A few suggestions that came to me while playing,

Many have said this before me, but it is worth saying again... the cities need to be made more attractive. What I mean is new players log in, spawn in kavala, pyrgos, athira, and are met with little to no contact. A couple people running around town or rebels going thru in a hatchback but that's it. APD is typically chasing down a high bounty and almost always working in a wolf-pack type system. Recently I have been patrolling kavala with the APD and have seen the impact of low population, and the massive and expansive map. Developers and leadership may want to considering dialing things back, and creating a more role-play and interaction map where cities are the social hubs they once were. Maybe even a couple illegal buildings ? I'm not really sure what needs to be added specifically, but I feel like the cities are being forgot about a bit. Let me remind you what a new player sees when they open their map:

477c6d38752e1d3dc758f55c296f1c30.jpg

New players in an altis life server expect to have some interaction/roleplay, and I feel like that just is not the norm anymore. I hope this sparks some thought and I welcome anyone to give constructive criticism or maybe even an idea on how we can change this? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, |Cam| said:

Many have said this before me, but it is worth saying again... the cities need to be made more attractive. What I mean is new players log in, spawn in kavala, pyrgos, athira, and are met with little to no contact. A couple people running around town or rebels going thru in a hatchback but that's it. APD is typically chasing down a high bounty and almost always working in a wolf-pack type system. Recently I have been patrolling kavala with the APD and have seen the impact of low population, and the massive and expansive map. Developers and leadership may want to considering dialing things back, and creating a more role-play and interaction map where cities are the social hubs they once were. Maybe even a couple illegal buildings ? I'm not really sure what needs to be added specifically, but I feel like the cities are being forgot about a bit. Let me remind you what a new player sees when they open their map:

New players in an altis life server expect to have some interaction/roleplay, and I feel like that just is not the norm anymore. I hope this sparks some thought and I welcome anyone to give constructive criticism or maybe even an idea on how we can change this? 

Thanks

It kind of looks like someone just threw up all over the map.

Gordon Ramsay Smh GIF by FOX TV

|Cam| likes this
4 hours ago, |Cam| said:

Thanks

What I got from your post is that you want to add something to cities to make them more popular, and then made a point about how the map is so cluttered with stuff that it's confusing for a new player to navigate. I think we can see how those two points contradict each other.

I think that a good idea for both reducing map clutter and promoting more interaction between players is reducing the amount of legal and illegal activities there are for civilians to do. Right now, and this is just going as far as illegal activities, we have LSD, weed (in multiple forms), cocaine, heroin, meth, drug runner airfields, drug runner ports, alcohol (in multiple forms), black market production, oysters, turfs, cartels, rebel outposts, sea turtles, and uranium. There are at least 15 separate activities for people to make money and spend money illegally on the server, and that's not counting federal events or drug dealers/wong's/warlords. As far as legal activities go, you can easily double that amount if we count every single mine, skiptracer, shipwreck, etc. While a large and diverse amount of activities for the server population to explore and participate in is not inherently a bad thing, that's a lot of activities for even a healthy population number, let alone the one we're currently stuck with.

As an alternative which doesn't help reduce map clutter, I think that there should be a small city placed in the northwestern part of the map, or a large one in the midwestern part of the map. The great thing about the illegal activities like meth, heroin, and cocaine, is that their main running route is located near or through cities, making them highly (at least formerly) contested by both cops and civilians, while LSD and Spirit Distillery are unbelievably annoying and tedious to get to as a civilian and are something I've never seen a cop patrol other than myself.

I enjoy roleplaying as cop in large towns but both the cop and civ population have changed along with what each expect of one another. Something I will continue to do, even if I end up dead most of the time, is approach wanted civs with my weapon lowered/holstered. I think making opportunities for roleplay is a responsibility of mine as an officer. That being said, I feel like I'm being pushed away from towns. Athira is just a war zone and getting shot in the back by unaffiliated civs while processing doesn't quite compare to busting drug fields or taking on a fed event (even though I have mixed feelings about the latter).

5 hours ago, Vanilla Coke said:

What I got from your post is that you want to add something to cities to make them more popular, and then made a point about how the map is so cluttered with stuff that it's confusing for a new player to navigate. I think we can see how those two points contradict each other.

I think that a good idea for both reducing map clutter and promoting more interaction between players is reducing the amount of legal and illegal activities there are for civilians to do. Right now, and this is just going as far as illegal activities, we have LSD, weed (in multiple forms), cocaine, heroin, meth, drug runner airfields, drug runner ports, alcohol (in multiple forms), black market production, oysters, turfs, cartels, rebel outposts, sea turtles, and uranium. There are at least 15 separate activities for people to make money and spend money illegally on the server, and that's not counting federal events or drug dealers/wong's/warlords. As far as legal activities go, you can easily double that amount if we count every single mine, skiptracer, shipwreck, etc. While a large and diverse amount of activities for the server population to explore and participate in is not inherently a bad thing, that's a lot of activities for even a healthy population number, let alone the one we're currently stuck with.

As an alternative which doesn't help reduce map clutter, I think that there should be a small city placed in the northwestern part of the map, or a large one in the midwestern part of the map. The great thing about the illegal activities like meth, heroin, and cocaine, is that their main running route is located near or through cities, making them highly (at least formerly) contested by both cops and civilians, while LSD and Spirit Distillery are unbelievably annoying and tedious to get to as a civilian and are something I've never seen a cop patrol other than myself.

I agree you made some good points, a new city is not something I had thought of before but it may be beneficial especially in areas with lots of activities not already near any spawn points/cities.

2 hours ago, Phantom Viper said:

I enjoy roleplaying as cop in large towns but both the cop and civ population have changed along with what each expect of one another. Something I will continue to do, even if I end up dead most of the time, is approach wanted civs with my weapon lowered/holstered. I think making opportunities for roleplay is a responsibility of mine as an officer. That being said, I feel like I'm being pushed away from towns. Athira is just a war zone and getting shot in the back by unaffiliated civs while processing doesn't quite compare to busting drug fields or taking on a fed event (even though I have mixed feelings about the latter).

I too have had distasteful experiences when trying to role play as ,UCB as possible. I have however seen admins actively patrolling in athira (I forget his name but I believe he had an Asian accent). Anyway, I feel like it would be beneficial to have admins actively patrolling with contables+ to address these exact concerns.

8 hours ago, |Cam| said:

I agree you made some good points, a new city is not something I had thought of before but it may be beneficial especially in areas with lots of activities not already near any spawn points/cities.

I too have had distasteful experiences when trying to role play as ,UCB as possible. I have however seen admins actively patrolling in athira (I forget his name but I believe he had an Asian accent). Anyway, I feel like it would be beneficial to have admins actively patrolling with contables+ to address these exact concerns.

Overall, i think everything should just be fixed. especially cartel income

I agree, I remember logging in back in 2016 spawning kavala, and the streets were filled, many gangs were there instead of almost exclusively farmersville. There was much more interaction and situations you could get yourself into that just aren’t possible when pop is low on top of one gang pretty much owning the town. This is only for kavala of course, but kavala is the town that any new player would be most attracted to imo.