Changes

I really have nothing useful to contribute other than to say @Richard is a retard and @Ashton. likes balls. also I am not shocked people are upsetti about developers, asylum roleplayers have been tortured by people like Henry, Windmere and Gnashes for years. If you want good quality and dedicated developers you have to pay $$$. I will wait to see what these guys do before passing judgement

Finally I am just glad to see there was atleast some kind of engagement on this, and perhaps community meetings should be a more regular feature going forward......

Mitch, Kawaii, Djmon and 2 others like this
2 hours ago, Michael L said:

I really have nothing useful to contribute other than to say @Richard is a retard and @Ashton. likes balls. also I am not shocked people are upsetti about developers, asylum roleplayers have been tortured by people like Henry, Windmere and Gnashes for years. If you want good quality and dedicated developers you have to pay $$$. I will wait to see what these guys do before passing judgement

Finally I am just glad to see there was atleast some kind of engagement on this, and perhaps community meetings should be a more regular feature going forward......

Smdftb 

Djmon likes this

Haven't played the server properly in god knows how long but when civ representative was first suggested way back when, it was supposed to have people from both factions who are well known in those factions. Make it an even amount of civ and cop so when they get suggestions for both factions they can discus them in the discord channel and come to a decision that pleases both sides because we all know there have been suggestions in the past that have been super one sided so doing as suggested might help keep a level playing field. Just my 2c.

48 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Haven't played the server properly in god knows how long but when civ representative was first suggested way back when, it was supposed to have people from both factions who are well known in those factions. Make it an even amount of civ and cop so when they get suggestions for both factions they can discus them in the discord channel and come to a decision that pleases both sides because we all know there have been suggestions in the past that have been super one sided so doing as suggested might help keep a level playing field. Just my 2c.

^^^

People are acting like civilians and cops are completely separate factions for some reason, despite (probably) over 75% of meaningful rp interactions occurring between civs and cops nowadays. When I was new, the Civ/Cop/BH interaction is what kept me on the server. All this rebel shit came after all of that.

ObiWoki, skimancole, |Cam| and 1 other like this
15 hours ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

We definitely need something/system that let's us civ players voice our opinions. Like the current ifrits are for giant meth gang meta, cartel pvp scene dead etc

You should make a post in the suggestions subforum.

https://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/53-suggestions-and-feedback/

It's very simple to fix this server and attempt to get a player base back. 

Cops need to be in cities - they are whitelisted not because they learned all the rules and the callouts for the banks lol they are whitelisted because their job is to promote roleplay; this is in the guidelines for cop when you apply -- it is like one of the first things you are supposed to learn. 

When cops are running bank fed bank fed the entire server life they can't be in cities. What happens then? The cops can't be there to protect new players, arrest shitlord RDMers, roleplay and have fun and the players log off. Fed events should be 1 per restart maybe 2; when a FED is not active there should be a requirement for cops to be spread out in cities. Cops should also be able to leave a fed event after 2 lives without anyone bitching. Shit in my opinion cops should be able to not even respond to a fed event; I got on cop and during the new "peak" hours where 50 players are online and a bank gets hit I don't respond and get dragged to the TS channel and asked "WHY ARENT YOU RESPONDING TO THE BANK?"... I then have to explain I am in a RP situation and I feel like the higher ups are angry about it lol... its so cringe. 

I logged on the server a few weeks ago to refresh my houses, it was like friday or saturday @ 8 or 9pm EST and there were 60 players on the server...I got off civ and hopped on cop and I was in teamspeak with a LT and SGT and we were chillin just patrolling Athira and speed trapping. We pulled over some people and RP'd for like 20 mins and had a blast. The CIVS we pulled over said "I don't understand why this is so fun I never have experiences like this with cops". The LT told him "this is what happens when we aren't running banks/feds every second". I have no idea who i was with because i don't care but it was refreshing to hear the truth from some of the higher up cops. 

Let cops leave fed events after 2 deaths, require them to patrol cities spread out, and watch the player base return. Nobody gives a shit about cartels and banks that is not the server. The server is a roleplay server and that happens in the main cities and the attention should be paid to said cities. When you cater to the fed events and cartels and huge gangs the end result is an extremely unhealthy server as we are seeing now. 

CATER to new players / first time players to the server and they will buy your skins, buy your car honks and most importantly... THEY WILL STAY ON THE SERVER. 

|Cam|, luke110, MacKOG and 2 others like this
On 12/2/2021 at 5:54 PM, P.FitzWallace said:

Obi and Mitch have played on this server since 2015, the vast majority of that on civ, before V2.  If you think they’re biased against the civilian population have a conversation with the guys.

They’re bringing their real life experience of coding to the server to try to make everyone have fun.   Considering all the shit you spew about being an arma dev @Infamous [FULL SEND] make a contributor app, or wait to see what they can do.  

They’re coding to try to improve the community not bitching in a forum post.

for real this guy is such a backseat dev lmao

On 12/8/2021 at 9:29 PM, RonnyB said:

When you cater to the fed events and cartels and huge gangs the end result is an extremely unhealthy server as we are seeing now. 

Its quite the opposite actually, the server thrived the most when there were more major gangs competing for these cartels and fed events. The only 2 gangs that actually actually do shit now are plague and humble. You used to have 8 major gangs fighting cartels, now its an easy sweep for them and they have all the time in the world for fed events.

Let cops leave fed events after 2 deaths

We can. 

It's very simple to fix this server

Its really not, what you covered in your suggestion pretty much covers cops only. Cops are not the main reason the servers pop is low right now. I agree they "might" play a factor in the declining numbers but so does 100 other issues right now.