Lowering the Maximum Ownable Houses or Alternative

I'm just wondering how people are feeling about this one. As a returning player I have found it quite difficult to find reasonable homes on the island. I'm sure this is effecting new players as well. Being down to one server I think we are seeing a lot of hoarding occurring. It seems kind of crazy that someone could purchase five houses and then just sit on them by logging in once a month.

I think lowering the cap could help with this issue.

An alternative could be making groups of houses in each major city rentable. Players would get access to a house with upgrades preinstalled and would have access to it for a month. Other players could check the expiration date to have a chance at renting it.

Another alternative, add more housing. Probably has server performance downsides.

On 12/3/2021 at 11:56 PM, |Cam| said:

I think we should be seeing apartment style buildings available for newer players

I see I’m getting a few likes on this, having a hard time seeing downsides other than difficulty scripting something like a motel.

could development/staff give some feedback, is this do-able? 

@mitch@Azeh@Mitch (IFRIT)

Edited by |Cam|

If people are looking for a place to just store things. Wondering if proposing an idea of a bank lockbox of sorts. Pay a certain amount to have access to a virtual lockbox in each city? Issues that it would impose is that it isn’t a safe haven since it could be camped by any city rat. It also allows to circumvent any possibility of a house raid for illegal items. But just an idea.