours ago, Junker said:

你真笨。您分享的剪辑是澳大利亚人与 CoffeeTea 的战斗,而不是美国人。ping 差别很大。

You're stupid, you fool. Please find out what I'm talking about and comment again! Australian = 200ping, coffee tea = 200ping, Singaporean = 200ping, all 200ping, Australian, why are you so slow? He didn't open VPN. Have you ever wondered why he was so slow? Because he opened the network speed limit software, he was using it. You fool.

5 hours ago, manhua said:

You're stupid, you fool. Please find out what I'm talking about and comment again! Australian = 200ping, coffee tea = 200ping, Singaporean = 200ping, all 200ping, Australian, why are you so slow? He didn't open VPN. Have you ever wondered why he was so slow? Because he opened the network speed limit software, he was using it. You fool.

Not at all what i meant you stupid fool. I meant that you and the Australian both have 200 ping. Wouldn't it be expected that that fight is going to have a lot of lag you idiot. It is 200+ ping vs 200+ ping pretty sure you should expect that type of shit to happen. Sometimes you Chinese sit around 300 ping and fight in towers. Your argument is ridiculous because now you understand how we feel in North America when we fight you in towers. You guys become bullet sponges and fly outside towers its ridiculous and unplayable. The only difference between the Australian and you guys is you guys use a VPN which makes it 10 times worse for us who play in North America.

7 hours ago, manhua said:

Hahahaha fuck off douchebag.

Every single one of you clowns lag tremendously for everyone on the server and you expect us not to be laggy for you? Your in a 3rd world looking ass country. Get better internet or maybe get a better government so you don’t require a VPN to play online games so you don’t get arrested and spend 25 years in prison for playing arma 3. Not a single person enjoys fighting you because you lag around like crazy. Fuck off back to your basic or probably even worse advanced training in the military

Junke likes this