Changes

All,

With the feedback that we received from last nights meeting with the community there are going to be some changes taking affect immediately.

Community Manager role has been removed:

As Asylum has evolved over the years so has the role of our Community Managers. These added responsibilities moved them further away from what I think of when I think about what a Community Manager should do. In an effort to better reflect their duties the CM role has been changed to a Senior Admin position. In addition to general admin duties and special items Senior Admins will be responsible for the following: VPN whitelist requests, owner/really old ban appeals, admin reports and activity tracking, APD Cpt and AFD Chief IA's, overseeing Support and moderator applications and training. Expect to see some additional senior admins in the coming weeks.

Civilian representatives:

I heard your calls loud and clear and I have agreed to implement a civilian council to ensure there is a clear path for community suggestions and feedback. It will be based in our discord with an area that the representatives are able to speak directly to myself and the development team. Typing in the chat will be limited to those representatives, but everyone will be able to read it and see what's being talked about and proposed. I hope this brings an additional level of transparency. Our new contributors @ObiWoki and @mitch have agreed to take the lead on this group. You can apply via the support system under the section "Civilian representatives application". Your application will be reviewed and a decision will be made.

More changes to come over the coming weeks. 

Mitch

3 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

There are limitations with coding

I know the limitations of the arma engine first hand, and I seriously doubt someone's idea would be so absurd it wouldn't be possible...unless they had like a replay death cam kinda idea....that's quite impossible.

And also that's not my point, sure let them code it, sure run it by them, but why should two APD higher ups be running it? doesn't make sense.

Edited by Infamous [FULL SEND]
Just now, Infamous [FULL SEND] said:

I know the limitations of the arma engine first hand, and I seriously doubt someone's idea would be so absurd it wouldn't be possible...unless they had like a replay death cam kinda idea....that's quite impossible.

write down some ideas or ideas you have heard and bring it to mini mitch and obi

26 minutes ago, Infamous [FULL SEND] said:

probably an unpopular opinion, but IMO the civilian council shouldn't be run by two high ranking APD officers, just doesn't make sense?

Please tell me you’re kidding. It has absolutely nothing to do with their APD rank. They’re only “running it” because they’re the ones who literally code your civ councils “ideas” into the game... if you know the limitations so well then apply to be a contributor

Without these two, you wouldn’t have ANY new updates so I wouldn’t complain

CH1EF, Copa and • B A R K I N • like this
3 minutes ago, skimancole said:

Please tell me you’re kidding. It has absolutely nothing to do with their APD rank. They’re only “running it” because they’re the ones who literally code your civ councils “ideas” into the game... if you know the limitations so well then apply to be a contributor

😐

39 minutes ago, Proud said:

civilian rep for a pop of 80 max...

just unban ppl ffs

19 Unbans in the last 3 days, people who are putting in appeals are getting unbanned, extreme circumstances are the only things being denied atm.

not sure who you're expecting to be unbanned, but cheaters are still not going to be unbanned

4 hours ago, skimancole said:

Nothing to do with there apd rank but there first update includes nothing for civs yea ok

37 minutes ago, InnateSmells said:

don’t care + didn’t ask + cry about it + stay mad + get real + L + mald seethe cope harder + hoes mad + basic + skill issue + ratio + you fell off + the audacity + triggered + any askers + redpilled + get a life + ok and? + cringe + touch grass + donowalled + not based + your’re probably white  + not funny didn’t laugh + you’re* + grammar issue + go outside + get good + reported + ad hominem + GG! + ur momdon’t care + didn’t ask + cry about it + stay mad + get real + L + mald seethe cope harder + hoes mad + basic + skill issue + ratio + you fell off + the audacity + triggered + any askers + redpilled + get a life + ok and? + cringe + touch grass + donowalled + not based + your’re a full time discordian + not funny didn’t laugh + you’re* + grammar issue + go outside + get good + your gay  + reported + ad hominem + GG! + ur mom + no + you thought you ate don’t care + didn’t ask + cry about it + stay mad + get real + L + mald seethe cope harder + hoes mad + basic + skill issue + ratio + you fell off + the audacity + triggered + any askers + redpilled + get a life + ok and? + cringe + touch grass + donowalled + not based + your’re probably white  + not funny didn’t laugh + you’re* + grammar issue + go outside + get good + reported + ad hominem + GG! + ur momdon’t care + didn’t ask + cry about it + stay mad + get real + L + mald seethe cope harder + hoes mad + basic + skill issue + ratio + you fell off + the audacity + triggered + any askers + redpilled + get a life + ok and? + cringe + touch grass + donowalled + not based + your’re a full time discordian + not funny didn’t laugh + you’re* + grammar issue + go outside + get good + your gay  + reported + ad hominem + GG! + ur mom + no + you thought you ate + folded + luigi mode + ok boomer + niko avocado + who asked + smh my head + child abuse + stfu non + ur mom + get a kid + imagine + no life

👨🏿❤️💋👨🏿

9 hours ago, Riv6r said:

Nothing to do with there apd rank but there first update includes nothing for civs yea ok

We on the same forum? Read VERY carefully below

15 hours ago, Infamous [FULL SEND] said:

probably an unpopular opinion, but IMO the civilian council shouldn't be run by two high ranking APD officers, just doesn't make sense?

Read Book Club GIF

The basis of any life server is the cities. The majority of server pop will always be players in cities and doing runs/civ things in cities and surrounding areas. When the cities are dead and empty, you see the ~30 player pop we have now and no one wants to log on. No new player will want to play in a server with empty cities too. Look at other life servers-- ones doing well have full Kavala's and Athira's, ones with low pop have empty cities like Asylum. Content needs to be trimmed on the map to keep players in areas that are interactive and interesting, with new content focused on things that everyone can do and enjoy, especially within cities and outskirts. Stop catering content to the vocal minority cartel retards

Swae, MacKOG, Copa and 6 others like this
2 hours ago, Kawaii said:

The basis of any life server is the cities. The majority of server pop will always be players in cities and doing runs/civ things in cities and surrounding areas. When the cities are dead and empty, you see the ~30 player pop we have now and no one wants to log on. No new player will want to play in a server with empty cities too. Look at other life servers-- ones doing well have full Kavala's and Athira's, ones with low pop have empty cities like Asylum. Content needs to be trimmed on the map to keep players in areas that are interactive and interesting, with new content focused on things that everyone can do and enjoy, especially within cities and outskirts. Stop catering content to the vocal minority cartel retards

+1

21 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

All,

With the feedback that we received from last nights meeting with the community there are going to be some changes taking affect immediately.

Community Manager role has been removed:

As Asylum has evolved over the years so has the role of our Community Managers. These added responsibilities moved them further away from what I think of when I think about what a Community Manager should do. In an effort to better reflect their duties the CM role has been changed to a Senior Admin position. In addition to general admin duties and special items Senior Admins will be responsible for the following: VPN whitelist requests, owner/really old ban appeals, admin reports and activity tracking, APD Cpt and AFD Chief IA's, overseeing Support and moderator applications and training. Expect to see some additional senior admins in the coming weeks.

Civilian representatives:

I heard your calls loud and clear and I have agreed to implement a civilian council to ensure there is a clear path for community suggestions and feedback. It will be based in our discord with an area that the representatives are able to speak directly to myself and the development team. Typing in the chat will be limited to those representatives, but everyone will be able to read it and see what's being talked about and proposed. I hope this brings an additional level of transparency. Our new contributors @ObiWoki and @mitch have agreed to take the lead on this group. You can apply via the support system under the section "Civilian representatives application". Your application will be reviewed and a decision will be made.

More changes to come over the coming weeks. 

Mitch

Who the fuck is Obi Woki, and why are SmellyPig and Taylor Goldberg not the civilian council leaders. They are true civilians. Many Admins on the server do not look into things, they just ban. For example, If I VDM or RDM someone on accident, and they submit a report EVEN AFTER IVE COMPED THEM, I shouldn't be banned. Especially if my comp is more than enough. Imo Admins need to look into logs FIRST then see if a ban is necessary. not go thru the process of making a ban appeal just because they were to lazy to check transfer logs to begin with. I also feel that Admin activity needs to be seen as well. I cant remember the last time ive seen some of these admins actively participating in the server RP. Staff should not just be behind the scenes especially if there is over 10+ staff team members. Interaction with the community should be done more frequently with events as well.  

Edited by 王 Foxx 王
1 hour ago, Infamous [FULL SEND] said:

nigga you can barely dev the apd server

Again, if you think Obi's work is so shit. Then you're more than welcome to apply to become a contributor and put your amazing ideas into code for this server. If not, then I'd recommend laying off the staff who are trying to help the server.

Innate, Copa, Donald and 1 other like this

Obi and Mitch have played on this server since 2015, the vast majority of that on civ, before V2.  If you think they’re biased against the civilian population have a conversation with the guys.

They’re bringing their real life experience of coding to the server to try to make everyone have fun.   Considering all the shit you spew about being an arma dev @Infamous [FULL SEND] make a contributor app, or wait to see what they can do.  

They’re coding to try to improve the community not bitching in a forum post.

Vortex likes this